Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2007+ Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-05-2009, 03:10 PM
Senior User

eddiemoney is starting off with a positive reputation.
Debadging?

I am seeing if anyone has debadged any of their expedition. I want to take the emblems for Expedition and Flex Fuel off the back door, but want to ensure their is not embossed metal or posts underneath they are attaching to. Does anyone know? Can anyone assist?
Old 08-05-2009, 06:05 PM
MMNC (SS)

Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.
sorry man

all three of the emblems have 2 locator pins. 1 is near the left edge, 1 is in the middle
Old 08-06-2009, 01:02 AM
Senior User

IQ9 is starting off with a positive reputation.
You can remove the RSC badge. Thats is the first and only one I did as I found out about the other three. I do not have a flex fuel badge so I can't help ya there.
Old 08-06-2009, 06:57 AM
Senior User

hookd is starting off with a positive reputation.
ok so what about the expedition badges on the doors? I want to get them off because the paint and chrome is flaking off of them
Old 08-06-2009, 09:32 AM
Senior User

fiveohpoepoe is starting off with a positive reputation.
Wrong forum
Old 08-06-2009, 11:49 AM
MMNC (SS)

Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.
sorry, I didn't clarify my earlier post.

the 3 main badges (doors, and rear hatch) that say "Expedition" on them

Those are the 3 badges that have locator pins. I'll try to snap a picture for you later on. I've got a set of them in my garage that have already been replaced under the Warranty
Old 08-09-2009, 07:15 PM
Senior User

eddiemoney is starting off with a positive reputation.
Well that's craptastic. Glad I asked before I just started removing!
Old 08-19-2009, 10:39 PM
Senior User

hjsimpson is starting off with a positive reputation.
I was going to add... if you just waited a few months the badges will fall off by themselves. I am exteremly dissapointed in my 07 build quality, the driver side badge and the passenger side plastic cladding on the lower part of the door the adhesive has deteriorated and started to pull away. Also my front badge on the grille has severe bubbling and the plasic overlay has started to peel.

Sorry to rant!!! but to top it all off I just had to pay another $100 diagnostic fee to have the PCM reprogrammed for the second time due to shifting issues...
Quote:
Never, never, never give up. -Winston Churchill
Old 08-20-2009, 06:55 AM
Senior User

nfntruth is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hjsimpson View Post
I was going to add... if you just waited a few months the badges will fall off by themselves. I am exteremly dissapointed in my 07 build quality, the driver side badge and the passenger side plastic cladding on the lower part of the door the adhesive has deteriorated and started to pull away. Also my front badge on the grille has severe bubbling and the plasic overlay has started to peel.

Sorry to rant!!! but to top it all off I just had to pay another $100 diagnostic fee to have the PCM reprogrammed for the second time due to shifting issues...
I am grateful that I have almost no problems with my Expy, I did manage to pop the sunglasses holder in the overhead console out, and now it is just stripped enough that it sometimes comes out on its own. My fault, so I won't take it to the dealer.

But as for build quality, you can't expect too much from employees who can't get fired...Yeah for the union!!!
And before the flaming starts, my father in law is a retired foreman, he hated that he couldn't fire people, they were late, drunk, lazy, didn't matter, nothing they could really do about it.
http://www.fuelly.com/sig-us/55407.png
Old 08-20-2009, 10:47 AM
Postmaster

berry1234 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Don't have to flame anyone. As with most things made now, the quality compaired to even 10 years ago sucks. No arguing that. It will continue to do so unless there is a big enough backlash from consumers.

Old 08-20-2009, 07:56 PM
MMNC (SS)

truth...but then look at the farce that GM and the UAW just recently went through.

also have to blame Ford for some of their cost-cutting measures. they can't cut any $$$ from the workforce due to the Union, so they are pinching corners in other areas.

lose lose all around
Old 08-21-2009, 06:45 AM
Elder User

chuck s is starting off with a positive reputation.
Some black paint and a Q-tip will fix the lettering. I may even make the X red the next time.

-- Chuck
Old 08-21-2009, 06:45 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator

Tags
150, 1997, 2003, 2008, 2009, badges, bower, console, debadged, debadging, eddie, emblems, expedition, f150, ford, overhead, remove