2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

These are tough trucks Accident Pics.

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 07:58 PM
crabhab
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
These are tough trucks Accident Pics.

I was driving home from work today US 50 west bound between Ocean City and Salisbury, MD I was going about 65mph. A 1993 Mazda B2200 hit me doing about 85-90. almost turned me around on the road while I was doing 65!! I think his truck is totaled. He had insurance (thank God) I will see how bad mine will be towmorrow at the body shop. The left bed side and rear bumper are toast. I at least want a new bed maybe total the truck if frame is bent. My bed and cap made a small dent and scrapes and scratches on the back of the cab. That tells me it was a hard hit. My truck drives fine. sad I just got it out of the shop a lumber company had hit it with tree chunks while cutting trees on the side of the highway!

I want my superduty back!

My truck.

By crabhab, shot with iPhone at 2009-08-25

His Truck

By crabhab, shot with iPhone at 2009-08-25

Old 08-25-2009, 08:05 PM
Still Smoking
Elder User
Wow his truck is toast. Im suprised thats all that he did to your truck by looking at his pics. But these trucks are tough. Sorry to hear about your luck. Hopefully everything works out for you.

Old 08-25-2009, 08:06 PM
Rikster-7700
Fleet Mechanic
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
wow it looks like your truck is not too bad at all, but it is hard to tell if structural damage may play a part as you stated. Very true a good testament to the build quality of these truck. I know when i rolled my 2003 7700 doing 70 it came out a lot better than i expected (still totalled though!) which is another reason i chose to buy another ford. i love these truck more every day!

Old 08-25-2009, 09:30 PM
bearabledust
New User
His truck is definately gone. Check the body gaps all the way around your truck. Check the bed to cab on both sides, also check the door gaps, even check the front bumper. If any of these are out you might have a diamond in the frame. It doesn't look bad from the picture but it does look like the left side is "up" a little. Also looks like it twisted your tail gate? Definately needs the bed side and tail gate replaced, maybe even the rear sill.

Dayne

Old 08-25-2009, 09:39 PM
Ryan50hrl
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd bet your frame is fine.....i got t-boned on the front end of my 05.....and the frame wasn't tweaked at all.....didn't even bend the control arms, they replaced the knuckle and didn't even have to align it.

Old 08-25-2009, 10:00 PM
crabhab
Senior User
Originally Posted by bearabledust
His truck is definately gone. Check the body gaps all the way around your truck. Check the bed to cab on both sides, also check the door gaps, even check the front bumper. If any of these are out you might have a diamond in the frame. It doesn't look bad from the picture but it does look like the left side is "up" a little. Also looks like it twisted your tail gate? Definately needs the bed side and tail gate replaced, maybe even the rear sill.

Dayne
I think that the bed is tweaked. The gap between the bed and cab is different from the left and right side. I am worried about the rear axle and trailer hitch. I pull a 5500 pound travel trailer all over and need to know that the axle is ok. I do not want to find out that the trailer hitch was tweaked while towing my travel trailer.

Thanks for all of the advice I appreciate it.

Old 08-25-2009, 10:01 PM
Ryan50hrl
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
There shouldn't be anything with the axle if it didn't hit anything hard......the trailer hitch should get replaced if it was hit...

Old 08-25-2009, 11:11 PM
FTE Trigger
Postmaster
I agree with Ryan on the frame...

Our frame can take a heck of a beating before calling it toast...
Gotta love the "boxed" frame!

Old 08-26-2009, 12:50 PM
ALLDATAdiy INFO
Former Vendor
Did the floor of the bed buckle at all? By the looks of the other truck he hit your bumper hard. Might need some pull time on that frame. Make sure the Insurance company pays to measure it on a rack.

Old 08-26-2009, 04:28 PM
silver05fx4
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you should worry about the tow hitch, since it part of the bumper support it would all be replace with new

i bet the bed might be a little out of square but it is still very fixable

also ford frames are the stronges ask anyone who works in a body shop

Old 08-27-2009, 06:52 PM
fordtruckman
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That makes me cringe to see that. Although I would cringe worse if I owned the Mazda.

Old 08-27-2009, 07:37 PM
efx4
Laughing Gas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Last year, my wife was driving my truck when someone in a Chrysler LHS blew a stop sign and plowed into the front drivers side of the LHS. There was fluid and body panels in the intersection from the car with it's front end pushed over. My truck had a bent front bumper, cracked grill surround, bumper filler, and tweaked frame end. It was still driveable. I drove it untill I got the insurance check from the other people's insurance company, and fixed it at work (I work at a body shop). Having an FX4, my bumpers were body colored, but I replaced the front and rear bumpers with chrome ones. These trucks can take a hit, but they are not indestructable. I hope all works out with your truck, and let us all know the results of the damage estimate.

Old 08-31-2009, 02:15 PM
crabhab
Senior User
Still no resolution from the OP insurance company (farmers). They are trying to get in touch with the policy holder/vehicle owner. This is starting to become a real problem. i got hit last Tues and keep calling the driver (owners son) and am getting no where. Damn this is irritating~!(&*^(&*^%^

Old 08-31-2009, 02:43 PM
fire240
FTE Legend
Received 245 Likes on 237 Posts
It sucks that the insurance cant reach him. My 01 was totaled in a 50 mph wreck on the baltimore beltway a few yrs ago. The car ended up being spun around to the inner loop after making an illeagal u-turn andd pulling out in front of me. Insurance totaled it. Messed the whole drivers side front of the truck up. The truck was still drivable.

Old 09-02-2009, 04:07 PM
crabhab
Senior User
I finally got my truck into the body shop today. I have a rental Pontiac G6 4cyl. Only has 1000 miles on it. I noticed today with the adjuster and the body shop owner my trailer hitch is all bent to hell gonna get a new hitch. Actually the trailer hitch support that attached to the bumper is all bent up.

Quick Reply: These are tough trucks Accident Pics.