General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Drat the Luck!

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2002, 10:25 AM
Vampiro
Cargo Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Drat the Luck!

Old 11-07-2002, 09:33 PM
alanscott
Posting Guru
Drat the Luck!

This is where I am going Friday, right through the heart of the San Juans, and back.

...Winter Storm Watch Above 8500 Feet Friday Afternoon Through The Weekend...

A major winter storm system will move onshore the west coast tonight and affect eastern Utah and western Colorado by Friday afternoon. Precipitation will initially begin as rain... but will turn to snow above 8500 feet by late Friday afternoon and evening. Snowfall in the mountain locations will become heavy Friday night and continue through Saturday. By Sunday... 2 to 3 feet of new snow is possible in the San Juan Mountains... with some areas potentially receiving snow in excess of 3 feet.

Mountain locations in the remainder of western Colorado and eastern Utah could see total snow amounts of 1 to 2 feet by Monday.

Strong, gusty winds in the higher terrain and at mountain passes could increase to 50 to 60 mph beginning Friday night... with some isolated gusts to 75 mph possible. This would result in considerable blowing and drifting snow with blizzard conditions at times. Motorists planning to travel mountain roads should be prepared for zero visibility at times.

Lower Valley locations will likely see only rain... possibly mixed with snow at times... during this event.

If you plan travel through the mountains of eastern Utah or western Colorado Friday night or the weekend, be prepared for the potential for dangerous winter driving conditions.

For the latest weather information... visit the Grand Junction National Weather Service website at: www.Crh.NOAA.Gov/gjt

Old 11-07-2002, 10:29 PM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Drat the Luck!

Want to borrow a Toque ?

[font color=red]Dennis

FTE Assistant Administrator
[/font]

[link:www.ford-trucks.com/guidelines.html|Club FTE]

[link: motorhaven.autoanything.com|How YOU Can Support This Site]

http://www.clubfte.com/users/mil1ion/canada_flag_animated.gif

[link:www.clubfte.com/users/mil1ion/Mil1ion.html|My Website,"North Of The 49th"]

Old 11-07-2002, 11:51 PM
erikl85
Senior User
Drat the Luck!

Dude, we got waist deep snow here in Mt. Shasta. Way northern california. And we are only at 3500 ft.

Old 11-08-2002, 12:00 AM
rikfish
Posting Guru
Drat the Luck!

Be thankful!!!! We need as much as we can get! Storm is to hit the all of the high country, north and south!

Isn't this one of the reasons we have our 4X's?

Old 11-08-2002, 04:42 AM
christop43
Posting Guru
Drat the Luck!

Jeez..... send the snow to Alaska! I live in Anchorage and the hi temp hit 48 deg. here today. I would like to ski sometime this year

Old 11-08-2002, 10:36 AM
brienobrien
Elder User
Drat the Luck!

Alan: Just to make you feel better. This weekend hi of 65 degrees here in Connecticut. I am going to take the MG out for some exercise.

Do you need some sled dogs?

I have had it with snow. Lived in Vermont for many, many, years. Can't stand long winters. I am currently seriously considering moving to the eastern shore of Virginia. They just harvested soy beans in October, and planted Spinich. I don't think the temps go below 40 all of that much during December and January. I can take that for low yearly temps.:-)

Old 11-08-2002, 11:10 AM
dono
Gone but not forgotten.
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Drat the Luck!

>Alan: Just to make you feel better. This weekend hi of 65
>degrees here in Connecticut. I am going to take the MG out
>for some exercise.
>
>Do you need some sled dogs?
>
>I have had it with snow. Lived in Vermont for many, many,
>years. Can't stand long winters. I am currently seriously
>considering moving to the eastern shore of Virginia. They
>just harvested soy beans in October, and planted Spinich. I
>don't think the temps go below 40 all of that much during
>December and January. I can take that for low yearly
>temps.:-)
Brien - tell me that your MG is a TD! That alone will justify my selection of you as my VP nomenee.
Dono

Old 11-08-2002, 12:29 PM
brienobrien
Elder User
Drat the Luck!

Dono: Have you have been talking to my wife? She has been buggin me to sell my F-3 and buy a 51-TD. I may consider the TD but will NOT sell the F-3. I do have an extra bay here in the garage next to my 51. The Ranger spends alot of time outside.

No, the MG is a mint 1977 MGB Roadster with 40,000 original miles. I am the 3rd owner. Car never experiences mosture unless we get caught in a shower. White w/ black interior. Weber Carb. I tore off all of that silly pollution control sh-t, and yanked off a secondary muffler on the rear. Replaced it with a straight pipe from the primary muffler back, so the car sounds like a guy's car. SS rocker panel covers w/ MG logo. 4 speed w/ overdrive. I can cruise 60 mpg and turn around 2500 RPMs. It really is a cool car, mostly for my wife's pleasure, but I drive it when we go out in it together. It's a fun car.

I don't know what my next classic will be, really. I hear station wagons have been busting through the ceiling, but I have always wanted a 65 - 67 Mustang. We'll see what comes down the proverbial pike. Thanks for asking.
:-)