Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > California, Southern Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

California, Southern Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: wpnaes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-29-2009, 01:39 PM
Post Fiend

BradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serg450 View Post
Thinking about selling it and my Harley and getting a PSD only not DRW this time.
the PSD sounds good but why the harley too? is it worth enough money to be worth it?
Old 09-29-2009, 05:05 PM
Posting Guru

Serg450 has a very good reputation on FTE.Serg450 has a very good reputation on FTE.Serg450 has a very good reputation on FTE.
I am selling both so I can just buy cash. Don't want payments.

Serg. SoCal

2000 F-350 LARIAT CC 4X4 V-10
2008 Wrangler Unlimited X 4X4
Old 09-29-2009, 05:38 PM
2 bit Californian

bpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputation
bill.pounds.1
Serg, before you buy, check out the specs on the new 6.7L diesel. They will be available in early 2010. Over 700 ft/lbs of torque!!!

2006 F250 XLT SCLB FX4 4x4 6.0L Auto,Magnaflow Turbo Back (w/CAT),Edge Insight CS,Blue Spring,RhinoLiner,Retrax Cover,Cab Lights Retro-fit,Overhead Console Retro-fit,Bilsteins,Harpooned,C-Betrs,Fumoto,'08 Diff Cover,Upfitters Retro-fit,Coolant Filter,Custom Man Steps,Keystone 2011 Cougar 278RKSWE,2012 Fusion SE
Old 09-30-2009, 09:36 AM
Posting Guru

Serg450 has a very good reputation on FTE.Serg450 has a very good reputation on FTE.Serg450 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpounds View Post
Serg, before you buy, check out the specs on the new 6.7L diesel. They will be available in early 2010. Over 700 ft/lbs of torque!!!
Thanks for the tip Bill. They just keep adding power to these trucks. You could never have enough power.

Serg. SoCal

2000 F-350 LARIAT CC 4X4 V-10
2008 Wrangler Unlimited X 4X4
Old 09-30-2009, 03:08 PM
New User

PacificOcean is starting off with a positive reputation.
This may sound funny, but I'm taking my Ford to autozone to have them hook up their check engine diagnostic. I'm hoping it's just some 02 sensor that I can ignore. I've disconnected the lead from the battery a few times already to reset it, and the light comes back on after around 100 miles or so.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:18 PM
Admin Emeritus

SteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputation
Good idea - if it keeps setting a hard code there's probably something going on.
Join our Chapter *HERE*
9/21/54 - 9/25/09
Old 09-30-2009, 05:15 PM
<--Miss You Big Fella

bryyce62 is a splendid one to beholdbryyce62 is a splendid one to beholdbryyce62 is a splendid one to beholdbryyce62 is a splendid one to beholdbryyce62 is a splendid one to beholdbryyce62 is a splendid one to beholdbryyce62 is a splendid one to behold
Not really doing anything else to the SD except the wife bought something to put on the trailer hitch...

Avalon | Coleman Trailers

I'll need somebody to haul my boat to wherever we go camping from now on, but I could have worse problems.
Old 09-30-2009, 05:34 PM
Admin Emeritus

SteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputation
All problems should be so bad!!!
Join our Chapter *HERE*
9/21/54 - 9/25/09
Old 10-01-2009, 12:51 PM
Post Fiend

BradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryyce62 View Post
Not really doing anything else to the SD except the wife bought something to put on the trailer hitch...

Avalon | Coleman Trailers

I'll need somebody to haul my boat to wherever we go camping from now on, but I could have worse problems.
but the boat in the bed or on top of the trailer....
Old 10-01-2009, 01:50 PM
2 bit Californian

bpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputation
bill.pounds.1
Or tandem tow.

My first thought on this was, how embarrassed the Superduty will be with such a light load.

My truck has been laughed at for the same reason.

2006 F250 XLT SCLB FX4 4x4 6.0L Auto,Magnaflow Turbo Back (w/CAT),Edge Insight CS,Blue Spring,RhinoLiner,Retrax Cover,Cab Lights Retro-fit,Overhead Console Retro-fit,Bilsteins,Harpooned,C-Betrs,Fumoto,'08 Diff Cover,Upfitters Retro-fit,Coolant Filter,Custom Man Steps,Keystone 2011 Cougar 278RKSWE,2012 Fusion SE
Old 10-01-2009, 02:51 PM
Jäger

Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.
My Family really loves our Warrior, but I miss our old pop-up trailer sometimes. I could get it back into some nice areas where nobody else would camp or bother us. We had some great camping trips with that trailer.

It pulled real nice behind my '94 Bronco but it did look a bit.... funny, I guess... behind the Super Duty. I didn't care though because we were going camping!
'05 F250 Lariat CCSB 4X4 6.0 - Sold

Rest In Peace, Steve P. You are missed.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:56 PM
Post Fiend

thats how i feel sometimes with our little harbor freight utility trailer behind my truck...
Old 10-01-2009, 04:51 PM
<--Miss You Big Fella

bryyce62 is a splendid one to beholdbryyce62 is a splendid one to beholdbryyce62 is a splendid one to beholdbryyce62 is a splendid one to beholdbryyce62 is a splendid one to beholdbryyce62 is a splendid one to beholdbryyce62 is a splendid one to behold
That pop up is the biggest FD Fleetwood (now Coleman) makes. Tandem axle, 30 ft long when fully open. The whole unit, including the truck, is 45' long going down the road. It may not be 5 tons but I sure won't be pulling into any 7-11 parking lots with it.
Tandem tow? no thanks. I'm sure that with the right motivation, I could get any number of folks to pull the boat up to the lake for me. Might even let a Dodge buddy help out.
My SD is like an old dog...It's just happy to be out with a leash attached.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:29 PM
Post Fiend

Bill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputation
What am I doing to my truck? I almost have the frame back to being a roller... bolted the rearend back in last night. will be working on the front spindels and disc's this weekend. hope to paint the underside of the cab and firewall area next weekend.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:19 PM
Senior User

Frodo79 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I haven't done anything. Im looking to by a ranger for the up coming desert season. My old girl just can't handle the drive.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:19 PM