Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Truck Enthusiasts Site Navigation > Site Announcements
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-23-2009, 12:07 PM
Post Fiend

BigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputation
adrian.erks.harris adrianerksharris
Tech section

We have searched for the best of FTE's tech, and have a new section for it!
http://www.ford-trucks.com/guide-and-review/

If you have topics that you would like to have added and know more about, post them up in here, and we can add them too!
Old 09-23-2009, 12:29 PM
Admin Emeritus

SteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputation
Curious - will this be replacing the tech forum stickys?

Thanks for putting it together. It looks like it'll be a useful tool.
Join our Chapter *HERE*
9/21/54 - 9/25/09
Old 09-23-2009, 12:37 PM
Post Fiend

BigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputation
It will not Steve, its a more "wholistic" approach across all of the forums, and won't replace the "6.0l tech folder" for example.
It is also entirely automatic (i.e. if a better thread gets posted, it will automatically link to that), and will pull info from the galleries that is relevant as well.

Example: http://www.ford-trucks.com/guide-and...2009-f150.html
Old 09-23-2009, 12:43 PM
Super Moderator

glruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputation
Great Job Adrian, and others!

This should help some of the novices,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,LIKE ME.

Rest in peace STEVE, STEVEBRICKS, my west coast brother. 08/06/14
Old 09-23-2009, 04:53 PM
Post Fiend

alloro is a name known to allalloro is a name known to allalloro is a name known to allalloro is a name known to allalloro is a name known to allalloro is a name known to all
It's nice to have something like this to be found all in one place.

Just an FYI, the "axel ratios" topic is misspelled.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:27 PM
Posting Guru

raerjim is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Just scanning it briefly Adrian, the list appears to me to be all late model stuff. Perhaps I should have peroused the lists more carefully B4 posting this.
Old 09-23-2009, 07:02 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

jr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to behold
you know I didn't look at it too long but I like the way it's set up
takes ya to the threads where the topics were discussed!
good job Adrian for having it set up or setting it up
member of the Boy you ain't Right club #4
President of the crap shooters club
Join the Maryland Chapter click HERE
Old 09-23-2009, 08:51 PM
Super Moderator

Krewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputation
Very interesting indeed
'97 Cougar XR7 30th Anniv Edition 4.6L
'74 F250 Highboy FE390 deceased!
I've been wrong before, I'll be wrong again. Just wait and see. ®
Old 09-24-2009, 06:52 AM
Post Fiend

sdetweil has much to be proud ofsdetweil has much to be proud ofsdetweil has much to be proud ofsdetweil has much to be proud ofsdetweil has much to be proud ofsdetweil has much to be proud ofsdetweil has much to be proud ofsdetweil has much to be proud of
but this only deals with the late model truck info. there should be a tech area for each grouping.. I am heavy into the 48-60 models and we need a library area just as much..

Sam

1955 F100 460/c6, 3.55ls - 436 hp, 489 tq
2012 F350 4x4, DRW, 3.73ls, CC, LB, 400 hp, 800 tq
2013 Keystone Alpine 3720FB 5th wheel. 40', 15,500gvwr
Old 09-24-2009, 10:11 AM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by alloro View Post
It's nice to have something like this to be found all in one place.

Just an FYI, the "axel ratios" topic is misspelled.
Its only misspelled based on everyone searching the misspelled word more often than the correct one. lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by raerjim View Post
Just scanning it briefly Adrian, the list appears to me to be all late model stuff. Perhaps I should have peroused the lists more carefully B4 posting this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdetweil View Post
but this only deals with the late model truck info. there should be a tech area for each grouping.. I am heavy into the 48-60 models and we need a library area just as much..

Sam
All the topics we have are based on what people search the site for most frequently, it would be great if you guys and gals who are into the older iron let me know what topics you would like in there and we can add it too!
Adrian
Old 09-24-2009, 05:11 PM
Post Fiend

alloro is a name known to allalloro is a name known to allalloro is a name known to allalloro is a name known to allalloro is a name known to allalloro is a name known to all
So if I'm understanding this correctly, the software tracks and tabulates more frequent search terms? If this is correct, then will we mostly see search result topics that will only come mainly from the more popular forums?
Old 09-24-2009, 08:09 PM
Post Fiend

F350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputation
Great idea. The search function hasn't been up to par since the last upgrade in my opinion. I'll have to do some more looking through this, but what about links to items that are just described by symptoms since they don't know what they're looking for yet?

An example that comes to mind is the UVCH or Under Valve Cover Harness in the 7.3. Many come here asking about a rough running engine and having a CEL and looking for what to do next.

Might also be a good idea to include our sponsors on the right hand column with a link to threads about how wonderful we think they are. , but not as much the sponsor company name as the name of the individual we deal with. There are several sponsors here who are fairly active, and if we say you should check with Dennis, Jody, Clay, Dave, Tony, Chris, (and that fellow Ed ) etc., it might be a good idea to link the individual to their sponsor info.

“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.” Will Rogers
Old 09-25-2009, 10:47 AM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by alloro View Post
So if I'm understanding this correctly, the software tracks and tabulates more frequent search terms? If this is correct, then will we mostly see search result topics that will only come mainly from the more popular forums?
Yes - which is why I am looking for more subjects
Quote:
Originally Posted by F350-6 View Post
Great idea. The search function hasn't been up to par since the last upgrade in my opinion.
Kind of on a separate train, what have you had issue with regarding the search engine (we actually have spent a great deal of time trying to make it quicker, and give more relevant results - it would foolish if this was done in vain)
Quote:
I'll have to do some more looking through this, but what about links to items that are just described by symptoms since they don't know what they're looking for yet?
We can do that - we just need to know what those symptom names are
Quote:
Might also be a good idea to include our sponsors on the right hand column with a link to threads about how wonderful we think they are. , but not as much the sponsor company name as the name of the individual we deal with. There are several sponsors here who are fairly active, and if we say you should check with Dennis, Jody, Clay, Dave, Tony, Chris, (and that fellow Ed ) etc., it might be a good idea to link the individual to their sponsor info.
We are building out a separate listing of all of our vendors.
It will look like this:
http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/vendor_directory.php
It will allow you to easily PM the vendor, find their threads, view a map on where they are located, and also sort them via what products they offer.
Old 09-25-2009, 10:47 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Truck Enthusiasts Site Navigation > Site Announcements