1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

51' build update

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 02:46 PM
bigblockfordman
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
51' build update

Hi all......been a while since I've had a chance to be on the forum, just wanted to give everyone a "quick" up-date.....As some know, we relocated to beautifull, sunny Co. Springs, Co. from northern Minnesota, the first part of July....the move went well and the f-1 (well all of its parts, as it's completely tore down to the frame) made it just fine...in fact the very first 2 items to go into the ol' u-haul, were the cab and frame!!...
my wife thought I was nuts!...I simply told her...."prioritys hunny"!!!) lol
I would have left furniture behind, to make sure the effie made it!!....Now how's that for "dedication" to our hobby?....o.k., o.k., "sickness"...........
Anyhow, she's all tucked in nicely at our new place, waiting my return at the end of the year, from my construction job that I had to return to in Mn. I did'nt want to come back, but the way the economy and job market have been, we decided it would be better for the short term for me to keep working and get a head start on our return back to Co. The only parts that we had to leave behind, were the front fenders, as we ran out of room!!.....it's o.k. though, they keep me company as I see them everyday and help to remind me that the rest is awaiting my return. (the fenders, along with a 9" rear I just scored on will be returning w/me!
So, were in a temp. holding pattern, till the end of the year, at which time I will be digging back into our project!!
Gotta keep the faith!!
later all, Doug

Old 08-23-2009, 06:12 PM
56panelford
FTE Legend
Received 4,132 Likes on 2,656 Posts
Glad to hear your move went well but sorry your sitting so far from your project but it's important to to have the means to put bread and butter on the table. These old trucks sit around for years before someone gets the notion to fix them up 5 or 6 more months won't hurt them,lol

Old 08-23-2009, 08:01 PM
Julies Cool F1
Post Fiend
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Good to hear from you Doug!

Eventhough you are now living in a balmy state compared to Northern Minnestoa, you will probably still have som ewinter weather to cope with - so you can come by and visit more often.

Old 08-24-2009, 09:24 AM
HD74
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wecome to Colorado, I've been here 10 years now and still loven it.

Old 08-24-2009, 11:10 AM
firstrider
Logistics Pro

Received 119 Likes on 57 Posts
heater part

Doug . do you still need the fresh air heater duct with the door in it ? Every time I spy it in the shop I think of your request .Denny