Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > California, Southern Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

California, Southern Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: wpnaes

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-20-2014, 01:47 PM
2 bit Californian

bpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputation
bill.pounds.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringerPop View Post
Bill,is there some kind of prohibition on using ELC in the Six-OH's?

Pop
No, a lot of guys use it. Just not me.

2006 F250 XLT SCLB FX4 4x4 6.0L Auto,Magnaflow Turbo Back (w/CAT),Edge Insight CS,Blue Spring,RhinoLiner,Retrax Cover,Cab Lights Retro-fit,Overhead Console Retro-fit,Bilsteins,Harpooned,C-Betrs,Fumoto,'08 Diff Cover,Upfitters Retro-fit,Coolant Filter,Custom Man Steps,Keystone 2011 Cougar 278RKSWE,2012 Fusion SE
Old 07-20-2014, 03:54 PM
Postmaster

william_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputation
Truck looks awesome, Anthony. Still won't smile for a picture though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpounds View Post

Today I'm in the middle of a coolant change. Very important on a 6.0. I've settled on fresh coolant every 2 years, and a coolant filter element every 1 year.
You doin the all day flush affair, Bill?
Old 07-20-2014, 05:52 PM
2 bit Californian

bpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputation
bill.pounds.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by william_04_x View Post

You doin the all day flush affair, Bill?
Not doing the acid. Just 20 gals of distilled water. I'm using Zerex G05.
Old 08-13-2014, 12:18 AM
Excursion's 4ever!

Excursion Gary has a good reputation on FTE.Excursion Gary has a good reputation on FTE.
Last year was the rebuild of the 7.3L, tranny and driveline. This year its the interior, suspensions and misc items. When done its off to the paint shop. Steve always enjoyed watching me spend money on my Excursion, I am sure he's laughing at me from above...with a kind word and thumbs up, I miss him and his not being here to post with us all.

New airbags with in-cab controls

New traction bars and Hellwig rear sway control bar. The 2001
did not come with rear sway control bar.

New Red Head Gear Box

Interior renovation underway

New 8-piston front calipers. Should improve front braking!

Testing the addition of a front steering stabilizer. 2wd was always shaky
on any type of rough surface. If this works then I'll weld up a permanent bracket.
01 Ex., 7.3L, Crwr Rods, Mell-LPOP, SRP1.1 HPOP, FFD 238/100 Inj, 6.0 Bnks IC, CFM+ IM, 38R-w/ WWII, ceram coated exh mans-up pipes-turbo exh and down pipe, DP-Infinity, SpringerPops Oil Bypass System, ISSPRO Gauge Cluster, JW SP Trans, 6.0 Trans Cooler, AR-AIS, and ...(out of room)
Old 08-27-2014, 08:54 PM
Junior User

bens170 is starting off with a positive reputation.
2006 Ford F-350 w/2003 Lance 1161 TC w/no sagging leafs

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by bens170; 08-27-2014 at 09:15 PM. Reason: forgot to add information
Old 08-27-2014, 09:24 PM
Junior User

Above photos of Ford F-350 & TC

The photos of the truck and camper. After having the truck camper installed in the 8 ft bed. The OEM Ford camper package was not capable of handling a dry weight 3919 Lb Truck Camper (TC). Talk about sagging rear leaf springs.
E & C Springs in Escondido, CA removed, reshaped & added an additional pack of rear leaf springs. A 6 hour job, and well worth it. No more sagging rear leaf springs.
Ben
Old 08-27-2014, 10:14 PM
Postmaster

william_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excursion Gary View Post
Last year was the rebuild of the 7.3L, tranny and driveline. This year its the interior, suspensions and misc items. When done its off to the paint shop. Steve always enjoyed watching me spend money on my Excursion, I am sure he's laughing at me from above...with a kind word and thumbs up, I miss him and his not being here to post with us all.

New airbags with in-cab controls

New traction bars and Hellwig rear sway control bar. The 2001
did not come with rear sway control bar.

New Red Head Gear Box

Interior renovation underway

New 8-piston front calipers. Should improve front braking!

Testing the addition of a front steering stabilizer. 2wd was always shaky
on any type of rough surface. If this works then I'll weld up a permanent bracket.
Gary, can I ask where you got the traction bars? I like their simplicity, and how high they are, being almost all above the bottom of frame/running boards. I was going to make the same, but just haven't had the time.
Old 08-28-2014, 06:32 PM
2 bit Californian

bill.pounds.1
Bad day for me yesterday. Threw the tread off a rear tire at about 65MPH. Trashed the side of my bed pretty bad. Going to see the estimator tomorrow.

2006 F250 XLT SCLB FX4 4x4 6.0L Auto,Magnaflow Turbo Back (w/CAT),Edge Insight CS,Blue Spring,RhinoLiner,Retrax Cover,Cab Lights Retro-fit,Overhead Console Retro-fit,Bilsteins,Harpooned,C-Betrs,Fumoto,'08 Diff Cover,Upfitters Retro-fit,Coolant Filter,Custom Man Steps,Keystone 2011 Cougar 278RKSWE,2012 Fusion SE
Old 08-28-2014, 07:43 PM
FTE SoCal Chapter LDR

wpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputation
Yikes Bill!

Join the So Cal chapter here
Be Like Steve
Old 08-28-2014, 07:54 PM
Junior User

bpounds,
Contact the dealer, the manufacturer and the NHTSA about the tire. Tires are not cheap. Look what happened to Firestone/Bridgestone & Continental tire companies a
few years ag.
Ben
Old 08-28-2014, 08:10 PM
Postmaster

That stinks, Bill. I've had the same thing happen. WHAP, WHAP, WHAP, and the damage is done. Hopefully its something they'll take care of quickly. I imagine you don't even like looking at it.
Old 09-14-2014, 10:21 AM
FTE SoCal Chapter LDR

wpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputation
Just an oil change on the V10. Re-tightened the Jeezuz bar.
Attached Images

Join the So Cal chapter here
Be Like Steve
Old 09-18-2014, 05:19 PM
New User

VNunez532 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Question

I have a 94 F150 xlt 5.0 and i am looking for some parts for it any suggestions on where to locate them is welcome.

This is NOT my truck Got picture from: http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/attac...221_173144.jpg I am looking for the center consol mine is ugly right now

This is NOT my truck Got picture from: http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/p...l/IMAG0104.jpg I have a negative/toe out camber when i back up when i go forward there is no problem

Got picture from: https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=...11160932846626 I need a pump and hanger for the rear steel 19 gallon gas tank
Old 09-18-2014, 05:23 PM
Post Fiend

ChaseTruck754 has a great reputation on FTE.ChaseTruck754 has a great reputation on FTE.ChaseTruck754 has a great reputation on FTE.ChaseTruck754 has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VNunez532 View Post
I have a negative/toe out camber when i back up when i go forward there is no problem
Can't help you with the parts, but with the above - this is due to the I-beam suspension on the truck. It is "normal" for these trucks when backed up.
long bed & 1974 Ford F100 Supercab - 2wds
1974 Ford F250 4x4 Crew cab
thread in "motor swap" forum
1989 Ford Ranger= Never gonna be done...
1972 Alfa Romeo GTV & 1999 Toyota Tacoma 4wd = DD
Old 09-18-2014, 06:28 PM
Postmaster

Pitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpounds View Post
Bad day for me yesterday. Threw the tread off a rear tire at about 65MPH. Trashed the side of my bed pretty bad. Going to see the estimator tomorrow.

Bill, how many miles did you have on those tires? I just bought the same kind for my truck about 3 months and have the same on my X also with about 25k on them. I had that same thing happen to me back in 05 with the Bridgestone Steeltex tires. Tore the whole side of my bed up. Since then I will not buy firestone or Bridgestone tires, hope I dont have to do that with BFG's.
PAA#128 / Rob-(02 F350 Crewcab 4x4 Longbed 7.3L) Banks Power Pack System w/tri-pilar gauges, Banks Power Elbow, Banks Turbo Back Exhaust, Banks Intercooler, Banks 1.0 housing, Banks WW Zoo-dad, HPx, FRx, CCV, AFE 6637, Hutch & Harpoon w/Dieselsite Fuel Filter, Trans, Oil, Coolant Bypass Filter, Billet Stat Housing, OCR, 6.0 Cooler,DP-Tuned Wifes-(02 Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L) Banks Power Elbow, Banks Turbo Back Exhaust, Banks 6 Gun Programmer, Zoo-dad, HPx, FRx, CCV, AFE 6637, Hutch & Harpoon w/dieselsite Fuel Filter, Trans, Oil, Coolant Bypass Filter, Billet Stat Housing, 6.0 Cooler
Old 09-18-2014, 06:28 PM