Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Turbo mounting bolts

Old 08-16-2009, 04:17 PM
truckeemtnfords
Cargo Master
Received 176 Likes on 125 Posts
Turbo mounting bolts

Hey folks,
I noticed I have exhaust soot at the turbo pedestal where it connects to the exhaust turbine housing from the top two bolt bosses (holes). It appears there are four(4) bolts that are supposed to hold the housing to the pedestal but I can only see two at the bottom. I have done some research on here and from some pictures it looks as if there should be two twelve point bolts in the top two holes of the pedestal into the exhaust housing, is that correct? Because I dont have them or they are recessed, but that don't seem right. If anybody has pictures or can guide me to a site that has an accurate schematic so I can determine what I need before this things comes off and eats my turbo it would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Old 08-16-2009, 05:10 PM
Nick 99
More Turbo
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Check out my thread on this very same subject!
Nick
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/8...s-missing.html

Old 08-16-2009, 05:26 PM
truckeemtnfords
Cargo Master
Received 176 Likes on 125 Posts
Nick,
Thanks for the link to your previous post. I don't know why it did not show up on the search I did, I guess I'm just stupid sometimes. Quick question, are the top bolt heads exposed for a twelve point wrench or socket and plainly visible (when there)?

It has great info and I need to talk with Clay on some items anyway so I'll find out about getting some or all the stuff from him.

Thanks for the quick response.

Old 08-16-2009, 06:39 PM
Nick 99
More Turbo
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I used a twelve point box end wrench with a "helper" to get to 40ftpounds of torque.
Nick

Old 08-16-2009, 07:50 PM
Riffraff Diesel
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by truckeemtnfords
Nick,
Thanks for the link to your previous post. I don't know why it did not show up on the search I did, I guess I'm just stupid sometimes. Quick question, are the top bolt heads exposed for a twelve point wrench or socket and plainly visible (when there)?

It has great info and I need to talk with Clay on some items anyway so I'll find out about getting some or all the stuff from him.

Thanks for the quick response.
Give me a call and I will see what I can do for you...

Search this Thread