what ever happan to?????

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2001, 12:36 AM
cobrajet
Tuned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what ever happan to?????

hi Ken, i'm not always here every day and i was wondering what happen to the forum,, FORD vs. THE COMPETITION forum. did it get that bad where you had to remove it?

Old 08-22-2001, 02:12 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
what ever happan to?????

After it got to be a troll forum I changed it to moderated which meant posts would not show up until approved. I pretty much let all posts go through. Then someone knocked me for being a staunch Ford supporter. Well... duh! Of course I'm a Ford supporter! The site is Ford Truck Enthusiasts and I make my living selling to Ford owners!

At that point I just figured it wasn't worth the hassle to keep the forum around. Why do I even want to hear about how someone think's their Chevy is the greatest thing since sliced bread? Why should I spend FTE's money paying for bandwidth about GM/Dodge?

Sure Ford has problems and we discuss them on this site, but I could really care less about Dodge and GM trucks. I've owned a Dodge truck and a Chevy car, both were the biggest pieces of junk but my Ford's have never let me down.

Ken Payne
Ford Truck Enthusiasts Admin

Old 08-22-2001, 09:51 PM
cobrajet
Tuned
what ever happan to?????

thanks Ken, i totally agree with ya. C.J. ....

Old 09-11-2001, 07:30 PM
jakegypsum
Posting Guru
what ever happan to?????

I noticed it missing also a couple of day's ago but wasn't sure when it was removed. I figured it was something like that to cause it to vanish. You gotta do what you gotta do.

Jakegypsum // Ford fleet, soup to nuts.

Old 09-19-2001, 03:52 PM
ryanstruck
Elder User
what ever happan to?????

Hey, it's all understood. I owned a 1987 Oldsmobile Delta 88, a family passenger car. It died after 90k city miles. After that I had a 1999 F-150xlt. It was THE BEST TRUCK EVER. Loved that thing to death, probably was what cost me my girl, but she was gettin old, too! Lol, thing about a man and his truck, ya know...the truck never talks back, never disagrees and can actually get you out of a bind. Well, last winter, she got taken from me, pitch black conditions and road covered in black ice. She swerved, she swayed, she 360'd, but that tree just wouldn't move for her. Sadly to say she was totalled, but I walked away with minor injuries, nothing serious. Goes to show how well built they are, the level of protection they provide, if I can hit a tree broadside into my drivers side door at 35 mph and walk out with minor injuries! Love and miss her lots. Now I gots me a 1986 F-250 and she's a beast, she is a joy to ride, lotta fun. Sure, she requires work, upkeep, but I work her hard hauling crushed stone, tree stumps, mulch, you name it. And after all that heavy work, and 180k, she's still drivin strong, outlasting that family car and then some. What does that tell you! I love my Fords!

Old 11-07-2001, 08:55 PM
hightpockets
New User
what ever happan to?????

After it got to be a troll forum I changed it to moderated which meant posts would not show up until approved. I pretty much let all posts go through. Then someone knocked me for being a staunch Ford supporter. Well... duh! Of course I'm a Ford supporter! The site is Ford Truck Enthusiasts and I make my living selling to Ford owners!

At that point I just figured it wasn't worth the hassle to keep the forum around. Why do I even want to hear about how someone think's their Chevy is the greatest thing since sliced bread? Why should I spend FTE's money paying for bandwidth about GM/Dodge?

Sure Ford has problems and we discuss them on this site, but I could really care less about Dodge and GM trucks. I've owned a Dodge truck and a Chevy car, both were the biggest pieces of junk but my Ford's have never let me down.

Ken Payne
Ford Truck Enthusiasts Admin

Old 11-13-2001, 07:56 PM
otto
Posting Guru
what ever happan to?????