Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Crossovers
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Crossovers Edge, Taurus X, Freestyle, MKX, Flex etc.

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-27-2009, 02:24 PM
Senior User

broncobran68 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Flex vs. Pilot and Acadia

Considering a large crossover. For those of you who have recently sought one, lend me your insight. Major concerns are reliability, mileage, and comfort. I am determined to avoid GM and I am not convinced Honda trucks are made as well as their cars. I'm rooting for Ford so help me out.

'09 F150 SCREW FX4. 2.5" AS Leveling kit/3" blocks. Line-x. 35" Toyo M/Ts on 18x9 Moto Metals. Homelink mod.
'68 BRONCO. 5.5" lift, 35s, 289 EFI, rollcage, durabak interior
Old 08-27-2009, 03:46 PM
Posting Guru

builtfordtough13 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I have only driven the flex and will say, it is probably the nicest vehicle ford has in there line up. It is very comfortable, with more second row leg room than a expedition, the front seats are also very comfortable and adjustable. Since the drive train is the same thing as the edge, taurus, and all the l and m twins it is a very reliable vehicle that at my dealership we have seen none come in for anything but service. I would wait for the 2010 and get one w/ ecoboost, select shift tranny, and tilt and telescopic steering wheel.
http://blogs.edmunds.com/roadtests/V...009-ford-flex/

Good luck w/ what ever you decide to buy!!

Old 08-27-2009, 05:57 PM
Senior User

broncobran68 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by builtfordtough13 View Post
I have only driven the flex and will say, it is probably the nicest vehicle ford has in there line up. It is very comfortable, with more second row leg room than a expedition, the front seats are also very comfortable and adjustable. Since the drive train is the same thing as the edge, taurus, and all the l and m twins it is a very reliable vehicle that at my dealership we have seen none come in for anything but service. I would wait for the 2010 and get one w/ ecoboost, select shift tranny, and tilt and telescopic steering wheel.
http://blogs.edmunds.com/roadtests/V...009-ford-flex/

Good luck w/ what ever you decide to buy!!
Nicest ford vehicle? Maybe you haven't seen the f150 in my sig. Just kidding and thanks for your reply.

Won't be getting ecoboost either. Not that I don't have faith but I just don't need the power, cost, or reliability concerns. This is one of those vehicles that needs to last 200k miles, with little more than oil changes and brake pads.

'09 F150 SCREW FX4. 2.5" AS Leveling kit/3" blocks. Line-x. 35" Toyo M/Ts on 18x9 Moto Metals. Homelink mod.
'68 BRONCO. 5.5" lift, 35s, 289 EFI, rollcage, durabak interior
Old 08-27-2009, 10:18 PM
Posting Guru

builtfordtough13 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Haha yeah, the new F-150's are nice, and I am in love w/ yours, but the flex is really really nice. I could see the flex lasting that long w/ little or no problems.

Old 08-28-2009, 07:46 AM
Elder User

tcesni is starting off with a positive reputation.
One consistent comment I have read in the car mags (including Consumer Reports) is that the latest Pilot seems to have been "cheapened up" compared to the previous model, apparently in an effort to reduce its production cost. This is in reference to the interior.
Old 09-06-2009, 09:54 AM
Former ******

Bear River has a very good reputation on FTE.Bear River has a very good reputation on FTE.Bear River has a very good reputation on FTE.Bear River has a very good reputation on FTE.
The Pilot has a history of transmission problems and you are correct in your guess that Hondas trucks and SUVs are not built tot eh same quality as their cars. The Acadia is another GM POS. To be the thing looks like a squatted down Jimmy. The Flex is well designed, and was engineered to be reliable.
Old 09-06-2009, 01:50 PM
Senior User

Going_Going_Gone is starting off with a positive reputation.
We have owned a Mazda CX9 FWD for over 2 years now. Other than a couple of cosmetic problems that Mazda took immediate care of; we have had zero mechanical issues with this vehicle. Approaching 50K miles and tracked all fuel to date with ovrall mileage just under 20 mpg. When we replaced the pos Bridgestone raidals with Toyos, mileage went down slightly, but handling improved. It can seat 7 but we have only used the third-row seats one or two times for our grandchildren. Very happy so far. A spacious CUV that is not a Toyota, Honda or GM product.
Old 09-06-2009, 09:38 PM
Posting Guru

trinogt is starting off with a positive reputation.
Flex

I sell all Ford products, and the one thing I hear more than anything else is "That thing is UGLY!" But I get the occasional "It looks awesome! Like an old Woody wagon".
Once I put someone in the driver seat for a demo, any complaints about the outside looks goes away... Immediately. It is the nicest riding Ford I have ever been in... Period. And I drive all their new products, everyday.
Another shocker? Even the little Focus rides better than most of the competition. It surprises most any shopper that has come from the import lots.
We currently have ZERO Flex's on our lot. Hope to get more in soon! Sold the last 4 within two weeks, and we are not the biggest dealer around.
Mark
1998 B2500 2.5 liter OHC
http://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gall...toid=5362&.jpg
Old 09-06-2009, 09:38 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Crossovers

Tags
2010, acadia, cars, consumer, el, expedition, flex, ford, kit, lift, pilot, reports, roush, shocks, truck, versus, vs