I need to pick your collective brains yet again.
I have two questions about my truck Question 1: Recently I've noticed that the
indicator bulb for my left turn signal... the little arrow in the dashboard that lights up doesn't work sometimes.. it wont flash then after like 20 minutes it will start to work again.
both the outside flashers work perfectly, there is just no indication of this in the truck cab.. loose wire or bad bulb?? if it is a bad bulb, how do i replace it?
and Question # 2: i also noticed that when i open my truck's tailgate and then go to close it i have to push in on the right side of the bed to get it to line up with the latch... My brother had it open one time and didn't shut it right and i didn't notice and now it wont line up.. frame trouble? when i replaced a leaf spring on the driver's side we had to use a come a long to get the axle pulled back into line.. could that be it? or do i need to realign the striker? Any help would be appreciated.
The turn indicator could be a couple of things. A loose or cracked socket in the dash cluster or a loose connection at the cluster harness connecter would be the first places I would check. To access the cluster,
1) Disconnect the battery.
2) Reach up under the dash to the light switch. On top of the switch there is a spring loaded button. Push and hold the button then pull the switch **** and it's shaft out.
3) Pull the wiper switch and radio ***** off.
4) Remove the radio trim plate nuts and plate.
5) Remove the screws that retain the cluster trim panel and remove the panel.
6) Reach under the dash behind the speedometer and you'll be able to feel the spring clip that holds the speedo cable. Push the clip toward the speedo and pull the cable back at the same time.
7) Finally remove the 4 screws that retain the cluster.
8) Reverse these steps to reinstall everything. Be sure to push the speedo cable and light switch **** far enough to lock them.
Take a close look at that tail gate. It may be twisted from being slammed against a load.