1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

looking for interior parts (swithes, panels, gages.etc)

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 08:10 PM
gkiester
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looking for interior parts (swithes, panels, gages.etc)

Guys,

I am looking for a good source for remanufactured or replica replacement dash switches for my 57 f100. Can anyone recommend a good source?

Thanks,
Greg

Old 09-13-2009, 10:17 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,059 Likes on 804 Posts
I think LMC might carry some of the parts you're looking for. Beware, I've heard LMC might have some quality issues and I know their on line catalog isn't always accurate. It's best to check out the on line catalog and then verify with a phone call.

Old 09-13-2009, 10:20 PM
gkiester
New User
Anyone deal with MAC's Antique Auto Parts? Looks like they have 'some' stuff but not much.

Greg

Old 09-13-2009, 10:21 PM
gkiester
New User
Originally Posted by bobj49f2
I think LMC might carry some of the parts you're looking for. Beware, I've heard LMC might have some quality issues and I know their on line catalog isn't always accurate. It's best to check out the on line catalog and then verify with a phone call.
Thanks, I will look into this.

Greg

Old 09-13-2009, 11:01 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,059 Likes on 804 Posts
I've never bought from Mac's but have always heard good thinks about them.

Old 09-14-2009, 12:23 AM
Julies Cool F1
Post Fiend
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
I've gotten a few things from MACs and they were nice to deal with and had good parts. I'd like to echo what Bob said about LMC. I've bought parts from them, but they have a lot of trouble lately with their "correctness" in their catalog. Seems they are selling more generic items and calling them year correct. For example, selling headlight switches for 48-50 F1 and it turns out to be a generic for 48-56 (with a 56 bezel)

I have also done a lot with C&G Ford parts (mainly because they are local) and they have been SUPER!

Old 09-14-2009, 01:03 AM
deyomatic
Senior User
I've always been satisfied with MAC's service and the parts I've gotten...brake lines, etc.

Old 09-14-2009, 04:17 AM
Col Flashman
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Actually your best bet is to either find NOS or have your originals rebuilt.
As all the Repro Dash Parts I've found has been Chinese made Junque!
Look on e-Bay, Greens NOS Ford Parts, etc.
Oh & by-the-by, PLEASE List In the HEADER what YEAR Truck your requesting Intel on.
It makes it So much easier to know before hand so that you don't go through Posts you're Unable to post Helpfull Intel, thank'ee.

Old 09-14-2009, 07:33 AM
gkiester
New User
Originally Posted by Col Flashman
It makes it So much easier to know before hand so that you don't go through Posts you're Unable to post Helpfull Intel, thank'ee.
Will do.

Thanks for all the info guys. Time do some homework.

Greg

Old 09-14-2009, 05:30 PM
Julies Cool F1
Post Fiend
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Col Flashman
Oh & by-the-by, PLEASE List In the HEADER what YEAR Truck your requesting Intel on.
Just to echo what the Colonel said, it give folks with manuals an opportunity to look stuff up for you if you need drawings or part numbers.

FTE has this "Garage" thing now which lists your truck under your FTE name. It's a link and takes you to the members "garage" with pictures and write up info on their trucks. So like in my post here, right below my name there's a blue "1951 Ford F-100" ( the adiminstrator didn't give us the correct F1 choice) you can click on that and look at my truck and the data on it.

I'm very suprised that "The Colonel" doesn't have his active with the beautiful truck he has!!!!!!

Old 09-15-2009, 04:29 PM
eshaver
Junior User
Once again kids ---------- CALL ANTIQUE AUTO PARTS in Arlington Texas make sure ya talk to Stacey Brown ! His photographic memory can save ya a lotta grief in the end ! He' on Colorado lane nice tan building . plenty o parkin too ! Ed Shaver