Sponsored by: DP Tuner

"This Is" Our Riffraff Diesel Performance

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 05:18 PM
big poppa
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
"This Is" Our Riffraff Diesel Performance

I want to say that never in my dealings, ever, with any company, has anybody gone far and beyond the call of duty for customer service, customer satisfaction and not only the sale, but a friendship after the sale, I,m talking about Clay, owner of Riffraff Performance Diesel. Alot of us had the pleasure to meet Clay and his wife Kristen and know what great down to earth people they are and what i,m about to tell you guys will solidifiy what great people and a great business we have hear. Not to long ago I mentioned that when I ordered my S-B cold air intake system, thru S-B, in a thread (Clay wasn't up and running yet), I sent in my request for what I wanted engraved on the cover piece. I got a phone call later that day from S-B's engraving department saying they couldn't put what I wanted on the lid, they said it was inapropiate, I disagreed wholeheartedly but after going back and forth, decided on the BIG POPPA PUMP on the lid. When I finally got the setup they mispelled it BIG PAPPA PUMP. Not what I wanted but no big deal. To make a longer story short, Clay sent me a new lid, didn't even buy from him, his business wasn't open yet, thanks Clay, you didn't have't to do that but just goes to show what kind of person he is and the company he runs, reps to Clay. Theres a glare on the pic but the etched plastic logo is perfect, no flaws.

Old 09-18-2009, 05:28 PM
4inchlovin
Post Fiend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tis true you will never find a better guy to buy stuff from! Or have him do stuff for you... LOL

CLAY!!!! You need to put up a testimonials page on your website... When and if you do I want to be notified first so that i can be the first person on there!!!

Old 09-18-2009, 05:41 PM
hucka1a
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know where your coming from Mike. Last year I had commented on a thread about a PMT1 pcm. Clay who was not in the parts biz at the time, pm'ed me his phone number. I called him and he told me that he had found one. He bought it his self and had it over nighted to me. I payed him through paypal and he lost a few bucks on the deal.(paypal fees) To this day, he will not let me repay him what he lost. He and his wife Kristen are great folks and I'm proud to have them as friends. Great thread Poppa!

Old 09-18-2009, 05:48 PM
milleroutdoors
Posting Guru
Needing parts was the start of my friendship with Clay. Since then getting to know him and Kristen has been an exciting, adventurous friendship. He is still my parts supplier, aswell as co-pms'r and good friend. I share your sentiments.

Old 09-18-2009, 06:01 PM
7.3 Rocket
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Clay is just an awesome guy. Kristen is a pretty cool person as well.

When my boost gauge was messed up he replaced it no problem. And really what parts supplier would not only sell you parts, but fly out and get his hands dirty helping to install them aside from Clay? I don't know of any.

Old 09-18-2009, 06:06 PM
Izzy351
Post Fiend
I've dealt with Clay on a several occasions now. I can wholeheartedly vouch for him too. I just spent a rather large sum through him, and I can say he under promises and over delivers!! I have a big mod to do this weekend now...

EDIT: Here's a "hint".

Old 09-18-2009, 06:11 PM
duck fan
Because racetruck

Received 75 Likes on 53 Posts
My exposure to Clay started with my IH up-pipes. When I hit a wall and felt like I could go no further, he was ready to jump in his truck and drive 9 hours just to help. Of course these days hes a bit busier. But having wrenched with him more than once now, I can confirm what a guy he is.

Also, as Nick and Mark can attest, you really get to know a man when you drive cross country with him.

Old 09-18-2009, 06:21 PM
big poppa
Post Fiend
Speaking of testamonials Nolan, just copy and paste all these threads on his web-page highly recommending Clay and that would be enough reading to persuade anybody to purchase from Riffraff performance diesel. I be ordering a few things soon also, was going to cool out for a bit but thats not happening, PMS bad!! Funny, not keeping up with jones but everytime you guys buy something, I want one too, but the bad part is, everybody is purchasing something, don't know what to get first

Old 09-18-2009, 06:26 PM
duck fan
Because racetruck

Received 75 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by big poppa pump
I want one too, but the bad part is, everybody is purchasing something, don't know what to get first
You already know what I'm going to say Mike....

Up-pipes

Old 09-18-2009, 06:27 PM
Izzy351
Post Fiend
Speaking of testamonials Nolan, just copy and paste all these threads on his web-page highly recommending Clay and that would be enough reading to persuade anybody to purchase from Riffraff performance diesel. I be ordering a few things soon also, was going to cool out for a bit but thats not happening, PMS bad!! Funny, not keeping up with jones but everytime you guys buy something, I want one too, but the bad part is, everybody is purchasing something, don't know what to get first
See above...

Old 09-18-2009, 06:44 PM
hucka1a
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Izzy351
I've dealt with Clay on a several occasions now. I can wholeheartedly vouch for him too. I just spent a rather large sum through him, and I can say he under promises and over delivers!! I have a big mod to do this weekend now...

You dawg. Get to it already, I don't wanna have to wait 'till Sunday to read about it.

Old 09-18-2009, 06:58 PM
big poppa
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Izzy351

Gosh darn man, you sure that will fit in our trucks, shees, looks like a monster injector..

Originally Posted by duck fan
You already know what I'm going to say Mike....

Up-pipes
Yep, they still look ok but you know the story, lol..

Old 09-18-2009, 07:36 PM
WA.Ranger
Postmaster

X250! :-x22

Old 09-18-2009, 08:31 PM
Tenn01PSD350
Post Fiend
Gosh darn man, you sure that will fit in our trucks, shees, looks like a monster injector..

Yep, they still look ok but you know the story, lol..
They are all physically the same size.

Old 09-18-2009, 09:39 PM
PlatinumPete
Posting Guru
I couldn't agree more about what a great guy Clay is and about how much he will do to make his customers happy. Another example, as if it were really needed, at RRE this year I wanted to get my gauges, Clay ordered them to be sent overnight to the camp ground. Well the warehouse's computers were down so they didn't get the order but they didn't let Clay know til it was too late to get them. So Clay being Clay, he gave me a set he had with him (same series but not the color I wanted) and told me to take them and use them til he could get me the right ones, then just switch them out and send the 'wrong ones' back to him. I have never even heard of a business owner doing something like that but Clay didn't even hesitate. He truely is not only a great person to do business with but a great friend.

Quick Reply: "This Is" Our Riffraff Diesel Performance