Notices

Complete Savings Online Scam Inquiry

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 03:17 PM
steveterryrudy
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Complete Savings Online Scam Inquiry

Hello Ford Truck Enthusiasts, are there any members who have been taken advantage of my the Complete Savings online scam? I was recently a victim of this and was charged $12 a month on my credit card for the past 2 months. I wanted to pole the members to see if it was just me or is something going on here.

Here's how it happened with me. I was shopping on the JC Whitney site and was in the check out screen. Gave them my credit card information and was close to completing the transaction when a bunch of funny screens popped up for Complete Savings. I filled out a couple screens and then got a funny feeling something wasn't right about those extra screens. So I canceled the transaction.

Turns out my hunch about those extra screens was right. I've been charged $12 a month (once in June and once in July) for a service I didn't request and for a transaction that never happened.

Are there any other members that have experienced this on the JC Whitney site or other online auto part sites?

I called JC Whitney and they are going to check with Complete Savings. The manager I spoke to at JC Whitney (Mark) said that they give Complete Savings access to their checkout screen for a fee. But that JC Whitney does not collect a fee directly.

Seems to me that everybody's involved but nobody's going to take direct responsibility for deceiving folks with online trickery.

I cancelled my credit card, e-mailed both companies (JC Whitney and Complete Savings) to cancel my account.

Directly or indirectly, there is a business arrangement among these two companies, and it just cost me $24 for services I didn't want and for a transaction that didn't take place (with JC Whitney).

Let me know if I'm just a dummy or if there's something real stinky going on with online retailers and Complete Savings. It smells real foul where I'm sitting.

steveterryrudy
2002 F-150 Lariat and 1998 Expedition 4x4 XLT

Old 08-09-2009, 04:25 PM
ReAX
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've never heard of it going that bad, but what do you think those discount cards at the grocery stores are? Usually companies like JCW will sell off your name and address to harvesters who resell them to advertisers and just send you all kinds of junk mail.

I would have contacted the CC company, Amex should have taken your money back without much fuss, Visa/MC might ask you some question, but the process should be pretty easy. This is a good reason to use the bank's money online rather than your own, they'll fight for their money much harder than they will for yours.