Notices

deep wedgewood blue

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2002, 03:02 PM
mrneidel
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
deep wedgewood blue

what are you guys useing to wash this color on your truck? i have tried some of that turtle wax wash stuff and some rain-ex no spot stuff with no results. i learned you don't want the least little bit of sunshine out when you are washing. probably the same problems with black.
so what are ya using?

Old 12-27-2002, 11:01 AM
pilot10
More Turbo
deep wedgewood blue

I'm currently using Maguires Soft Gel car wash and waxing with Zymol. The Maguires works very well and the Zymol will get you lots of compliments. However the Zymol doesn't last very long.

I'm looking at trying something different, like Nu finish or Zaino Bros. The truck needs a new coat of wax but I've been holding out for about 6 weeks now. The local dealership owes me a detailing once they've fixed all the interior dings they managed to add to the vehicle when it was in for minor servicing back in October. I expect the final replacement part to be here next week. So if the dealer waxes it next week, hopefully I won't have to wax the truck until March or April.

That Deep Wedgewood is such a cool color when it's clean and shiny. Otherwise it looks kind of like an "off black". One thing I'm looking into next year is improving the interior look with some wood inserts. I'm not looking for those stick-on products. I want real wood. I'll use a quality hard wood, a friend has suggested "purple heart" wood. The key here is to take some Deep Wedgewood touch paint down to the local Home depot and have their computer paint matching machine create a stain to stain the interior wood the same color as the truck.

Good Luck
Tim

Old 01-02-2003, 11:37 PM
Ghostrider304
Senior User
deep wedgewood blue

Try woolite, apparently it will softn the water and help get rid of water sports. Saw it a post on this site.

Will-

Old 01-03-2003, 10:16 AM
Karic
Elder User
deep wedgewood blue