3rd Annual Excursion Diversion/Ford Truck Rally July 16-19, 2010 SANTA CLAUS INDIANA

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 08:21 PM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
3rd Annual Excursion Diversion/Ford Truck Rally July 16-19, 2010 SANTA CLAUS INDIANA

Folks,

We have just announced the 3rd Annual Excursion Diversion/Ford Truck Rally for next July 16-19 2010.

It will be held this year at Lake Rudolph Campground in Santa Claus Indiana.

I would like to formally extend an invitation to all of you to think about attending this year.

We've had a great turn out the last two years.

For all the details follow this link https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/8...ml#post7941270

If after you read that thread and you have any questions, please PM me.

Thanks for taking the time to consider attending the rally next July...we've had a lot of fun the past two years meeting new people that all share a common love "Ford trucks" and camping!!!

Take care,
Joe.

Old 09-20-2009, 11:10 AM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
FYI...

Please keep in mind that I only have a hold on the sites at Lake Rudolph until next Sunday September 27th. At that time these sites will go back into the Lake Rudolph reservation system and anyone wishing to be next to or near the rally area will be on their own to find a spot.

This campground fills up fast and much of the campground is already booking up for next July.

I hope those wishing to join the rally seriously consider booking a site this week. Remember that the cancellation policy is very flexible with cancellations prior to 7 days arrival.

Hope to see you there next year.

Joe.

Old 10-02-2009, 02:59 AM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
While it is past the 27th of September and I have lost my 'hold' on sites in the rally area...

Anyone interested in attending this rally can likely still call and get a site in the rally area...if there are none available in the immediate area...please PM me as I may have a way to get you one with the group but call Lake Rudolph first and if no luck...PM me.

Would love to see more Ford/camping people at this rally...we have a blast and Lake Rudolph/Holiday World is a great family vacation spot.

I hope those wishing to join the rally seriously consider booking a site and soon. Remember that the cancellation policy is very flexible with cancellations prior to 7 days arrival.

Joe.

Old 11-30-2009, 07:39 PM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
THERE'S STILL TIME TO JOIN THE 2010 RALLY!!!

It's not to late to join the event...

Give Lake Rudolph a call to see what sites are left in the rally area...

If you should happen to learn that there are no sites left...and you want to be near the group...drop me a PM as I know how to get 2 sites right in the rally area...

We are already working on the rally agenda, we have goodies coming in and I have started working on the T-shirts...

Hope some of you can join the rally...we have a great time...

Joe

Old 12-01-2009, 03:13 AM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
While I realise that Excursions often tow - is this really appropriate for the towing, trailer, and fifth wheel forum?

We usually deal with trailer issues here.

If I have come across overly strongly I apologise, but I really think this was best posted in the Excursion forum.

(NOTE: I did not report this thread and don't intend to.)

Old 12-01-2009, 07:28 AM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Greywolf,

I apologize if my post offended you or you feel it is inappropriate.

My logic for posting it here is as follows.

The title of this forum is Towing, Trailers and 5th wheels.

The rally is a Ford Truck rally with people who camp. People who camp generally own trailers or 5th wheels...while many also own tents...all of the folks that have attended in the past have pulled an RV...

I apologize if this post doesn't fit here...I think it does since RV-ing involves trailers and 5th wheels and the rally is really about RV-ing with Ford truck friends...but I have no problem if the moderator wants to delete it and remove it...no skin off of my back...I'm only trying to get the word out about an opportunity for other Ford truck owners that want to camp with fellow Ford truck owners...I make ZERO money off of this rally so I have NO VESTED INTEREST in how many show up...it is all about getting Ford truck folks together...plain and simple...not everyone that visits FTE surfs all forums...in fact I visit two out of the list of many...so someone that could be interested in an opportunity to camp with other Ford people may miss out on an opportunity and not know about it...the rally is for more than just Excursions...but again...I'm not interested in ruffling any feathers...because I'm only donating my time trying to coordinate an event where folks with like interests can get together so I don't need any hassles...the pay stinks for this effort I am expending! ...but I do it because I enjoy meeting new friends with like interests...

Hope that explains my position...I don't mean to come off strong either...just trying to explain my logic...but again if horsepuller wants to remove it...it is his forum and I apologize.

Joe.

Old 12-01-2009, 09:51 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't think Horsepuller will move it.

Put that way it makes perfect sense. Hell, if I could afford to roll and had an RV there would be a RANGER RALLY in here....

But a Ranger with a 351 can haul a lot more than a normal one.

NO BAD - NO FOUL

Dang if I can see how an Excursion can pull a fiver though It would be bound to wreck the air conditioning....

Old 12-02-2009, 06:44 AM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
This little doo-dad should fix that up...

While not an Excursion...you get the picture...

And it allows you to still use your bed of your truck!

I've never personally seen one of these in action...and not sure if I would have the stones to use one with my Ex...

You can check them out here...Tow Buddy is Towing Diversity

Joe.