1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

the saddest post i ever want to make and a word of caution about four wheeler

Old 07-31-2009, 07:41 PM
59flatbedford
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the saddest post i ever want to make and a word of caution about four wheeler

Tuesday a friend of mine was killed in a four wheeler roll over. she was out spraying weeds on her parents ranch when somehow the four wheeler rolled over and crushed her. I have known this girl all through high school and she was one of my fiances best friends. she was probably one of the nicest and funnest poeple i know and had her whole life ahead of her, full of potential. She would have turned nineteen in a little over a week and was way too young to be taken. so for all you out there that take riding your fourwheeler for granted please dont, this is not the first person killed on them doing everyday things. and whenever possible dont ride alone because crashes do happen and most four wheelers can not be lifted by one person and lying there with one on top of you untill your lungs finally get crushed would not be a good way to go, you never know had some one else been there my friend might still be alive, we will never know now. thank you

Old 07-31-2009, 07:46 PM
flyin 51
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So sorry for your loss, at any age, especially young..
My family's prayers are with you at this time.

Old 07-31-2009, 07:52 PM
56panelford
FTE Legend
Received 4,108 Likes on 2,642 Posts
Sorry to hear your bad news,a couple weeks ago my sister in laws neighbour lost her husband the same way, crushing him and a rib piercing his heart, he was alone when it happened too. Where I live they are now allowed to drive them on the highway which I think is totaly retarded but the police don't seem to bother to stop them, it's only a matter of time before they're being killed on our roads.

Old 07-31-2009, 08:01 PM
jmadsen
Logistics Pro
Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
59flatbedford I'm sorry to hear about your friend, accidents like that seem to happen when you least expect them. thinking about you and your family and friends and sending good wishes.

I know how quick those things can happen. I was survey/mapping a wetland area along a small canal embankment when i went over a rock covered in grass and ( I was going really slow) it flipped me over on the side I luckily landed on my feet in the ditch bottom and was able to hold the machine (only a 330 CC) but still heavy from totally pinning me down, it could have crushed me or pinned me under the water etc etc. luckily my partner was just a few hundred feet away when it happened because earlier he was about 1/2 mile away. I couldn't have lifted it off me by myself.
Josh

Old 07-31-2009, 08:07 PM
59flatbedford
Posting Guru
never been a fan of four wheelers and these new ones wiegh as much as a friggin ****** jeep. just dont take these things for granted and take precaution because even a common everyday task can end bad if not.

Old 07-31-2009, 08:24 PM
homade
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry to hear of the tragic accident, it's so hard to lose someone you love at such a young age, keep the faith and we will be praying for you and the family, trust me this comes from the heart, Garry and Linda.

Old 07-31-2009, 08:28 PM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Indeed, such sad news. My heart goes out to everyone who she had touched. Its a shame how one little slipup can make such a terrible difference.

Sam

Old 07-31-2009, 08:50 PM
eman92082
Cargo Master
Received 34 Likes on 12 Posts
Having recently lost my best friend, I don't pretend to understand your loss, but I do know what grief is. I am so sorry and it does get better, but only in good time. "Shared sorrorw is half-sorrow - Shared Joy is double joy".

This Forum has the generosity and kindness to share the real stuff when it happens because it's a Community. The Truck stuff continues, but without we folks who labor on them, they are just metal stampings without purpose. It's got a lot to do with who we be, and with each other.

Old 07-31-2009, 08:59 PM
bartric
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a 66o grizzly been on it a million times one night driving home with my son on the back going up a hill that we have been up a ton of times my belt sliped at the top i broke my sons leg and i shattered my wrist broke my elbow and cracked a few ribs on Dec 5th hes doing good i am still going to therapy but we have pulled threw this probabay60,000 of med bills, so i ask every one out there please be safe, and kiss your kids every day.

Old 07-31-2009, 10:57 PM
59flatbedford
Posting Guru
and while we are on the topic of safety please everyone when working under stuff please block the wheels for gods sake. my dear friend had to go to a funeral of a friend that was killed while working on a car. he had the front end picked up with a winch truck and it rolled forward on top of his head. just goes to show you can never be to careful.

Old 08-01-2009, 09:11 AM
gdgerland
Elder User
Sorry to hear your tragic news. Hope you can find some peace remembering the good times you had with your friend. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Gil

Old 08-01-2009, 11:20 AM
petey shoes
Posting Guru
very sad indeed. let's hope that someone learns from this tragedy!

Old 08-01-2009, 11:51 AM
rockher_man
Elder User
Unhappy Sad indeed...

Sorry for your loss...I'm sure your good friend will be missed by the many
that truely loved and cared about her.

Truely a tradgedy...

Please stay strong in this time of sorrow and do not lose faith and know
that she is with God now and that she will never be in any pain again.

May God bless you & yours in this most difficult time and always...

-Brian

Old 08-01-2009, 07:53 PM
birdman1
Elder User

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Sorry for you loss, our prayers are with you and her family.

Old 08-01-2009, 07:53 PM
reg1952
Senior User
Prayers & thoughts are with you.

Search this Thread