Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Dentsides Ford Truck

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-09-2009, 08:21 PM
Elder User

alconk is starting off with a positive reputation.
Door hinge bushing replacement??

My left door is getting harder and harder to shut and come to find out I think the hinge bushings are shot. I can lift the door up and down abit so is this something the average DIY can do or do you need special equipment?
Old 09-09-2009, 08:31 PM
Post when I get chance

bucks77ford has a very good reputation on FTE.bucks77ford has a very good reputation on FTE.bucks77ford has a very good reputation on FTE.bucks77ford has a very good reputation on FTE.
You need to replace you hinge pins/bushings. You should be able to get them at any local parts store. You'll have to take off your hinges to replace the pins and bushings. Detail instructions come with the replacements. A grinder, small vice and a hammer is about all you need. I did mine without ever doing it before and was able to do it just fine. And unless you replace the hinge pins, you won't be able to get your door adjusted worth a damn to shut nice.

77 F250 4x4 Highboy 521 stroker
75 F250 2wd Supercab 460
Old 09-09-2009, 11:33 PM
Elder User

alconk is starting off with a positive reputation.
Are the kits per application or are they universal?
Old 09-09-2009, 11:33 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks

Tags
79, 97, bushes, bushing, door, f150, find, ford, hinge, hinges, pin, replace, replacement, truck, trucksdoor