Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-03-2009, 12:55 PM
New User

Andre the Giant is starting off with a positive reputation.
How much should a FICM replacement cost

So I just got a call from the shop stating that the FICM is bad and needs to be replaced. What am I looking at for cost?
Thanks in advance
Old 09-03-2009, 01:00 PM
Post Fiend

npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.
FICM= $600+200 labor to install and flash = $800??

Hell will freeze over and I'll ice skate with the devil before I EVER lower my flag

Tim
Old 09-03-2009, 01:44 PM
Posting Guru

ljutic ss has a great reputation on FTE.ljutic ss has a great reputation on FTE.ljutic ss has a great reputation on FTE.ljutic ss has a great reputation on FTE.
But don't be surprised if you get a $1,000 bill.
Old 09-03-2009, 03:48 PM
Post Fiend

npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.
IMHO 800 is riduculous, but most run 12-1500. warranty recoup costs.

Hell will freeze over and I'll ice skate with the devil before I EVER lower my flag

Tim
Old 09-03-2009, 05:37 PM
Posting Guru

adambomb has a good reputation on FTE.adambomb has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljutic ss View Post
But don't be surprised if you get a $1,000 bill.
yeah that's what i was thinking too. i forgot exactly how much it cost me but it was about $1,200 or maybe $1,400. either way it's a lot of money man.

2005 F350 6.0 (modded) ~450rwhp/900+ft/lb tq
1999 F350 7.3 (normal mods + 13" King Suspension on 40's)
1998 F150 (basic mods + 7" Suspension on 35's/Prerunner fiberglass and skidplace)
1994 Bronco (normal mods + 9" Coil Suspension on 35's)
Old 09-03-2009, 05:45 PM
Post Fiend

69cj has much to be proud of69cj has much to be proud of69cj has much to be proud of69cj has much to be proud of69cj has much to be proud of69cj has much to be proud of69cj has much to be proud of69cj has much to be proud of69cj has much to be proud of69cj has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre the Giant View Post
So I just got a call from the shop stating that the FICM is bad and needs to be replaced. What am I looking at for cost?
Thanks in advance

A more accurate cost would have been to ask the shop while they were on the line.
2007 Thor Jazz 5er, 11k dry weight, 31'
173rd Abn. RVN.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:47 PM
Posting Guru

adambomb has a good reputation on FTE.adambomb has a good reputation on FTE.
that would have been a good idea

2005 F350 6.0 (modded) ~450rwhp/900+ft/lb tq
1999 F350 7.3 (normal mods + 13" King Suspension on 40's)
1998 F150 (basic mods + 7" Suspension on 35's/Prerunner fiberglass and skidplace)
1994 Bronco (normal mods + 9" Coil Suspension on 35's)
Old 09-03-2009, 05:55 PM

Maxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputation
If I send npccpartsman out for beer they usually are free. His truck won't run when he gets back but hey...money saved is money earned.

2003 F-350 Reg Cab 6.0L
Old 01-06-2010, 01:04 PM
Elder User

berick is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre the Giant View Post
Thanks in advance
My truck has been acting up a bit and I am thinking it could be the FICM. My issues began by not starting as good as usual in the colder weather. Today it was -20 celsius here (and I forgot to plug in), usually my truck moans a little at this temp but it will still start, however today it didn't. So I plugged in the truck for 2 hrs, and turned on my Espar heater and got the coolant temp up to 140 farrenheit and the truck turned over the first 5 times and it wanted to start but it was like it had no fuel. I finally got it to start and it would idle a little lower than usual and when I put it in drive I got absolutely nothing.... just idle. I turn it off and it is slow to start. What do you think? Does it sound similiar to what yours was doing? Thank god I paid the extra $$$ for extended warranty or I would be paying a tow bill and major repairs by the sounds of it. So what did it cost for a FICM? Was it arounf the $1,000 mark?
'05' F350 Harley Crewcab, FS-2500 Oil Filtration System, AFE Cold Air Intake, MBRP Dual 4" Exhaust, Herd Front Bumper, Dual 10" Liteforce "Blitz" Lights, Espar Diesel Pre-Heater, Smoked Recon Led Lights, Blue-spring Upgrade, HFCM Upgraded Plug, Diamondback Rear Deck, Bilstein Leveling Kit, Bilstein Dual Stabilizer Kit, Edge Insight CTS, Strictly Diesel Fuel Pressure Adapter, Icon Adj. Pan Rod, Harpooned, Britebox, Fumoto Valves - Block, Compu-Star Remote Starter with Alarm, CCV Reroute, SCT with Matts Custom Tunes, Riff Raff Cac Boots & Aluminum Cac Tube, DC Power 270XP,
Old 01-06-2010, 03:03 PM
Elder User

utjer is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I would have your batteries checked. If they are low it could cause all kinds of start up issues. Best thing is that it is free to have them load tested.
Edge Insight w/EGT Probe; Diesel Site Coolant Filter
Leveling Kit
Old 01-06-2010, 03:09 PM
New User

DrQuad is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
If it was still working it may only need to be resoldered DIY.
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/90...procedure.html
Old 01-06-2010, 03:23 PM
Junior User

pgjeepster is starting off with a positive reputation.
I got mine done about 2 months ago 600$ for the part and 108$ for the re&re and flash.
Old 01-06-2010, 04:21 PM
Elder User

berick is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by utjer View Post
I would have your batteries checked. If they are low it could cause all kinds of start up issues. Best thing is that it is free to have them load tested.
Batteries are good. I topped them up with a trickle charge and it turns over fine.... the starting and running are the issues.
'05' F350 Harley Crewcab, FS-2500 Oil Filtration System, AFE Cold Air Intake, MBRP Dual 4" Exhaust, Herd Front Bumper, Dual 10" Liteforce "Blitz" Lights, Espar Diesel Pre-Heater, Smoked Recon Led Lights, Blue-spring Upgrade, HFCM Upgraded Plug, Diamondback Rear Deck, Bilstein Leveling Kit, Bilstein Dual Stabilizer Kit, Edge Insight CTS, Strictly Diesel Fuel Pressure Adapter, Icon Adj. Pan Rod, Harpooned, Britebox, Fumoto Valves - Block, Compu-Star Remote Starter with Alarm, CCV Reroute, SCT with Matts Custom Tunes, Riff Raff Cac Boots & Aluminum Cac Tube, DC Power 270XP,
Old 01-06-2010, 05:35 PM
Freshman User

jeffmfly1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
ficm

I had mine replaced 2 months ago. It was free though ford if you are under 100K mileage. I didnt even have to pay the $100 deduc since it was emissions related.

Pretty much the same symptoms though. Very hard to start and when it did start it ran like crap and smoked until it warmed up then it acted normal.
Old 01-06-2010, 05:35 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
03, 05, 2003, 60, 60l, cost, deisel, diesel, f250, f350, ficm, ford, powerstroke, prices, replacement