6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Anyone have vacuum hose diagram?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 01:32 PM
barnbridge
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone have vacuum hose diagram?

While installing my EGR blockoff plate I must have disconnected a vacuum hose. The gray hose comes from around the top of the heater blower near the pass side firewall now and is hanging near the vacuum reservoir. It has full vacuum. Also, my AC blows out of the defroster for about 30 seconds then it's normal. If you might know where this hose connects to or can direct me to a vacuum diagram I'd be thankful.

Old 08-11-2009, 03:35 PM
npccpartsman
Hotshot

Received 68 Likes on 42 Posts
It connects to one of the heater hoses just above the passenger side valve cover very close to the oil fill tube. I think it controls the hot coolant. There's a small black device mounted inline and it connects to the center of a small diaphragm.

Old 08-12-2009, 09:38 AM
barnbridge
Elder User
Thanks, that did the trick!

Old 08-18-2009, 01:33 PM
mark6x43
Freshman User
Do you happen to have a picture of where the grey vacuum hose connects? I believe I have the same vacuum line just dangling free, and I have a hunch someone removed this heater hose valve from my truck before I bought it. The heater hose that runs above the passenger side valve cover has a simple connecting adapter where I think this valve might have once been. If so, what are the ramifications for not running one of these valves? Will I be okay just plugging the end of the grey vacuum hose?

Old 08-18-2009, 02:07 PM
npccpartsman
Hotshot

Originally Posted by mark6x43
Do you happen to have a picture of where the grey vacuum hose connects? I believe I have the same vacuum line just dangling free, and I have a hunch someone removed this heater hose valve from my truck before I bought it. The heater hose that runs above the passenger side valve cover has a simple connecting adapter where I think this valve might have once been. If so, what are the ramifications for not running one of these valves? Will I be okay just plugging the end of the grey vacuum hose?
That's a good question(s). I think by NOT running the valve you'll have hot coolant running inside the heater core all the time which might affect the cooling capacity of the a/c during the summer months. I am purely speculating here. I'm sure it won't hurt anything to simply plug the vacuum hose. It might actually make the rest of your vacuum operated accy's operate correctly, especially if you have ESOF 4X4. I know it will allow the rest of your climate control system to operate correctly, i.e. the airbox, etc.

Old 08-18-2009, 09:08 PM
barnbridge
Elder User
Originally Posted by npccpartsman
That's a good question(s). I think by NOT running the valve you'll have hot coolant running inside the heater core all the time which might affect the cooling capacity of the a/c during the summer months. I am purely speculating here. I'm sure it won't hurt anything to simply plug the vacuum hose. It might actually make the rest of your vacuum operated accy's operate correctly, especially if you have ESOF 4X4. I know it will allow the rest of your climate control system to operate correctly, i.e. the airbox, etc.
Before you told me where the gray line went I just plugged it but my AC still blew through the defroster for a little while. One I connected it everything works as it should.

Old 07-29-2014, 06:00 PM
priusklr
4wd Low
So here's the Problem. A poster asks for a Vacuum Hose Diagram. I HAVE CHERCKED THE POSTS AND NOT BEEN ABLE TO FIND IT. Does FORD have one? Does anyone have it and willing to share it? I have a 2000 Excursion and there is NOT a diagram on the engine cavity anywhere! I bought the truck new. It's a simple question. Does anyone have a Vacuum Hose routing diagram. My Lexus is available on-line for free. My boat is available for free on-line. My John-Deer tractor is available for free on-line. GET WITH IT FORD!!!

Old 07-29-2014, 06:09 PM
9228.bobcat
Cargo Master
Jeeze. What way to ask

Old 07-29-2014, 06:19 PM
cheezit
Post Fiend

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Ford has one its in the EVTM book.
Its not fords fault you dont know were to look

Old 07-29-2014, 06:23 PM
9228.bobcat
Cargo Master
Sure it is cheezit. Just like someone putting gas in their diesel tank. Damn Ford. Why couldn't they make it where it burns both.

Old 10-02-2015, 12:29 PM
handyandy123
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ok....so i need more info on the grey wire, because mine disintegrated and my vacuum pump I think stays on and keeps running my alternator hard. the voltage in my system keeps dropping when I put the ac on and it blows out the defroster. obviously my leak is the grey wire that broke apart in my hands, but i see it plugs into a boot of sorts...can i just buy vacuum line? 5/32? and run new from that boot to the vacuum pump? or is a special vacuum line part from ford?

Old 10-02-2015, 03:21 PM
npccpartsman
Hotshot

I just went through this last weekend. This will get you close: The gray line tees off from the motor that runs the air inlet door (6,7,8 in that vacuum diagram for manual controls). If you have auto AC it's a bit different. My gray line had disintegrated. I used some small shrink tubing to repair it but be careful with heating that line as it gets soft very quickly.

Attached Images
File Type: pdf
AC SYSTEM.pdf (1.23 MB, 4113 views)
Old 10-02-2015, 03:33 PM
handyandy123
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thank you!

Old 10-02-2015, 07:29 PM
04badford
Lead Driver
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry no Diagrams, but the grey line goes through the fire wall into a diagram lookin canister , this is under the passenger side dash. Good luck

Old 10-02-2015, 07:52 PM
npccpartsman
Hotshot

Originally Posted by 04badford
Sorry no Diagrams, but the grey line goes through the fire wall into a diagram lookin canister , this is under the passenger side dash. Good luck
I attached a drawing of the diagram, so save it to your computer for later use.

Quick Reply: Anyone have vacuum hose diagram?