Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-12-2009, 07:12 PM
Super Moderator

monsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputation
I love small towns.

So from what I have heard iowa lawmakers listened to the garbage lobbyist and put in a law saying restaurants and stories with friers MUST have a waste oil pickup container. At first this hurt me since the place I that I was getting my oil is part of a bigger company that contracted with someone to put them at all the stores. But low and behold they have only picked it up once in almost 2yrs. So the lady that actually runs the deli in this truck stop just sets the container with the used oil into my truck for me while I am at work (I park the semi at this truck stop so my pickup sits in the parking lot when I am driving) She does this cause she knows me, and knows I watch out for her dad that lives across the street from me, plus my wife gives her dad the old donuts from the store she works at to feed the squirels (like I said small town LOL)

Ok so thats not the story though, the guy that used to run the local DQ has let his franchise go and is leasing the building to a young gal who is making a go at it in a similar type business icecream shop with food. So she has a 55 gal drum that she puts the oil in and it got full (doesn't have to be registered or anything just something other then the jugs it comes in IDK why) So the building owner starts calling around to find out about waste oil pickup and being small town my name pops up several times and finally someone gives him my cell number. So I agree to pick it up, and provided her with a new 55 gal drum to put the oil in and she starts wanting to know how much she owes me... I tell her nothing of coarse and she gives me an ice cream cone and tells me to stop by whenever for one. Seems as soon as they got the law passed these recycling companies instantly started charging something like 25 cents/lb for pickup. So of coarse my just picking it up for free is really appreciated.
Bums that push laws then jack prices. they should have put into the law that it was mandatory that they picked it up for the oil not for any charges.

Oh and this gal even strains it before putting it into the barrel.

The one that says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one that is doing it
Old 08-13-2009, 08:11 AM
Postmaster

SkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant future
Nice. Good work being able to get your name to come up like that. Some of my sources have passed out my number to new places over the years - its nice to know they LIKE what we do and being 'small town', encourage everyone to 'keep it local'!
Old 08-13-2009, 10:59 AM
Postmaster

juneau76 has much to be proud ofjuneau76 has much to be proud ofjuneau76 has much to be proud ofjuneau76 has much to be proud ofjuneau76 has much to be proud ofjuneau76 has much to be proud ofjuneau76 has much to be proud ofjuneau76 has much to be proud ofjuneau76 has much to be proud of
That's a pretty cool story. You have to pay for recycling of everyday items (paper, plastic, cardboard, etc), so it makes sense to me that there is a fee associated with it. I think it sucks because you pay them and then they turn around and sell it, but whatever. This is our world now.

Quote:
You haven't lived life until you've done 110mph in a Yugo
Old 08-18-2009, 06:55 AM
Senior User

kirkharrod has a good reputation on FTE.kirkharrod has a good reputation on FTE.
Cool, but always keep working on sources. Eventually, the grease mafia will stop by there and try to talk (scare) her into a grease barrel. I have lost several great sources of oil in the last year, even places that I thought were "friends".

If the restaurant gives me oil, I frequent the place! I think the restaurants I have lost are starting to realize that I brought them more business (family, friends, birthdays, holidays, etc.) than the pennies they are getting for their oil from the grease mafia.
2002 F-250 Super Cab, 295,000 miles, 95,000 on WVO; Greasecar conversion, 20 plate heat exchanger, AIH delete-water injection in its place, DIY stock fuel bowl delete, 6637 air filter w/ Pete's cover, Straight Piped, GPR LED mod, CAT ELC, 203* thermostat, Bosch auxiliary coolant pump, ext coolant filter, fumoto oil drain valve, Aeroforce Interceptor scan gauge, ISSPro trans temp, boost, EGT, elec fuel pressure gauges, Cyberdyne coolant, veg oil, ambient air temp gauges, 80W low beams/100W high beams. No major grease related problems.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:24 PM
Posting Guru

AndysFords is starting off with a positive reputation.
Several of mine have been scared into a barrel, one local guy that I know real well had the health department stop by and tell him he HAD to pay the company to put a barrel in, but he argued with him and called his supervisor, the supervisor said there was no such requirement. He knew, but most people who are told this are scared into a container. I have considered incorporating my own company, but thats a lot of work. Someone I know at the local college where they make bio consulted into some laws and found that in Alabama, even if the container belongs to the company, the oil belongs to the restaraunt until it is in the companies truck, since the restaraunt bought the original oil. I have several that allow me to pump the grease companies container since they don't come often enough and the container stays full.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:24 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels