Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-04-2009, 01:47 PM
Elder User

GUNNERDOG has a very good reputation on FTE.GUNNERDOG has a very good reputation on FTE.GUNNERDOG has a very good reputation on FTE.
Do my rear seats fold down or just up...

I know this is a super NOOB question, but i just purchased this truck and i can't figure out how to fold the rear bench seat backs down... does it fold down? The bottoms fold up... but i can't find a lever to make them go down. I know my buddies '99 and a '06 i test drove both folded down, but for the life of me i can't figure it out...

Truck details in sig.

You might be an engineer if ... the first thing you do with anything new is take it apart to figure out how it works.
Old 09-04-2009, 03:12 PM
Senior User

mikesmayhem is starting off with a positive reputation.
Use the same lever you used to lift the seat. Just raise the lever and hold it up and then lower the seat......
Old 09-04-2009, 03:14 PM
Elder User

GUNNERDOG has a very good reputation on FTE.GUNNERDOG has a very good reputation on FTE.GUNNERDOG has a very good reputation on FTE.
hmmm... i think i tried that, but ill try it when i get home from work and report back.

You might be an engineer if ... the first thing you do with anything new is take it apart to figure out how it works.
Old 09-04-2009, 03:33 PM
2 bit Californian

bpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputation
bill.pounds.1
Supercab rear seat backs do not fold down. Only the seat bottoms fold up.

I wish they did. I'm sure you could stuff some stuff back there.

2006 F250 XLT SCLB FX4 4x4 6.0L Auto,Magnaflow Turbo Back (w/CAT),Edge Insight CS,Blue Spring,RhinoLiner,Retrax Cover,Cab Lights Retro-fit,Overhead Console Retro-fit,Bilsteins,Harpooned,C-Betrs,Fumoto,'08 Diff Cover,Upfitters Retro-fit,Coolant Filter,Custom Man Steps,Keystone 2011 Cougar 278RKSWE,2012 Fusion SE
Old 09-04-2009, 03:38 PM
Senior User

mikesmayhem is starting off with a positive reputation.
Sorry I just misread the thread. I thought GUNNERDOG couldn't get the bottoms back down........I didn't think that should be a problem.
Old 09-04-2009, 08:07 PM
Elder User

FireMe has a very good reputation on FTE.FireMe has a very good reputation on FTE.FireMe has a very good reputation on FTE.FireMe has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpounds View Post
Supercab rear seat backs do not fold down. Only the seat bottoms fold up.

Not true. On 99s and I think 2000s the bottom cushion flips forward and the seatback flips down to provide a flat cargo floor.
Old 09-04-2009, 08:34 PM
Postmaster

rollerstud98 has a great reputation on FTE.rollerstud98 has a great reputation on FTE.rollerstud98 has a great reputation on FTE.rollerstud98 has a great reputation on FTE.rollerstud98 has a great reputation on FTE.rollerstud98 has a great reputation on FTE.
Really? That would have been sweet, pretty sure my dads 2000 did not do that though.
Old 09-05-2009, 12:27 PM
Senior User

ameinig is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireMe View Post
Not true. On 99s and I think 2000s the bottom cushion flips forward and the seatback flips down to provide a flat cargo floor.
X2, same on my 1999 s/c.
Old 09-05-2009, 12:29 PM
2 bit Californian

bpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputation
bill.pounds.1
That would be nice! I don't know why they stopped it, but the newer ones don't do that. My lab would love riding on that.

On the ones that do that, is the seat still a 40/60 split? Or all one bench? A photo of that would be cool.

2006 F250 XLT SCLB FX4 4x4 6.0L Auto,Magnaflow Turbo Back (w/CAT),Edge Insight CS,Blue Spring,RhinoLiner,Retrax Cover,Cab Lights Retro-fit,Overhead Console Retro-fit,Bilsteins,Harpooned,C-Betrs,Fumoto,'08 Diff Cover,Upfitters Retro-fit,Coolant Filter,Custom Man Steps,Keystone 2011 Cougar 278RKSWE,2012 Fusion SE
Old 09-05-2009, 08:02 PM
Senior User

ameinig is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Here is a photo of mine folded down. You can see the latch on the back wall of the cab and the nylon strap that you pull to release it.
Attached Images

Old 09-05-2009, 08:17 PM
2 bit Californian

bill.pounds.1
Cool. Thanks for the photo.

Old 09-05-2009, 09:36 PM
Senior User

Desert 4x4 is starting off with a positive reputation.
can the newer s/c rear bench be retrofitted to work like the 99's
Old 09-06-2009, 07:22 AM
Junior User

el boricua is starting off with a positive reputation.
The only down side on that configuraion is that there's no room to store anything under the seat, but when you fold the seat down is sweet. That was the same configuration from the mid 90's. At least on the F-150's that I had owned.
1967 CJ5 Jeep
1954 Chevrolet 210
Do you understand the Signature now????
Old 09-06-2009, 07:26 AM
Junior User

el boricua is starting off with a positive reputation.
Double type
1967 CJ5 Jeep
1954 Chevrolet 210
Do you understand the Signature now????
Old 09-06-2009, 10:13 PM
New User

tuffplay is starting off with a positive reputation.
dude please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameinig View Post
Here is a photo of mine folded down. You can see the latch on the back wall of the cab and the nylon strap that you pull to release it.
I have the exact same truck 99 f250 sd. I can fold the bottom part of my seat down no problem. The back part I cannot find a strap to fold it down. I put my hands behind the seat, actually bent it a little; the back of the seat is the same as yours. Where the hell is the strap?
Old 09-06-2009, 10:13 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty

Tags
150, 2006, 2007, 99, back, f150, f250, fold, folding, ford, rear, seat, seats, straps, truck