Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-06-2009, 09:06 PM
Too old to be too smart

SpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputation
What We Are

One of the guys on here found a nice catch on Craig's list, but since he's a ways away, he asked me to go look at it for him.

The seller was completely unfamiliar with these trucks, but was selling some parts off an '05 six-oh that his father had rolled and totaled.

He asked me why I would drive down to look at some stuff for somebody hundreds of miles away, so I explained about how we sorta' take care of each other, and I was just "paying my insurance bill" that someone would come to my assistance someday if I ever needed it. He thought that was pretty neat, and then he said something that just blew me away after I thought about it.

He said:

"So, you guys are like a brotherhood!"

Pop
Email SpringerPop SpringerPop's F-350
Old 08-06-2009, 09:08 PM
Posting Guru

Excursion4X4 has a good reputation on FTE.Excursion4X4 has a good reputation on FTE.
We are a "brotherhood" any time one of us is in need a whole gaggle will answer!!! I tried to give some Rep, but in jail. Nice pick Marv!!
Old 08-06-2009, 09:13 PM
Senior User

Donny_D is starting off with a positive reputation.
thats awesome! FTE brotherhood i like it... its been said before and im sure it wont be the last. the folks that are on this forum are amazing! incredably helpful and very friendly
Old 08-06-2009, 09:30 PM
Posting Guru

redfire42 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.redfire42 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
People are so incredable on here they just drove 5-10-15 HOURS to meet in TN to help each other work on there trucks, almost like an FTE Family reuniun.

Sweet huh!!!!
Jeremy PAA MEMBER# 41 2002 F250 444CI, Lariat, 4X4 S-cab, LB, Superchip, WW, 6637, Isspro 3 Pillar pod, Bilsteins, 5" MKO straight pipe cannon, OBA, trucool 4739, Zdad, CCV, IC foil AIH delete, GPR LED, EBPV/brake, Firestone airbags, prodigy BC,
Scheaffers 9000
Old 08-06-2009, 09:44 PM

Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
That IS cool, Marv!

The Brotherhood of FTE.

That'd make a great hoodie!

I can picture it now...semi-circle across the top back "Brotherhood Of FTE" with a couple SuperDuty rigs in profile below the words, and a persons forum name and PAA number below the rigs.

Thanks again for helping me out!

Stewart
2000 PSD Excursion 4x4: 38R, JW trans, F5, MBRP, AFE, OBA and Pre-Pump, V & B codes
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!
Old 08-06-2009, 09:45 PM
Post Fiend

Izzy351 has much to be proud ofIzzy351 has much to be proud ofIzzy351 has much to be proud ofIzzy351 has much to be proud ofIzzy351 has much to be proud ofIzzy351 has much to be proud ofIzzy351 has much to be proud ofIzzy351 has much to be proud ofIzzy351 has much to be proud ofIzzy351 has much to be proud of
Yep -- it's great, isn't it?

Oh, and don't forget the "Sisters"...

A few on here helped me out when I was 8000 miles from home.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:46 PM
Postmaster

mndiesel has a great reputation on FTE.mndiesel has a great reputation on FTE.mndiesel has a great reputation on FTE.mndiesel has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excursion4X4 View Post
We are a "brotherhood" any time one of us is in need a whole gaggle will answer!!! I tried to give some Rep, but in jail. Nice pick Marv!!
Dale I have your muffler, will be homw Sunday night late, We can work out a way for you to get it then. TTYL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringerPop View Post

"So, you guys are like a brotherhood!"

Pop
That says it all!!!!!!
07 VW Eos
SOLD, lol
http://www.roadsidehelpnetwork.org/
Old 08-06-2009, 09:49 PM
Post Fiend

Smokin' has a brilliant futureSmokin' has a brilliant futureSmokin' has a brilliant futureSmokin' has a brilliant futureSmokin' has a brilliant futureSmokin' has a brilliant futureSmokin' has a brilliant futureSmokin' has a brilliant futureSmokin' has a brilliant futureSmokin' has a brilliant futureSmokin' has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy351 View Post
Yep -- it's great, isn't it?

Oh, and don't forget the "Sisters"...

A few on here helped me out when I was 8000 miles from home.
Thanks Joe.

I too have received a helping hand, on more than one occasion.
Lisa Not so Early '99 PSD long bed XLT supercab. 4" Pro Comp suspension lift, 315 BFG AT's on 17" Liquid Metal Gatlins, Casserly Stage 1 injectors, Terminator T-500 HPOP, BTS VB, Cale's tunes, 203* thermostat and billet housing, 6637 w/Pete's cover, CCV, Riffraff oil and fuel crossover, late turbo conversion - international bellowed up pipes, 4" turbo back exhaust, EBPV delete, Harley Davidson headlights, 08 mirrors. 200k club member.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:50 PM
Post Fiend

bdrummonds has much to be proud ofbdrummonds has much to be proud ofbdrummonds has much to be proud ofbdrummonds has much to be proud ofbdrummonds has much to be proud ofbdrummonds has much to be proud ofbdrummonds has much to be proud ofbdrummonds has much to be proud ofbdrummonds has much to be proud ofbdrummonds has much to be proud of
I am proud to call any of the fine folks around here my Brother or Sister. I have recieved, as well as given.

I remember what I have recieved, and forgotten what I have given.

RIP Jet

RIP Markadeck
PAA MEMBER # 7.3, 99.5 CC,4X4,SB, leveled,live tuned by Jody,1.15 van turbo w ATS housing,6.0 IC,AFE big boost filter, Petes Armour,fuel bowl delete,black MBRP stacks, 02 headlights,F650 dash, 16x10 MT wheels, 35" tires,and a bunch other stuff that wont fit in my sig. 425K and counting.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:50 PM
Elder User

BadDogPSD is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Of all the sites, of all the forums, I like this one the best.

2013 F350 Lariat 4x4 Crew Cab 6.7

1997 F250 XLT Crew Cab 7.3 ** Sold **
Old 08-06-2009, 09:54 PM
Too old to be too smart

SpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputation
Actually, I DID mention to the guy that "there's a buncha' sisters, too".

Wouldn't forget our distaff side.

Pop
Email SpringerPop SpringerPop's F-350
Old 08-07-2009, 12:00 AM
Post Fiend

Tenn01PSD350 has much to be proud ofTenn01PSD350 has much to be proud ofTenn01PSD350 has much to be proud ofTenn01PSD350 has much to be proud ofTenn01PSD350 has much to be proud ofTenn01PSD350 has much to be proud ofTenn01PSD350 has much to be proud ofTenn01PSD350 has much to be proud ofTenn01PSD350 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdrummonds View Post
RIP Jet

RIP Markadeck
Well put BD. I will be thinking of those guys this weekend. I sure miss them here. I will be sure to make a toast to their memory. Wish you could have made it too bro.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:34 AM

Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
BTW, just in case anyone is wondering, I located a 6.0L IC and trans cooler on Craigslist down in SoCal, about 6 hours south of me. I made a tentative deal with the seller to buy the two parts for $160 bucks, and PM'd Marv for help.

Marv lives about 25 minutes away from the guy so the next day (today), he went over to the sellers residence and checked out the parts for me. After he determined they were in good shape (they came off a truck that had been involved in a collision and had rolled over), he paid the guy with his own money for me.

You can see the thread here: http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/87...ringerpop.html

Stewart
2000 PSD Excursion 4x4: 38R, JW trans, F5, MBRP, AFE, OBA and Pre-Pump, V & B codes
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!
Old 08-07-2009, 01:46 AM
Post Fiend

4inchlovin has much to be proud of4inchlovin has much to be proud of4inchlovin has much to be proud of4inchlovin has much to be proud of4inchlovin has much to be proud of4inchlovin has much to be proud of4inchlovin has much to be proud of4inchlovin has much to be proud of4inchlovin has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenn01PSD350 View Post
Well put BD. I will be thinking of those guys this weekend. I sure miss them here. I will be sure to make a toast to their memory. Wish you could have made it too bro.
Im sure Jet and Mark will be at RRE. Theres is NOTHING in this world that could keep them from being there.
RIP Brothers: Lost but NEVER forgotten.

Well said Brandon and Mike
Old 08-07-2009, 01:50 AM
Support FTE

PaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputation
Nice post Marv. Reps to you Brother.

Even though I am old enough to be a grandfather to some of the younger members, and a father to quite a few more, I much prefer being considered a brother to all.
Old 08-07-2009, 01:50 AM