Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Pre-Power Stroke Diesel (7.3L IDI & 6.9L)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Pre-Power Stroke Diesel (7.3L IDI & 6.9L) Diesel Topics Only

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-25-2009, 09:36 PM
Junior User

subliminaltrips is starting off with a positive reputation.
fuel line from lift pump to fuel filter

anybody know who carries them. i need the hard line from the lift pump up to the filter. the threads on the fittings were stripped by the p/o on the upper connection to the fuel filter. what size thread is the inlet with the 90 deg elbow , looks like 1/4 npt into the hausing but the other end of the elbow looks like its not tapered. any suggestions? i was hoping to just get the flare fitting and the elbow and just flaring some straight hardline from auto zone but getting the whole pre bent line wouldnt be a problem if its not 47 million dollars. also the engine came from an e series van ambulance so the filter is over behind the a/c compressor.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:11 AM
Junior User

lmnr0026 is starting off with a positive reputation.
does the line need to be steel? I replaced most of mine with rubber-ish injector line when I put on the electric pump. (sorry to go off your topic a bit...)
Old 08-27-2009, 03:03 AM
Postmaster

LCAM-01XA has a very good reputation on FTE.LCAM-01XA has a very good reputation on FTE.LCAM-01XA has a very good reputation on FTE.
The side of the elbow that is towards the line is not tapered - it uses the Parker vibra-lock setup where there is a fat rubber "donut" around the tube and when you tighten the line nut it squeezes on the donut and makes it seal to the tube. The line itself is 3/8". I don't know where to get another line except from a junkyard truck. You are correct on the filter husing threads tho, they are indeed 1/4" NPT, and IIRC it's the same down at the lift pump - I see no issues with getting two fittings that have 1/4" NPT male threads on one side, and 3/8" flared ends on the other side, then installing those in the lift pump and filter housing and connecting them, with AutoZone-special 3/8" steel fuel line. Just make sure you use a clamp or two along the length of the line, to prevent it from vibrating excessively.

Old 08-27-2009, 11:20 PM
Junior User

ytlogger is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have that on my to do list, to replace the steel line with a neoprene lined high pressure hose and compatible fittings. I think it's neoprene but at any rate it is a lined fuel hose. Regular rubber hp hose will break down in fairly short order.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:19 AM
Junior User

thx guys. i found a hose barb for the lift pump and the filter inlet. my lift pump was farktup and wouldnt pump fuel from a 5 gallon can i had full of diesel so i changed the pump (what a bitch) i must not have it in there right and it wont pump either.

ive decided to just scrap the whole mech pump and put an electric pump on the frame rail up in front of the selector valve and run some metal 3/8" or 5/16" from there and then bubble flare it and add a shrt piece of hose from there to the filter. the pump is only 50 bux from napa and the big block chevy block off plate is only 5 bux. its a lifetime warranty and ill carry a spare. that mech. lift pump install is a major bitch by yourself without a remote starter. i think the electric pump will be better for keeping the system primed and will be a heluva lot easier to replace if it fails.
Old 08-28-2009, 07:15 PM
Elder User

dyoungen is starting off with a positive reputation.
What type electric pump did you use?
Old 08-29-2009, 02:06 PM
Elder User

Marianna2003 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I think a E8012S will do the job ($68.99@Oreillys). I cut a section out of my interconnect line and put one in series with the mechanical pump. It works great. I use it to save my starter when I need to prime my system. It is the type that GM used on their imitation diesels. AC had one running for 10,000 hours on test. It never did fail, they stopped the test because they were tired of waiting for it to fail.
Old 08-29-2009, 02:28 PM
Elder User

dyoungen is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks, I"ll have to buy one and give it a try.
Old 08-30-2009, 05:12 PM
Junior User

Napa Balkamp Universal Fuel Pump Kit: Part #610-1050

48 bux and change. it says "facet" on the pump.
Old 08-30-2009, 08:10 PM
Junior User

zman1202 is starting off with a positive reputation.
go to a junk yard and pull both the elbow and hard line off cheap easy works
Old 08-31-2009, 10:35 AM
Junior User

unfortunately the trucks at the junk yard have been picked clean and cut to hell.
Old 04-29-2014, 05:09 PM
Senior User

adamkat22 is starting off with a positive reputation.
this is the closest thread i could find to my problem...but i think my hardline b/w the fuel filter and lift pump has a small crack. seems they are hard to find and (as of now) i don't know how to do the flares/bends to make a new one. anyone see a problem with replacing it with some rubber (or someone earlier in this thread mentioned neoprene) fuel line? on the oil cooler it looks like the p.o. just cut the hardlines and then stuck rubber linesover the stubs of hard line. was thinking of doing something like that.
was unclear what the the thing surrounding the current hardline is though (with the small wire coming out of it).
any thoughts?
Old 04-29-2014, 06:54 PM
Diesel Junkie

FORDF250HDXLT has much to be proud ofFORDF250HDXLT has much to be proud ofFORDF250HDXLT has much to be proud ofFORDF250HDXLT has much to be proud ofFORDF250HDXLT has much to be proud ofFORDF250HDXLT has much to be proud ofFORDF250HDXLT has much to be proud ofFORDF250HDXLT has much to be proud ofFORDF250HDXLT has much to be proud of
yeah.just replace this line with fuel hose.that's what most of us do when we convert to electric fuel pumps.just take off the fitting (i forget what it is) and get a hose barb fitting.run some hose,and done for $5 or less.

well,older pic now of log truck,but no matter.simple:
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/at...1&d=1386092630

just route your hose safely down to lift pump and tie it so it can't go anywhere.
♠ Log Truck: '93 F-Super Duty (F450) XLT 1st Gen Navistar 444ci IDI Diesel w/ Intercooled 2nd Gen Banks Sidewinder Turbo, E40D, 5:13, Dually, 16' Dump & Auto Crane ♠
♠ Chip Truck: '93 F250HD XLT 4x4 1st Gen Navistar 444ci IDI Diesel w/ Intercooled 2nd Gen Banks Sidewinder Turbo, E40D, 3.55, Dually, 9' Dump, & Plow ♠

Old 04-30-2014, 02:44 PM
Junior User

Muddy74Ford is starting off with a positive reputation.
www.facebook.com/muddy74ford The_Random_Taco Muddy74Ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by subliminaltrips View Post
unfortunately the trucks at the junk yard have been picked clean and cut to hell.
How many you need, I have 6 right now with good fuel heaters...

"If it ain't broke... you aren't trying hard enough."
Old 04-30-2014, 02:44 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Pre-Power Stroke Diesel (7.3L IDI & 6.9L)

Tags
connections, diesel, f350, ford, fuel, high, lift, line, lines, pressure, pump, steel, threads, trucks, types