South Carolina Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: SC_Hoaty

Worse Fear!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 03:35 PM
tin-man
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Worse Fear!!

My Daddy and I alway's hoped we would be gone from this world before one of us would get sick to the point of not knowing each other. This past weekend I went home (his house) to find out my own Daddy does'nt know me. Talk about a shocker, it was!! After my Mother told him who I was, he smiled and said hello. I never in my wildest dreams thought this would ever happen to us, so with that, if your parent's are living, drop what you are doing RIGHT NOW!! Go in their room or call them on the phone and let them know you love them!!
My Daddy and I have a good relationship, only now it is limited. Keep us in your prayer's and I will do the same for you!!

The reason I started this thread was to let you all know about my Daddy, but also to let you know I will be going to Georgia every two week's to take care of him and my Mother. Right now there is no internet, but I hope to have that changed soon!! So keep me and my parent's in your prayer's and I will talk to you all soon!!

Old 09-29-2009, 05:04 PM
sicktight722
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll keep yall in my prayers and wish only the best for you and your family. I can't begin to imagine how hard it would be if it was me. good luck man and stay strong.

Old 09-29-2009, 05:18 PM
SCRWDRVR
"Obsessed"

David I cant imagime how tough that would be and hope for the best for your Pop. You and your family will be in my thoughts and Prayers, ten fold

Old 09-30-2009, 05:00 AM
tin-man
Post Fiend
Thanks John and Brian, you'll never know what your words of encouragement mean to me!

Old 10-01-2009, 05:35 AM
tin-man
Post Fiend
Old 10-01-2009, 06:49 AM
nutfarmii
Senior User
David, keep enjoying every day you have, you are right with what you posted #1, we all tend to loose touch to often for those we love. Stay strong and you have a lot of friends praying for you and your family.

Old 10-01-2009, 10:11 AM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Received 150 Likes on 122 Posts
Here too Dave...thoughts and prayers, stay strong my friend and enjoy every blessed moment with your entire family.

Old 10-01-2009, 02:41 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts
sorry to hear that tin-man... i been there before.. wasnt with my parents but my grand parents.. its even harder to make your parents understand when their parents dont recognize you anymore either.... My mom just never wanted to accept the fact that my grandmother didnt recognize me anymore till it got to the point she wasnt recognizing anyone anymore...

Old 10-04-2009, 02:00 PM
tin-man
Post Fiend
Thank's everyone for your word's of encouragement, Man I need 'em!!

Old 10-11-2009, 08:10 PM
pmasley
Lead Driver
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
David, my heart to you buddy.

I am glad I did not have to go through that, but I do think my dad knew. I just got the urge to go see him on a Sunday before Thanksgiving. It was a 7 hour drive. I went un-announced. His wife told me that my dad, for some odd reason refused his pain medication that day and she could not figure out why, but now she knew. We had a good conversation that lasted into the night. I left about 2 am from Cleveland and drove home, just in time to go to work.

Early Thanksgiving morning I woke up about 3:15 am and was very uneasy. I could not find my dad's phone number. At 3:35 am my step sister called me to tell me he was gone and had left at 3:20 am. She told me that he had not spoken a word since I left. She also told me that she ask him if she should call me. She told me that he only mouthed two words, he knows and then closed his eyes.

I did not know my dad very well. He was not part of my life as I did not know where he was until he got sick. Buddy, spend all the time that you can with your dad. I know that I wish that I had found mine sooner.

Old 10-12-2009, 11:59 PM
95_Dually
Post Fiend
I have about the same story as Paul. I only recently had the opportunity to get to know my real father and then he died. David, you are in my prayers. Drive carefully.

Old 10-13-2009, 04:44 AM
Zip
FTE Legend
Received 166 Likes on 105 Posts
Originally Posted by tin-man
My Daddy and I alway's hoped we would be gone from this world before one of us would get sick to the point of not knowing each other. This past weekend I went home (his house) to find out my own Daddy does'nt know me. Talk about a shocker, it was!! After my Mother told him who I was, he smiled and said hello. I never in my wildest dreams thought this would ever happen to us, so with that, if your parent's are living, drop what you are doing RIGHT NOW!! Go in their room or call them on the phone and let them know you love them!!
My Daddy and I have a good relationship, only now it is limited. Keep us in your prayer's and I will do the same for you!!

The reason I started this thread was to let you all know about my Daddy, but also to let you know I will be going to Georgia every two week's to take care of him and my Mother. Right now there is no internet, but I hope to have that changed soon!! So keep me and my parent's in your prayer's and I will talk to you all soon!!
I can relate to what you are going through. My wife's mother does not know her anymore. Its a very sad thing to deal with. I talked to both my parents this week. Both had birthdays and they are just 3 days apart.

Our prayer's you will be in David.

Old 10-16-2009, 12:33 AM
chatterjj
Junior User
tin-man life is tough bud, just be strong and know that we are here for ya and ur in our thoughts and prayers.

I'm a 44 year old man with 5 kids that never got to know his dad or mother. they both died when i was 5 yrs old.
so i will say this, i know what its like to lose a parent. and i know what its like to grow up without them. i know how special the time we have with each other is.
spend as much time with the ones ya love. life is short. and a good thing to remember, life is what ya make of it.

jj/johnny

Old 10-18-2009, 09:39 PM
tin-man
Post Fiend
I really do covet you all's thought and prayer's, I am trying to get internet at their house, but so far no luck!! I'll be back home Saturday and I'll be back on line!!