Kentucky Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: SideWinder4.9l

KY Chapter Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 02:21 PM
Cowboy65
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KY Chapter Question

I'm new to FTE and have been hangin' out in the 6.0L PSD section and learnin' lots of good stuff about my new to me truck. I just noticed there is a FTE Chapter in KY. I live in Smiths Grove (just north of Bowling Green) and wanted to look into joining the KY Chapter. What does it mean to join a chapter? Is the KY chapter new, I notice that the oldest post is from July 22 of this year? Any info is appreciated.

Old 08-01-2009, 07:57 PM
rywegh
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The Ky chapter was formed on Christmas day 2004. I have been the charter member and leader since the beginning.

We usually just BS a lot on here, but every once in a while we get a chance to get a few members together. When we do get that chance, we have a great time talking about ourselves, trucks, Ford, shoot life in general. Usually we meet up at a restaurant and enjoy the food, camaraderie and maybe a few cold beverages.

Old 08-04-2009, 08:30 AM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Hey Cowboy, I wasn't too far from you over the weekend. Me and the family went to Horse Cave and Cave City for a 3 day weekend. Spent time at Dinosaur World and Ky Down Under. Had a great time. Stopped in at Woodford Reserve outside of Versailes on the way home Sunday.

Old 08-04-2009, 10:43 AM
Cowboy65
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I worked in Cave City for about 9 years and drove by the dinosaurs twice every day. Don't know if you saw any of the "rock shops" or not, but I was always surprised at the number of people that would buy rocks. I own 62 acres and if I could figure out a way to sell my rocks at the prices that charge in Cave City I would be the next Bill Gates.

Did you get a chance to go to Mammoth Cave? If not and you like outdoor stuff it's a great place to go. Be aware it is pretty crowded during the summer months when school is out.

Old 08-04-2009, 11:19 AM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
I have been to Mammoth Caves years a go. We did go through a small cave at Ky Down Under though. My 6 year old son loved it, as did my wife and I, but our 2 year old daughter didn't. I agree with you about rock buying! I could make a fortune too with just my 4 acres!