Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > Oklahoma Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Gary Lewis

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-26-2009, 08:43 PM
Postmaster

cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.
Red face Anyone wanna teach me how to drive a motorcycle?

lol. I'm dying to learn how. I've been eyeballin some cruiser style bikes, for my daily commute. But I have never drivin one before. I know how to drive manual cars and trucks, and someone told me that it is not much different. Anybody in NE OK have a bike and time that they dont mind teaching me with?

Daily Driver 1978 F150
Old 08-27-2009, 07:58 AM
Posting Guru

MikeB 88 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cigarxtc View Post
lol. I'm dying to learn how. I've been eyeballin some cruiser style bikes, for my daily commute. But I have never drivin one before. I know how to drive manual cars and trucks, and someone told me that it is not much different. Anybody in NE OK have a bike and time that they dont mind teaching me with?
Ron,

Just get a scooter with an automatic
2000 Ranger Regular cab
2.5L with A/C backed up by the 5 speed manual, 2WD.
170,000+ on the clock.
Old 08-27-2009, 05:10 PM
Postmaster

cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.
lol. Sorry Mike, i couldnt bring myself to drive one of those in public. No offense to any scooter riders here, but i want a manly, loud, and beefy motorcycle.

Daily Driver 1978 F150
Old 08-28-2009, 11:07 AM
Posting Guru

MikeB 88 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Ron,

I understand you pain!!!
2000 Ranger Regular cab
2.5L with A/C backed up by the 5 speed manual, 2WD.
170,000+ on the clock.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:10 PM
Elder User

Faber is starting off with a positive reputation.
learn on a dirt bike first.
wear gear.

Old 01-11-2010, 10:17 PM
Post Fiend

Bill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputation
Google Motorcycle Safty Foundation, they can teach you how to ride.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:42 PM
Posting Guru

SwOkcOffRoader has a good reputation on FTE.SwOkcOffRoader has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faber View Post
learn on a dirt bike first.
wear gear.
x2,3,4 and 5

if you can ride good on a dirtbike, then you can handle a streetbike with ease...but man, you gotta ride deffensively AND offensively, cause people WILL RUN YOU OVER!!!! if you have really never riden before, then take Bill's advise and pay for a good motorcycle course, it will probably save your life....

Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but always enough time to do it again??
....Will work for Rep points....
Old 01-12-2010, 01:44 PM
Post Fiend

Bill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputation
one thing i forgot to mention is once you finish a MSF class they issue you your license on the spot, no going to mvd and taking the test... i took it about 2 years ago and you do not need a motorcycle to take it... just a helmet, gloves and boots.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:10 PM
Postmaster

Hey, that's good info. I wouldn't have thought of that. I also heard that if i take a Moto Safety Course that my insurance is cheaper. Thanks all.

p.s. I'm one of the most defensive drivers you'll ever meet, in any vehicle i drive. I'm always spotting things before they happen and read the cars that are 2 or 3 spots in front of me. So i think i'd be a great defensive moto driver too. Can't wait.

Daily Driver 1978 F150
Old 01-16-2010, 09:30 AM
Elder User

Faber is starting off with a positive reputation.
^you're gonna have to be....or your life span will be much shorter.
i've been rear ended and thrown into an intersection, been able to kick car doors as people came into my lane, my buddy was ran off the road totaling his bike....driver kept going.
be safe man, always wear that gear.
it is nice to ride though, nothing like it.

Old 01-16-2010, 09:30 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > Oklahoma Chapter

Tags
drive, motorcycle