1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NO windows or radio for 30-60sec???

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 06:03 PM
Stever427
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 f250 5.4

Radio and power windows work intermittently? Any help guys?

Old 07-06-2015, 10:44 PM
lawdawg79
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had that happen to my 94 F250 back in about 1999, then the entire wiring harness caught on fire while it was parked lol

Old 07-07-2015, 01:42 PM
Stever427
New User
I have replaced all relays, fuses that have anything to do with the windows and radio. I'm clueless about it!

Old 07-15-2015, 10:49 PM
Morleyt
New User
Originally Posted by brisbon
This post was confusing my 2001 f350 had no such relay #203 so all I did was run a wire from top pin#87 on the delay relay to lower pin #87 on the trailer relay. and it works key on! sweeetttt saved me a trip to the dealer and its good being its all still protected by the fuses.
Did the above mentioned and the radio came on without the key in the ignition and I rolled my windows up as I had them both down. The jumper wire started smoking so I removed!

Happy that I got the windows up at least to work on tomorrow after getting to work and back.

No power to windows, radio, glove box light and map lights. All this started when I was changing interior lights to LED while my 2 year old son was playing with everything in the truck....

Old 12-29-2015, 09:34 PM
Sir Aaron
Junior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Morleyt
Did the above mentioned and the radio came on without the key in the ignition and I rolled my windows up as I had them both down. The jumper wire started smoking so I removed!

Happy that I got the windows up at least to work on tomorrow after getting to work and back.

No power to windows, radio, glove box light and map lights. All this started when I was changing interior lights to LED while my 2 year old son was playing with everything in the truck....
This is an old thread, but I had the same issue after playing with LED dome light replacements. The dome light broke so I took the bulbs out of the front dome light while waiting on a replacement. Wondering if there is some relationship?

Old 12-30-2015, 08:55 AM
OneTon350
Mountain Pass
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I am having the same problem but it shuts down while I am driving and comes back on. Only does it a few times and then after everything warms up it seams OK. I lose the radio, gauge needles / lights ( but not the gauge light itself ), power windows, power window lights, dome light, and the mileage readout. Changed all the associated fuses, but since reading this thread I am changing the relay # 306, and also the power window 30 amp circuit breaker, since I just discovered that the windows dont work either.

Funny, I was getting ready to make a new thread and I saw this one brought back.
Hope it works. Tried pounding on the dash a few times and that didnt work.

Old 12-30-2015, 05:28 PM
Sir Aaron
Junior User
Well I figured mine out. Apparently the map lights are related to fuse 41, instrument panel, which relate to windows and radio somehow. Found that after tinkering with the dome light/map lights, I blew fuse 41. Also fuse 41 had a 7.5 amp fuse when owner's manual said to have 10 amp. So I reinstalled the dome light, added some cheap bulbs until my LED arrive, and then added a 10 amp fuse and everything works now.

Old 12-30-2015, 05:29 PM
Sir Aaron
Junior User
Originally Posted by lads_john
I've made a little progress on mine in the past few hours. The symptoms don't exactly match this thread in that my stereo and windows *never* work. They don't come back after 60 seconds - or at all. But fuse 41 is blown and new fuses also blow. I suspect a chafed wire somewhere leading directly to ground.
My knowledge of electronics is starting to fail me though because I can't explain why when I measure the draw from that fuse connector - it reads 12 amps (the fuse is a 10 amp fuse so that explains why it blows). But when I try a 15AMP fuse (just for testing) - it also blows that one.
Try fixing your map lights. That is what caused mine. Make sure you have a bulb installed and then make sure you align the screws perfectly when putting the dome light back up.

Old 12-31-2015, 11:52 AM
OneTon350
Mountain Pass
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well after changing these 2 last night my issue still exists. But now it goes out and stays out. I guess I'll try the map light thing. One of the bulbs is blown but it has been out for months and this is a new issue for me. Worth a try.

Old 12-31-2015, 09:26 PM
Sir Aaron
Junior User
Originally Posted by OneTon350
Well after changing these 2 last night my issue still exists. But now it goes out and stays out. I guess I'll try the map light thing. One of the bulbs is blown but it has been out for months and this is a new issue for me. Worth a try.

replace the bulbs and make sure the map lights are off when you work on them. Then make sure you line up the holes absolutely correct. Check your fuse #41 and see what happens.

Good luck.

Old 01-25-2016, 08:37 PM
beastnutz
New User
Same issue 08 F350 here

Originally Posted by Sir Aaron
replace the bulbs and make sure the map lights are off when you work on them. Then make sure you line up the holes absolutely correct. Check your fuse #41 and see what happens.

Good luck.

Have a 2008 F350 SD...

Same issue here but just with my radio. It used to act weird in and out with the volume when I turned on the car. Would here a loud pop sound while starting ignition. It used to happen periodically, but since I left my window open a crack and it rained, haven't been able to use my radio and didn't even turn on. FYI window always worked fine. Before I went on this thread I tried changing out fuses 38, 39, 40 in the passengers side fuse box near the door. It seemed like fuse 39 (for radio) would spark every time I inserted a new fuse but would not blow it. It would turn the radio power back on but get no sound through speakers.

Now 2 days later, turn car back on and don't even get radio to turn back on again. I've read this thread and was going to try the relay 48 and the 30A #47 circuit breaker, but saw you said to check 41. So i'm going back out to check that one and let you guys know.

If that doesn't work I will try the other two options above. Seems like #47 and #48 are referenced in the picture you took.

Oh , and can someone please explain #306. Mine are only numbered from 1-48 in passengers fuse panel and 1-77 for the fuse panel under the hood.

If anyone has 2008 F350, PLEASE let me know. a lot of people on this thread have different fuse boxes from earlier models and can't compare to the 2008.

Thanks and sorry if too much detail.

Last edited by beastnutz; 01-25-2016 at 08:46 PM. Reason: adding somehting
Old 01-25-2016, 09:03 PM
beastnutz
New User
no go on the #41 fuse still no sound. but took out 39 again and put it back in and radio comes back on. No sound though. is there a fuse in the stereo itself? I was thinking maybe blew that out if I was playing stereo too loud. Maybe?

Old 01-25-2016, 09:50 PM
swellman
Junior User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I have a 2006 and it does the same thing. I am being told that it is the dash cluster. So, in the spring when I can be without the truck I am pulling the dash cluster and sending it to Circuit Board Medics. If that doesn't work I am not sure where I will go from there. I already changed the relay and that did nothing at all...except cost me almost $50.

Old 01-25-2016, 11:42 PM
beastnutz
New User
Do you think maybe the amp from the radio was blown? or may if there is a fuse on or in the actual radio , maybe that is blown?

Old 01-26-2016, 09:11 AM
swellman
Junior User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I replaced the radio and it works just fine. It just started all of a sudden and through the readings I have found a fix to be the cluster. But haven't done it yet.

QUOTE=beastnutz;15983324]Do you think maybe the amp from the radio was blown? or may if there is a fuse on or in the actual radio , maybe that is blown?[/QUOTE]

Quick Reply: NO windows or radio for 30-60sec???