Large Truck My truck is bigger than yours. The forum for 2+ ton trucks (all years), COE's, Louisville's, Big-Job's etc.

Welcome!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 07:31 PM
Old retired ford
New User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like the big truck format

I have presently a 52 f6 Coe and also a 58 f 750 in the past I have had a couple of 53 - 56 f 6 , both standard and Coe. I have had a N 600 also. Just recently I used this forum to get my electric two speed working that had been setting for 4 years.
As per advice, I grounded the motor, and when that didn't help, separated the old wiring to the motor so I could get good juice back there. A bit of massaging the motor with a fistful sized river rock completed the job. Today, I rewired the old 10 guage wire from the firewall to the motor. Works like a charm.
As I said, all of the above suggestions were made prior to my work, so this big truck forum is a good idea. The ideas came from others experience, something in short supply with the older units.
I am the odd man in our ATHS group here in Aztec, nm, due to my love affair with fords, but someone's got to do it!!!
Keep up the good work.

Old 02-20-2015, 08:15 PM
krewat
Site Administrator
Received 297 Likes on 156 Posts
ATHS is a good bunch of people.,..

Old 08-02-2015, 11:31 PM
mpokoney
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you for welcome

Thanks for the invatation and acceptance. I have a F600 dump truck.

Old 08-11-2015, 02:05 AM
roKWiz
Mountain Pass
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
can I say hi here too

Used the welcome thread but that went over like a lead balloon, probably cause I mentioned large trucks.
I own 6 trucks, 4, 4ton Ford trader trucks, 3 are modified to suit the work I do, a K125 Kenworth I'm restoring and a Louisville LN8000 I have just acquired.
here's the Louie I've got some modifications planned for.

76' LN8000 single drive prime mover
Detroit 6V53, 10speed RR, Eaton rear on Daytons

Old 03-02-2016, 08:00 PM
NoFrod
Senior User
LARGE Trucks

Good, good idea ! Are we talking F-450s &up in GVWR ? I just joined, and have a '63 F-850 and a '90 F-800, so will be here mostly.

Old 03-09-2016, 08:33 AM
usmcpat
Mountain Pass
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
I just scored a f800 crew cab

I really could use any information about this truck, I'm in uncharted territory with this monster I call Tootie.

Not sure if this is the place to ask but I could use some advice on where to find a wiring diagram and can I get a ac heater box out of a wreck and will it fit in my truck?

Old 03-10-2016, 08:37 PM
Rob Barton
New User
Just dreaming

Originally Posted by BigF350
Welcome to the newest forum on FTE!
Dedicated purely to all trucks ford produced that were 2+ ton rated.
It covers everything from an early COE, to the Big Jobs, to the Louisville OTR's, to a SuperCruzr

We have recieved a number of requests for this forum, and we will conduct a 3month trial, if people seem to like it (and use it ) we will keep it as is, and incorporate any suggestions you might have to improve it.
If you don't like (or don't use it!), we will move all the posts back to their relevant regular forum and delete the forum

Adrian
I'm looking to buy a F350 between $20,000 and $25,000 and maybe between a 07' to a 13' model that's best for hauling a 5th wheel RV any suggestions???

Old 05-03-2016, 12:11 PM
DarthBulk
New User
Just joined, it is nice to have found this forum for large trucks. I bought an F800 and will probably have some questions the more I use and modify it.

Old 05-09-2016, 06:19 AM
davidddavid
New User
I just bought a 1984 F800 fire truck on gov deals. it has 12000 miles and looks new in and out. paint still on harmonic balancer. I have favored fords all my life and now that I am retired decided to start a project. I would rather have a C model but could not pass this one up. am thinking about making it a daily driver because i like big trucks. It has a detroit fuel pincher and it is in top shape but i have heard a lot of negative thoughts on this motor. the things i would like to change are the top speed of 60 MPH. Oh it has a 5 speed manual trans and i wish it was an auto. also trying to decide what kind of bed to go with. The other thing is the hood and accessing the engine compartment because it is a problem crawling up the front because of my age. I know i am rambling but would like some opinions and advice from more experienced whether to start over or go ahead with this beautiful truck. Thanks ahead for any advice. also own and drive a 1985 F150 long bed and a 1986 F150 long bed 4x4.

Old 06-04-2016, 06:05 AM
Sirvait
New User
The forumn is the best source of information I could find. Thanks for the welcome. Just picked up a 93 F700. This my first heavy. I'm sure I'm going to be digging around looking for all tips I can find.

Old 10-01-2016, 10:37 PM
Dutch106
New User
Hi Guys,
so I seem to be doing a bad job trying to research on a truck I just bought its supposed to be a 1972 F600 cabover with a 361 engine with a 5 speed trany with a split differential and a rated GVR on the rear dullies of 21300lbs and can find no information am I mis defining something someone has to know, more about this beast? the Vin is C61EVP77724 can someone translate that?
Thanks for any help.
Dutch

Last edited by Dutch106; 10-01-2016 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Add info
Old 10-02-2016, 08:49 PM
Dutch106
New User
F600 er C600 COE 1972 and why you need to be careful on your farm trucks

Hi Guys,
Well I'm learning, so I find slightly more information. SO how many of these were built? Still haven't gotten it home yet 1/3 0f the way, it overheated, then the battery died. so parked it at the gas station. next day got back with tools and a new battery. Pulled the thermostat, and put the battery in. Huh what? the red positive going to the starter and a black to the negative. positive ground? Nah not on a Ford! I even tied it smoking cables quickly convinced me it wasn't so this afternoon I finely found a diagram on how it was supposed to be wired, and a note that sometimes battery was grounded to a starter mount bolt, hmmm so drive the 40 miles to the beast and remove a red cable was to the mounting bolt of the starter had been to the ground. following the right side of the starter solenoid and sure enough hidden behind a wiring bundle was a black cable with a battery clamp I swapped the battery around, remove the red cable from the starter. The black cable to the chassis and pulled the bolt extremely dirty and heavily rusted so I replaced the bolt and cleaned the frame were it was, put it all back together with a split washer on either side of the frame tightened it all up. give it quick spritz of paint. hook up the ground strap. Bring the cab down, trot around put the key in the wipers start the radio comes on and the starter whirls. Hot dog it works, yank the choke out, rumble rumble, thrum. she's running Kool let her run about 1/2 an hour temp stays in the middle of the range on the gauge. pull her over to fill the tank up. Let the very nice folk at the gas station it was working and I would be back in the morning with a fellow to bring the other car home behind me.
So were do I find tune up parts also does this beast use points or an electronic ignition?
Dutch

Old 10-25-2016, 08:42 PM
Trucker59
New User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1955 c700

my latest project

Attached Images  
The following users liked this post:
Old 12-15-2016, 07:00 PM
Theodore Rossiter
New User
I have a 78 F150 4x4 need to change oil pan gasket seems i have to raise my motor to replace gaske

i have a 78 F150 4x4 with a 351 need to change oil pan gasket. Seems like i have to raise the motor right?

Old 10-28-2017, 02:49 AM
TNOVO
7th Gear
Newbie! This site is awesome

Want to thank all of you for this great site. I am an avid car guy, a Ford guy for life. I have a 2001 Ford F350 superduty crewcab 4x4 dually.
I use this beast to drag around all my project cars and use it as road trip truck as well. I recently saw a locally available Ford f700 that i am interested in buying and making into a car hauler/wrecker and wanted feedback from this community as I have no clue about these heavy duty f700 chassis trucks. Hope you guys can help, Posted the whole story on a separate posting With newbie and F700 in the post title.

Ford cars I have: 68 mustang coupe project( the wife's car), a 70 mustang coupe, 70 mustang fastback shell project. 69 Ford LTD coupe 390 project.
I live in El Paso Texas, the beautiful rust free desert car haven of the Southwest USA! I'm a high school teacher at a tech high school by day and car nut every other minuter of my life! Thank you, Tony.

Quick Reply: Welcome!