Classifieds

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 09:02 PM
BigF350
Hotshot
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Hi - are you trying to list a part or a classified, or respond to an existing ad?
What internet browser are you using by chance?

Thanks - hopefully we can sort your issue out!

Old 10-06-2009, 09:11 PM
BigF350
Hotshot
Originally Posted by hillbillyk
I don't like this, I look for parts and sell parts for 73-79 ford trucks, now they will get mixed in with all the other years, which are not all interchangable, and parts are harder to find. I liked it alot better with the old classifieds. Why change something that works great. Last night everything was ok on here, turn it on tonight, now I'm all confused.
A good question.
We removed it due to its under utilization, and that was why we changed to this product.

If you are looking for parts associated to a 1974 truck for example, type in "74" into the search area, it should be able to find just 1974 related items.

The reason we went to this system with all parts binned into one area, is there are so many parts that cross over all of our trucks, a lot of interior/exterior items, wheels, tires, axles etc. and we wanted to be able to present you with all related items, and we have got the categories so you can browse through relevant items for what you are looking for.
Also we wanted you to be able to post for sale threads in the forum areas.

I hope that explains why we made the change.
Thanks,
Adrian

Old 10-06-2009, 10:59 PM
hillbillyk
Laughing Gas
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
if you are looking for a part for a 74, say a fender, they match from 73-79, but if you type in 74 and someone has a 79 listed it will not come up. It is nice to browse the classifieds by the year you have. I hate searching through tons of parts from the newer trucks just to see what is posted for an older truck. I don't like searching for parts, it's like going to a junkyard and not walking around the yard. it's nice to just see what all is for sale for your year of truck you prefer. and if you sell something, for a 73-79 truck, it will get lost in a huge list of all truck parts. I don't like other web sites classifieds because they don't break it down by year. I always liked this one because it was easier to use. and you won't find many parts from a super duty that will fit on a 79 ford truck. some parts carry over, but most do not.

Old 10-06-2009, 11:03 PM
hillbillyk
Laughing Gas
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I also don't understand under utilization, I posted a few things for sale, had over 200 views on one of them, sold lots of parts from here, now I can't find them. How is that supposed to work? I have always had good luck with selling parts on here for the 73-79 ford trucks, and if it would fit another era of trucks, I would just post it in 2 catagories. or the drivetrain section. I could jump on here at night and check the 61-79 section for anything that is wanted, or for sale, now I have to search through everything for sale on the sight, don't see how thats any good.

Old 10-09-2009, 03:39 PM
BigF350
Hotshot
Ok, thanks for the feedback, I have made the following categories:
  • older-1947
  • 1948-1960
  • 1961-1966
  • 1967-1972
  • 1973-1979
  • 1980-1986
  • 1987-1996
  • 97-03 F150
  • 04-08 F150
  • 09-current F150
  • 99-current Superduty
  • Ranger
  • Bronco
  • Expedition
  • Explorer
  • E-Series Van

You can now select multiple categories as you see appropriate, and it provides more specific categories than the old classifieds. Ads that have been placed up till now will not be searchable by these date ranges, but all future ads will be.
I hope that helps with your issue.

Thanks again,
Adrian

Old 10-09-2009, 08:08 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Adrian, thanks for being open to modifying the setup of the classified section. It's nice to see feedback actually be accepted, and then applied to the way the new forum operates.

Having an open ended search, allowing us to "window shop", so to speak, makes it that much more useful for those of us who aren't looking for a specific part, but still like to peruse the various items for sale that work for our trucks.

Stewart

Old 12-18-2009, 06:04 PM
BigF350
Hotshot
Ok, we have now integrated both e-bay results and also results from almost all of the dealers across the US on all results now
Vehicles for Sale - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Hope you enjoy

Old 02-16-2010, 01:18 PM
64F260
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where is the best place to post info about deals that we have seen, to inform other members? I have recently run across several good deals on rust free 99-03 7.3l diesels (and a super low mileage 6.0) here in West Texas, just want to pass it on for other members. Maybe there should be a section for that? I have no connection with the sellers, just seems like a lot of good deals around here lately.

Old 02-17-2010, 11:39 AM
BigF350
Hotshot
Probably the best place is in the relevant forum section for those models

Old 04-28-2010, 12:30 PM
rotun
Reads ***** rules!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by IB Adrian
Probably the best place is in the relevant forum section for those models
Adrian,

I read the rules, even tried posting in the most relevant forum since posting in the Marketplace would have been wrong, then I get a warning/ infraction from one of the moderators. I tried communicating with him to no avail, he still won't tell me the right place to post the info I have. This was a simple case of the moderator only reading the title and not the post and now I have "a record" because of it.

Here's a quick rundown........I had been looking for the Ford Truck Service Shop Manuals for my 1991 F700, I found 1 on ebay that I, unfortunately jumped on being that I was searching for quite a long time, ended up paying over $100 for it. A few days later I find I need the additional Emissions Diagnostic Supplement and start searching again. I eventually found someone on Craigslist that has literally hundreds of these retired service manuals for nothing but Fords (cars and trucks). I ended up getting 3 more manuals from him for $75 plus shipping (he had the one I purchased on ebay for only $25). After quite a bit of talking with the seller (Al) I felt he is a "stand-up" guy and was wanting to share the info of what he had for sale here in the forums.

Now I start looking at where would be the best place to post this...classifieds/ marketplace but unfortunately I'm not selling anything so I don't have the required info to enter in placing the ad. Since he has manuals for numerous Ford vehicles I decided to put in what I felt is the most relevant forum....Garage & Workshop! Where do we keep our manuals, right?

Here is what I posted..

Title: Workshop manuals for sale

Not sure if this is the right forum to place this. Anyone looking for them, I have found a guy in Idaho that has a ******l0@d of them, good prices too. I had already purchased 1 manual online from another place and paid over $100 for it, this guy had the same one and was going to sell it to me for $25! Ended up getting 3 others for $75 plus shipping.

Anyone interested just post and I will put the link up.

After explaining to the moderator (was like talking to a block wall) he suggested I post it in the Marketplace under "all other items for sale" to which I stated was wrong because it states at the top "All other items (non Ford Truck related) for sale".
Still cannot get the right place from him, let alone get him to remove the infraction. I see many posts in the super duty forum regarding national auto parts chains having sales/ coupons and they don't seem to get removed or warnings issued, wasn't my post the same? Maybe there should be a specific place for ad's to 3rd party sales/ events that we can post this type of info. to?

I have no affiliation with the seller, not receiving anything from him, just want to get the info out to all of us here. Where do I post it without being wrong?

Old 04-28-2010, 02:01 PM
BigF350
Hotshot
rotun - here:
All Other Items for Sale - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

To clarify, the definition of "non-Ford" related items is really for Parts only. Posting items that you are selling on behalf of friends is selling in the technical forums, although you are allowed to post up links to other sites where you may buy something that you stumble across and you feel that other users might be interested in (and have no association with)

Does that clarify?
Thanks,

Last edited by BigF350; 04-28-2010 at 02:16 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:09 PM
rotun
Reads ***** rules!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I agree the title of my post could be misleading, but to jump to conclusion without reading what is in the post is wrong.
Clearly I have shown that I was not selling anything, and was offering info to another site where someone may buy something that I stumbled across and felt that other users might be interested in (and have no association with). It was also posted in the Garage & Workshop section, "No Truck Tech Discussion" is posted right next to the "Swap Meet" link, didn't look like a technical forum to me. To me it looks like the right place for it to be (based on the rules that I have read and try to abide by).
A warning and an infraction was definitely not necessary, there was no blatant disregard to the rules by me. Thank you for the clarification.