Theft System Problem Ranger Woln't Start!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 12:06 PM
Shefferz
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Theft System Problem Ranger Woln't Start!

Situation: 99 Ford Ranger XLT 2wd 3.0 V6

Problem: SeccuriLock/PATS anti theft system is engaged and Can’t start vehicle.

Pats Info: Ford PATS

I was installing an amp for a subwoofer yesterday. I needed to get 12v for the remote on the AMP (For those who don’t know I just need 12v to act as an on/off switch for my amp, so It’s not getting power once the vehicle is off). I chose to splice into a while on the back of the factory radio which gives 12v with the ignition switch. It was perfect because my amp would turn on/off with the ignition. I unplugged the radio from its harness and spliced the wire and ran it to the amp.

After I hooked up the amp and the subwoofer everything worked fine. Radio/lights.. the whole 9 yards. But when I went to leave the garage , the car would turn over and want to start, but would’t catch. I know it’s a problem with the PATS Securilock system because the “Theft” light its blinking rapidly. I know all about the chip in the key and the PATS module. Sooo…

I went to a locksmith today and they came out to the car because they said when you unplugged the radio it gets the PATS system out of SYNC with each other. So they made a new key and ran some other test with their scan tool and the car will still not run. He said there is no problem between the ignition (where the key inserts) and the module but maybe from the module to the PCM? I have a feeling the system just needs to be disengaged, but I can’t find any information at all. Anyone have anything?

So since the PATS theft system is engaged, how do you disengage it.. I really don’t want to take it to the DEALER.