Browse all: Steering and Suspension Guides
Print Wikipost

Aim/DJM lowering kit thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 08:20 PM
lightninquick
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did a spring hanger relocate on mine earlier this week. Worked out pretty good. I only wanted about a 3" drop so I didn't move the spring perches all the way up, just alittle over half way. Went pretty easy. Y'all did notice I used the word "pretty" in this post three times right? Yea the old girl looks sharp

Old 02-05-2012, 08:28 AM
f100today
Posting Guru
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by FILTHY
Just thought, I'd fill everyone in on my current nightmare. Airbag it has now shipped me the wrong parts two times. I've got everything on the truck broken down, and am almost finished with the front end. They sent me the tie rod relocators for drum brakes originally, and now that I'm getting into the install, When I went to install the shackle kits they are the wrong size. Looks like they sent me the shckle/hanger kit for an f200.

There wasnt a packing list of any kind, and none of the parts were marked/noted. the difference int he shackles are just the width. (a difference of 1 1/4 inch)

Either way, this entire experience has been horrible up to this point.
I have read many many bad things about that company. I met them at SEMA last year and they were really nice guys though. I even asked him a question he couldn't answer and he emailed me like a month later; that surprised me. I think their business has just grown too quickly for them.

Old 02-05-2012, 09:14 AM
FILTHY
Senior User
Originally Posted by f100today
I have read many many bad things about that company. I met them at SEMA last year and they were really nice guys though. I even asked him a question he couldn't answer and he emailed me like a month later; that surprised me. I think their business has just grown too quickly for them.
I would agree. It almost seems as if they are a little overwhelmed. I know mistakes happen, so I have not formed a permanent opinion on them yet. They were quick to correct the mistake both times, and now I am just waiting for my 3rd shipment of parts. I just want to be finished with this, so I can move onto the next part of my build.

Old 02-05-2012, 12:29 PM
williamwilliam
Laughing Gas
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Sorry your having so many problems with your parts order. The website used to be Air Suspension Pros | Find Quality Suspension Lowering & Lift Kits when I got my setup.......but now its airbagit.com. Im sure the company may have moddified the parts "somewhat" over the years as well so they "may" even look slightly different from what I have, but I dont know for sure. I had actually called them back then and told them what I had and the look I was going for and they gave me the part numbers and prices right over the phone so I ordered right then. I didnt have any trouble with the parts or the install. But Im sure they will get it straightened out for you!

Old 02-06-2012, 09:04 PM
FILTHY
Senior User
Originally Posted by williamwilliam
Sorry your having so many problems with your parts order. The website used to be Air Suspension Pros | Find Quality Suspension Lowering & Lift Kits when I got my setup.......but now its airbagit.com. Im sure the company may have moddified the parts "somewhat" over the years as well so they "may" even look slightly different from what I have, but I dont know for sure.
Yes, they have changed their name several times over the last few years.

Chasis Tech, AIM, Airbagit...etc.

I'm happy with the quality of the products, they just made a mistake when shipping me my parts. (Twice) But, each time, they have taken care of me, in giving me an R.M.A. number, and paying for the shipping of the parts all over the country. I am just ready to have it finished is all. I have a friend who is letting me use his lift...so each day that goes by...I am delaying him getting stuff done, because my truck is in his way.

Old 02-21-2012, 12:52 PM
williamwilliam
Laughing Gas
Any updates?????

Old 02-21-2012, 09:02 PM
FILTHY
Senior User
Originally Posted by williamwilliam
Any updates?????
The only update, I can really share is the lack of hair...from me pulling it all out.

When I last posted....it was just the tip of the iceburg of my frustrations. To say this hasn't gone well, would be a gross understatement.

After finding out, that the pieces they originaly sent me were for an F200, I had made arrangementds to send them back. They physically told me, that If I got them the measuremnts, that they would send out the new parts AS SOON AS I GAVE THEM A TRACKING NUMBER to ensure that the incorrect parts were on the way back to them. (So, I shipped it, called AIrbagit...talked to "Tom" and gave him the shipping info. He said.."Alright man...your parts will go out in the morning." So, 1 week, after giving them the tracking number of my return package....and 3 days after UPS had showed that AIRBAGIT had already received my incorrect parts back. I still hadn't seen my parts that supposidly has been sent out a week prior. So, I called in to get a tracking info, to see where the correct parts were...and they had NO IDEA what I was talking about. ??????WTF??????

So, after being passed around to 4 different people, I finally got with Tom. He told me..."Uhh, dude, you were supposed to call with the measurements." (Yet..he had taken them from me via phone, 7 days prior) I was so mad......I just told him, to get me the damn parts, So I could finish my project.

The next day, I got a confirmation email, with tracking numbers. So, I watched the tracking, until it showed "out for delivery" in my city. Well, that was Monday of last week. (9 days ago) I still dont have anything...and UPS has filed a tracer. The package mysteriously dissapeared. So, Airbagit, had to file a claim with UPS...and now, I wait again...as they "fabricate" my pieces...to resend for the 4th time. It has now been 31 days, since I started this project.

In the mean time, I went ahead and replaced the front brakes, and installed new brake lines.

Old 02-21-2012, 09:48 PM
jhooch
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Aren't the I-beams the same between an F100 and F250? Something doesn't add up here.

Old 02-22-2012, 08:31 AM
FILTHY
Senior User
Originally Posted by jhooch
Aren't the I-beams the same between an F100 and F250? Something doesn't add up here.
Yes. I ordered the kit for disk brakes, yet they sent me the kit for Drum brakes. (The difference is the tie rod relocators, and the size of the king pins) - That was their first mistake.

This current debacle, is in regards to the rear set up. The hanger/Shackle sizes are completely different. The pieces were almost twice as large as the correct f100 pieces. After measuring the pieces, and sendng them back AIRBAGIt confirmed that they had sent out the incorrect pieces. And FYI...they don't "stock" anythign. Every piece is made to order. So, they dont even cut the steel, or make the kit until an order is placed.

And the 4 shocks, that came with the kit also were not even close to being the right size. I have sent those back twice as well. It was almost like, they just grabbed random pieces off of a shelf, and threw them in a box.

Old 02-22-2012, 01:45 PM
williamwilliam
Laughing Gas
Damn! Im sorry to hear about that! I know its aggrevating to have to go through that crap. Ive been there before on one of my other cars when I was restoring it and I had a time trying to get a part when that supplier had sent me the wrong one then it also got lost in shipping......but it was the suppliers fault and not the shipping carriers fault. Turns out an employee at the parts supplier was stealing parts and reselling on the side!!!!! I hope this ordeal is resolved very quickly in your favor!!

Old 02-22-2012, 01:48 PM
FILTHY
Senior User
Well, my wife just called to tell me that UPS dropped off a large box at the house. So, I guess my parts have arrived. As long as they sent the correct partas this time around, I will have this install finished this evening. The front end is done.

Old 02-22-2012, 09:03 PM
FILTHY
Senior User
Alright....just got home from the Thunder/Celtics game. So just now getting home to check the pieces. All parts are here, and I think I can knock this out in 2-3 hours. So, hopefully by morning, I will have a good update, with some pics to show.

Old 02-23-2012, 12:47 PM
williamwilliam
Laughing Gas
Good deal, and good luck, lol!

Old 02-24-2012, 07:57 AM
FILTHY
Senior User
Alright guys. Sorry for taking so long to post up pics. I cam down with a nasty case of the flu. So, as excited as I was....I hurt too bad to even take any pics. Anyways, I just took some quick cell phone pics, so you guys could get an idea of what she looks like. When I feel better, I will get some pics with the DSLR, that I've been documenting the entire build with.

As far as overall opinions... despite all the troubles getting the correct parts, I am extremely happy with the final results. It sits nice and low. Now let me tell you this. FOr everyone questioning William William about ride quality, and the clearance of the bump stop.....He was 100% correct. The clearance is almost identical to mine. I drove it for about half an hour, taking city streets, a little bit of off road (dirt), and highway driving. I braked hard, accelerated hard, and turned in and out of a steep driveway. It handles like a dream!!!! Much better than before. The ride is actually better than before as well. (probably because of the new shocks) I could probably go another half inch lower in the rear, because I did not remove any of the leaf springs. I'm going to wait until my wheels get here, to finally see it's going to sit.

Either way, I'm satisfied!

nice again, sorry for the crappy cell phone pics....

Before-

After-

Name:  f100123.jpg
Views: 4732
Size:  55.3 KB

Name:  f10009q.jpg
Views: 6200
Size:  54.7 KB

Name:  f100098w.jpg
Views: 2751
Size:  65.4 KB

Old 02-24-2012, 08:49 AM
f100today
Posting Guru
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Wheels! Don't do it. That truck is perfect like it is! Please don't paint it either. Looks AWESOME as is!

On another note. I ended up notching mine in the rear. I don't care what method is used to lower the truck; a half inch is a half inch. I had no rear suspension travel left and couldn't take it anymore. It rode horrible. After the notch, it has all the suspension travel it had before.

Quick Reply: Aim/DJM lowering kit thread