Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Need more HPOP pressure

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 03:03 PM
indyF-350psd
you can't fix stupid!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i can read them now if you want me to go see what its running stock. my termy gauge sits right on my steering wheel........

Old 08-12-2009, 03:04 PM
Layson
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by indyF-350psd
heck no it doesnt! i thought i majorly goofed putting it all back together!

on a side note how do you like your fluid damper?
Fluid damper is great... it quieted the motor down a little bit. but otherwise didn't notice any real difference.

Originally Posted by aklim
Mine seemed to take forever to start up when the 2nd HPOP was added. After it ran for a bit, start up was also taking longer. Brian told me that was normal and I would have to drive it to get all the air out. Since "home" was in Branson, MO, he said it would be fine the next morning. It was.
Mine takes about 20 seconds and it starts. It takes a few starts to get that out, each time the duration gets shorter. I bet the second time for me starting was probably a few of seconds of cranking.

Now what was interesting, we installed a modded stocker pump from Terminator and the truck almost instantly started after the install. I had never seen that before..almost no cranking at all. Oh and those pumps are still in testing..

Old 08-12-2009, 03:05 PM
spdmpo
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by indyF-350psd
i can read them now if you want me to go see what its running stock. my termy gauge sits right on my steering wheel........

Mostly I'm interested to know what they were before on the stock hpop and tunes, and with the Adrenaline and tunes. Curious to see what kind of measured improvement there is.

Old 08-12-2009, 03:15 PM
Layson
Posting Guru
You are not going to see a huge improvement, all it means is you will hold 2800 or 3200 psi longer at WOT...(depending on your tuner) you might see a quicker response by the pumps. But I really doubt you will see a huge improvement. For 500 bucks a T1 or a Adrenaline is the way to go.

Heck if you don't like it you can trade someone for a stocker and some cash...

Old 08-13-2009, 08:00 AM
03_PSD
Postmaster
Congrats on the install Bill.

Old 08-13-2009, 08:38 AM
indyF-350psd
you can't fix stupid!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thanks! it wasnt too bad of a job either. easier than expected........

Old 08-13-2009, 09:08 AM
mueckster
Lead Driver
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by mueckster
I am currently looking to upgrade to a Stealth Stage 1 HPOP w/ new IPR. I feel my problem is two fold and changing both is the only solution. I am going call and ask a few questions about it. But, it looks like this is the way I may go. I need something right now. I don't want to do any "crutch" fixes and want to get this problem solved.
Originally Posted by Neal 97 250
I also may go this way as well. The stealth looks like a nice pump.

I spoke with Bob Riley on the adrenaline and he says that although the adrenaline is a great pump and will do fine, the 180cc single shots I have may be on the upper end of it's capability.
Stealth Stage 1 HPOP w/ new IPR ordered. Should be here tomorrow. I will be installing it this weekend if all goes well. I will try to post up my results after the install. I will be data logging the ICP pressures with my AE. I was seeing a drop to 1300 psi in the 140 tune, around 1600 in the 120r, and 1900 in the 100 tune. This pump is rated for 200cc injectors and is the equivalent of 1.5 HPOPs and is upgradable.

Old 08-13-2009, 09:16 AM
spdmpo
Postmaster
Very nice Roland. You are going all out with this, looking forward to the results. I think I'm going to call Bob about the Adrenaline today since I'm on stock sticks and see what he has to say.

Old 08-13-2009, 09:52 AM
Stroked99
Senior User
Excuse my ignorance here, but I have been following this thread and it has really peaked my interest. I am at the poitn of trying to set the next phase of my mods on my engine/truck. It seem that strong oil pressure is the key no matter if you have stock or modified injectors. My question is alike everyone else, if I do int eh future decide to go with bigger injectors, would installing the Stage I or the Adrenaline now hurt anything? I assume the pressue would only help the stock injectors? am I wrong? THen next would be bowl delete, regulater install, a dual fuel pump set up, and on the frame filter system, then the turbo. Any thoughts?

Old 08-13-2009, 09:53 AM
Layson
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by mueckster
Stealth Stage 1 HPOP w/ new IPR ordered. Should be here tomorrow. I will be installing it this weekend if all goes well. I will try to post up my results after the install. I will be data logging the ICP pressures with my AE. I was seeing a drop to 1300 psi in the 140 tune, around 1600 in the 120r, and 1900 in the 100 tune. This pump is rated for 200cc injectors and is the equivalent of 1.5 HPOPs and is upgradable.
When I upgraded pumps this is what I was told to datalog, ICP DC%, ICP, Fuel Injector Pulse Width, Engine RPM, and engine oil temp! I even through vehicle speed in there just for the heck of it...

Good luck with the install.

Old 08-13-2009, 09:53 AM
Layson
Posting Guru
Dang it... double post!

Old 08-13-2009, 10:00 AM
spdmpo
Postmaster
Well I am sure glad I called Bob. What a great and attentive guy. I thoroughly expected I'd be buying a pump from him today, but let's just say that I'm not so sure I actually need one. I need to look in to this a little more first....... First time I every called someone and they wanted to discuss my issues instead of just saying, sure try this.
I've also been communicating with Jody via email, and he's working on some stuff too. I'm going to see where we're at in a couple weeks. You guys that worked with Jody may not want to go out and start buying pumps that cost hundreds and thousands until we see what he comes up with.

Old 08-13-2009, 10:04 AM
spdmpo
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Stroked99
My question is alike everyone else, if I do int eh future decide to go with bigger injectors, would installing the Stage I or the Adrenaline now hurt anything? I assume the pressue would only help the stock injectors? am I wrong?
IMO, you really should call those manufacturers and speak with them directly about those questions, which are all good.
But it is my understanding on the Adrenaline that yes you can install it now and see an improvement and be set for the future too (depending on the injectors you go with). Those statements are under the assumption you will have a chip with some hot tunes. With no tuner, doubtful you'll notice anything or even need a pump.

Old 08-13-2009, 10:12 AM
Stroked99
Senior User
Keith,

I probable have to agree with calling. I guess each owner wants something different and go about doing the build up in different stages.

Yes, I do have the hot tunes from Jody. You peaked my interest in that fact of wait a few weeks to see what Jody produces. Do you have top secret info?

Old 08-13-2009, 10:39 AM
spdmpo
Postmaster
Ha! No top secret info, only what's been said here. I just call people and pick at them until I get answers (makes me appear as a worrier sometimes). It's no secret several of us all ended up with less than desirable results concerning ICP pressures in the hot tunes. I think what's going on is things are being looked at to see if it was coincidence, if tuning can be improved, or if tuning needs a better pump because of demand, or a combination of all of the above and then some more things that are beyond my understanding. And I am led to believe that testing is being done on an Adrenaline by Jody.

Quick Reply: Need more HPOP pressure