New Mexico Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

New member with a 56 F100 project

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 11:44 AM
Rarerat
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New member with a 56 F100 project

Hello all, my name is Nick and I bought a pair of 56 F100 a month or so ago. They were left as junk many years ago and I am hoping to return the both to the street in the future with a street rod theme. I have already started on the White truck and so far have added a 72 Camaro front clip, rear end and have set up the motor mounts for a SBC.(sorry Ford guys ) I look forward to learning as much as I can from all of you and hope to see all of your project trucks.

Old 08-18-2009, 03:53 PM
KRDiesel
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Where are you located, I would love to see the trucks!

Old 08-18-2009, 04:18 PM
F0rdFre@K
Laughing Gas
Why?

Why ruin 2 perfectly good trucks? Just pass on them and let someone who'll return them to their glory have em. Don't ruin em with chebby crap.

If you want a chebby... buy a chebby... leave us old fords alone...

BTW: welcome to the "FORD" site...

Old 08-18-2009, 04:23 PM
F0rdFre@K
Laughing Gas
You know... This really just rubs me the wrong way. I have direct access to be a 2nd owner of a 47 Chevy truck. I had received a family owned 59 Chevy Impala. Both could have been replaced with Ford Power. But, I would NEVER do that. This is just one of those things that just **** me off.

If I offended you. I'm really not that sorry. But, will offer an apology for the sake of trying to keep peace. Have fun building them. Just don't call them "Ford Trucks" anymore.

Old 08-18-2009, 05:05 PM
Rarerat
Junior User
Originally Posted by KRDiesel
Where are you located, I would love to see the trucks!
Rio Rancho

Here are a couple of pics of the pair where I originally found them.

And the White truck after starting the Camaro clip & rearend swap

Last edited by Rarerat; 08-18-2009 at 06:01 PM. Reason: added pics
Old 08-18-2009, 05:21 PM
Rarerat
Junior User
Originally Posted by F0rdFre@K
Why?

Why ruin 2 perfectly good trucks? Just pass on them and let someone who'll return them to their glory have em. Don't ruin em with chebby crap.

If you want a chebby... buy a chebby... leave us old fords alone...

BTW: welcome to the "FORD" site...
You know... This really just rubs me the wrong way. I have direct access to be a 2nd owner of a 47 Chevy truck. I had received a family owned 59 Chevy Impala. Both could have been replaced with Ford Power. But, I would NEVER do that. This is just one of those things that just **** me off.

If I offended you. I'm really not that sorry. But, will offer an apology for the sake of trying to keep peace. Have fun building them. Just don't call them "Ford Trucks" anymore.
Thanks for the warm welcome there Fordfre@k. I am sorry you don't approve of my build but truthfully, I could care less. Sounds like you would have rather I just let them be scrapped as that is where they were headed had I not bought the pair. You might want to work on your people skills a bit.

Old 08-19-2009, 10:30 AM
F0rdFre@K
Laughing Gas
Like you, I could care less about my people skills. I'd rather keep the Fords with Ford power and the Chevys with Chevy power. And no, I wouldn't scrap them. If I had found them, I may have rescued them myself.

Old 08-19-2009, 10:42 AM
powrstrkr
Fleet Mechanic
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
HI there Nick and welcome. You should have expected some outrage about your project. Most diehard Ford folks like me hate GM products but I respect those who mod any kind of vehicle. Most of what I see out there I would never do myself but the gearhead culture must survive all this envirocommiegreen crap so whatever we can do to keep it alive is OK by me. Did you ever think of at least using Mustang parts and a 302 or 351 in those trucks?

Good luck on those and post pics when you can.

Want a tip? Put 1 ton axles in them and buy my F250 Alcoa rims!

Old 08-19-2009, 03:25 PM
Rarerat
Junior User
Like you, I could care less about my people skills. I'd rather keep the Fords with Ford power and the Chevys with Chevy power. And no, I wouldn't scrap them. If I had found them, I may have rescued them myself.
Well that is what makes the country great we are all different. you can come rescue the green 56 before I hack it up by putting another Chevy drivetrain in it I am just teasing you fordfre@k, No hard feelings.

Nick

Originally Posted by powrstrkr
HI there Nick and welcome. You should have expected some outrage about your project. Most diehard Ford folks like me hate GM products but I respect those who mod any kind of vehicle. Most of what I see out there I would never do myself but the gearhead culture must survive all this envirocommiegreen crap so whatever we can do to keep it alive is OK by me. Did you ever think of at least using Mustang parts and a 302 or 351 in those trucks?

Good luck on those and post pics when you can.

Want a tip? Put 1 ton axles in them and buy my F250 Alcoa rims!
Thanks Powerstrkr. I was a little shocked at the outrage of my project. it is funny people automaticly assume I am against fords for going the SBC route in this old truck. Nothing could be father from the truth, I am old enough to be past all the childish petty ford vrs chevy, my dog is better than your dog BS. I currently own and enjoy Ford, Chevy, & Dodge cars & trucks. Next thing guys will be mad at me because I towed it home behind my Dodge Dually.

The main reason for going with Camaro clip, rearend, and drivetrain is I already had the parts it laying around and it has cost me nothing more than my time and a little Mig welding wire to basicly put this truck in the weeds, add disc brakes, quick ratio power steering, sway bar etc..

The White truck is now already set up with Chevy parts and it did turn out really nice so whats done is done there. Maybe when the time comes for the green truck I will have enough Blue Oval parts laying around to stay all ford with it.

I didnt come here to fight with people, I came because I also like street rodded trucks, weather they be ford or chevy or what ever and hoped to learn a few things and maybe help others also.

"Want a tip? Put 1 ton axles in them and buy my F250 Alcoa rims!"

I just pulled 8 lug axles out of the White truck. It was really a F250, but shhhh dont tell anyone.

"Can't we all just get along?" said in my best rodney king voice.

Old 08-19-2009, 04:54 PM
F0rdFre@K
Laughing Gas
I'm not doing the Ford vs. Chevy argument. Just hate seeing Fords ruined with Chevy engines. And vise versa.

Green one does look to be in descent shape. What's it got/not got? (I know... bad verbage... just looked cooler... )

PS... No hard feelings taken. To each their own. Doesn't mean I have to like it or agree with it.

Oh yeah... Need better 1 ton axles... I've got a FORD HP D60/Sterling 10.25 rear for sale.

Old 08-19-2009, 08:21 PM
Rarerat
Junior User
F0rdfre@k,

The Green truck is a little ruffer than the White one. All 4 fenders are beat pretty good ,but the cab is not to bad. The rearend was gone and it was missing the driver side front spring and I think much of the damage was caused by former owners dragging it around on the ground to move it.

It does still have the original motor & trans in it, but I haven't tried to turn it over, Today I had some time so I bolted the old 8 lug rearend that came out of my White 56 in it and the driver side front spring so I could get it rolling to unload the truck.

Along with the spring & rear axle, the truck was missing the steering column & box, all the glass, and interior. I do have my original column & box from the white truck I can use for it but honestly, if I build it it will get the street rod treatment also so 99% of the original parts wont be needed any way.

Old 08-20-2009, 11:13 AM
F0rdFre@K
Laughing Gas
Yeah, I'd build it as a street rod as well. I'm not about keeping things "stock" at all.

Old 08-21-2009, 01:04 PM
KRDiesel
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks like a fun project.

Old 08-22-2009, 10:36 PM
Rarerat
Junior User
Thanks guys

Old 09-28-2009, 05:14 PM
F0rdFre@K
Laughing Gas
Now, why would you tow those beautiful trucks with that piece of crap Dodge? Damn man!!!

LOL!!! Just messin. I'm bored. Wanted to know if there has been any progress to these beautiful trucks?

Quick Reply: New member with a 56 F100 project