Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-08-2011, 09:36 AM
Senior User

Country Traveler is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I just read through another post about everyone offering their trades for second rows seats. Most of the time it involves shipping. A couple of observations I made with the swap are as follows (provided you swap identical trim code seats):

Head rests are the same so keep your own.

40 side seat on the bench is exactly the same as the passenger side bucket with the exception of the arm rest. So you actually only need to swap the seat backs. (If the bench seat back frame has the assembly built in for the armrest (someone would have to check), all you would need to swap is the leather skins and armrest) The outer plastic trim piece is the same for both seats, but the inner has to be supplied with the bucket seat because the bench does not use it. If you keep your outer trim piece, it is one less thing to possibly break during shipping.

The 60 side of the bench and the drivers side bucket have to be swapped completely, with the exception of the headrest and outer plastic trim piece.

The right side shoe for the drivers side seat has to be swapped. The other 3 are the same.

Owner of bench has to send center seat belt assembly and 4 bolts to the new owner of the bench.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:16 PM
Junior User

jozan is starting off with a positive reputation.
This is some really great info I will and my 2 cents in a couple of weeks as i just bought a wrecked 01 expy gonna try to use the 2nd row buckets out of it in my 01 X I will let yall know how it goes.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:18 PM

Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Bringing this back up to the top to link it to a companion thread, same mod, done by Rich, aka White Buffalo.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/11...l#post11366702

Stewart
2000 PSD Excursion 4x4: 38R, JW trans, F5, MBRP, AFE, OBA and Pre-Pump, V & B codes
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!
Old 04-09-2012, 09:45 PM
New User

speotter is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdadamsjr View Post
One clarification please sir:
When you say "Captain's Chairs" are you referring to the front seat type captain chairs or the shorter second row bucket seats ?
You mean to tell me that the factory captains chairs don't match the front seats?

What good is that?
Old 04-14-2012, 12:39 AM
Excursion Fleet Manager

Sunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by speotter View Post
You mean to tell me that the factory captains chairs don't match the front seats?

What good is that?
The front seats are tall adjustable chairs, often with power tracks. The second row ones are shorter (though the headrest will pull up). I think the biggest reason for this is so that they will fold down to create a flat floor for cargo up to the front seats.
Sold- 2002 Excursion Ltd 4x4 V10, UA/HF, 1/30/02, 132k
2007 Sunline Solaris T-286SR travel trailer, 3/8/06
Old 04-14-2012, 09:03 AM
Post Fiend

Snowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMBC Freeride View Post
Just a quick shot of the unused seat mount inserts. As it turns out, they are not threaded, so to use them you will have to tap them first. Not a big deal, but thought I would add it.

Click the image to open in full size.

Ford likes to use self tapping bolts for lots and lots of things on their vehicles. Thats why most unused bolt holes aren't threaded.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/VPT/244788508917829
Old 04-08-2013, 01:00 AM
Senior User

Devilmanak is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ok, sorry to bring this back from a year ago, but I had a thought:
If the 40 side seat is the same as the bucket from the other side, could two 40 seats be installed, one left, one right? I don't care about arm rests or if the fold-down handles are on the wrong side. I want buckets in the back for my kids' car seats/boosters, they don't need armrests. I do need to be able to access third row seating without people crawiling in the back hatch, as you cannot fold down the 2nd row seats with kid car seats installed. I have a beater 00 Ex with the same interior as my "new to me" 02 Ex. So I have another 40 seat, I just need to know if it will bolt onto the other side? I would also need to find a new cover for the bottom, it is destroyed. Leaving one 60 seat in the beater would accomplish the same thing, access to the back. Anyone have any input?
Chris
Old 04-08-2013, 01:14 AM
Senior User

Shoot, just took a look. The above mentioned trim is on the wrong side, and the belt mount is on the seat, so that won't work. I need a left side tan leather bucket, if anyone has one. Have a nice 60 seat I would trade straight across. Or pay for yours. I do get really good UPS rates if anyone is interested.
I suppose with some serious fab/track/frame mods, I could make it work, but no reason to hack two seats to make one.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:43 PM
Posting Guru

fordboy2 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I would like to find a set of the buckets. Hell its hard enough trying to find a set of grey leather less alone the buckets.

99 f350 CCLB lariat 6.8 4wd No Cat Flow Master Muffler.
Old 04-13-2013, 10:07 PM
Senior User

I don't know why Ford did that. Tan leather in almost every X I have seen. My 2000 Limited green, my 02 Limited black, an 04 diesel Limited black I had for a short time. Yes, I know, Limited, but they should have done the grey more, those are some GOOD looking seats and the tan looks horrible so quick, they get dirty so easy. I had an 04 XLT that had the grey cloth interior, everything inside that rig just looked better.
I just realized I have a project Explorer in the garage, I wonder if the front buckets out of that would go in the Excursion? Grey cloth of course, I would have to put covers on them I guess. Be kinda neat to run power to them for the power seat function in the second row!
Ah craap, they don't fold down though, so I would be screwed if I needed the space to haul something big. Sigh.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:30 PM
New User

dcudihy is starting off with a positive reputation.
2nd row bench swap for buckets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilmanak View Post
Shoot, just took a look. The above mentioned trim is on the wrong side, and the belt mount is on the seat, so that won't work. I need a left side tan leather bucket, if anyone has one. Have a nice 60 seat I would trade straight across. Or pay for yours. I do get really good UPS rates if anyone is interested.
I suppose with some serious fab/track/frame mods, I could make it work, but no reason to hack two seats to make one.
I would be interested in trading my 2nd row bucket seats from my 02 Excursion limited (2 tone grey/tan leather) for a matching bench seat. Could you post a picture of your bench seat? Thanks.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:34 PM
Senior User

Mine is just straight tan, no grey.
Old 09-30-2013, 07:32 PM
Senior User

mrsvegan is starting off with a positive reputation.
In search of swap

Hi All, I have a second row bench seat with the let down cup holder / arm rest I would like to trade for two buckets. It is tan leather and in good condition. From my 2001 limited excursion.
Old 09-30-2013, 07:32 PM