1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Bumpsides Ford Truck

Just Bought A....

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 09:21 PM
Ford06White
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just Bought A....

New Truck! It's either a 1969 or 1971. Still need the VIN numbers for someone to help me find the actual year.

PICTURES-

Current Plans for the truck include-

Off-Roading! Even though it is a 2WD I have a couple friends that do the same with these year and model trucks and they seem to have a blast!

Anyway Here is what's on my to-do list-

V8 Swap for that inline 6
Hurst 3 Speed truck shifter (Crappy No-Name one currently)
upgrade to 16x8 rims
new tires
fix minor interior issues
LT Headers
Moser Axles
New Gear and Locker for the 9 Inch ford

Also, Couple questions for you guys- Who all has pictures of their 2WD Drive off-road machine? Or has lifted pictures?

And the fuel pump- Previous owner did not have the original seat so he rigged a newer style seat in and the gas tank would not fit. They than had the wonderful idea of building a wooden box and enclosing the gas tank. So a new fuel cell will also be needed. Should I upgrade to a electric pump then too?

Tyler

Old 07-31-2009, 12:12 AM
bmuhlbach
Cargo Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
that is more like a 68-69 by the grille and the marker lights on the bed. Heater controls are the 67 style???

Old 07-31-2009, 01:33 AM
BradyCouchman
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
i would bet money its a 67. i would say change the seat back to stock and put a stock behind the seat tank in it. and you can or can not go with electric fuel pump. but doing a v8 swap you will need a new trans to go with it....check out www.autofab.com they build a number of lifts for these trucks. they also have some pictures on there too...

Old 07-31-2009, 07:03 AM
Ford06White
New User
Originally Posted by BradyCouchman
i would bet money its a 67. i would say change the seat back to stock and put a stock behind the seat tank in it. and you can or can not go with electric fuel pump. but doing a v8 swap you will need a new trans to go with it....check out www.autofab.com they build a number of lifts for these trucks. they also have some pictures on there too...
Thanks for the help! For the V8 Swap I already have a Re-Built 351 Windsor and a 4 speed top loader from my last project which was a mustang. Both are rebuilt and ready to go.

And for the gas-tank. I probably will go back with a original seat. Problem is finding one!

Also- Does anybody still make a original wiring harness? As you can see in the one picture the one owner just did a home-made job on the wiring. I would like to get a nice clean wiring setup and put it back under the dash so it looks right!

Tyler

Old 07-31-2009, 09:47 AM
bmuhlbach
Cargo Master
try centec for a wiring harness

Old 07-31-2009, 10:14 AM
Madathlon
Posting Guru
Oh ya, I take my 2wd off road all the time, while mine not lifted It does have wider tires and I simple take my time, a winch is a must, A farm jack helps also. This inst saying a 2wd gets stuck easy, this is simple planning ahead. And having a limited slip or locker rear end is a MUST! With a lift, you in a 2wd have better ground clearance, lighter truck and more power. Many Baja truck are also only 2wd to give you a idea what a 2wd can do.

But also, "Tread Lightly" So there will always be places to off road later

Old 07-31-2009, 11:41 AM
BradyCouchman
Post Fiend
painless does make a kit for your truck but its like $600 if i remember right...but your might not be that bad just needs some help

Old 07-31-2009, 04:54 PM
19704X4F250
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Prolly a 67 and someone changed the doors on it. Dash is 67 anyways. I have a seat....but you are prolly light years from me.

Old 07-31-2009, 06:48 PM
Ford06White
New User
Originally Posted by bmuhlbach
try centec for a wiring harness
I will check that out thanks!

painless does make a kit for your truck but its like $600 if i remember right...but your might not be that bad just needs some help
Yeah, I think I was looking through the LMC Catalog today and saw that...I think I might try to fix the wiring first before a new harness for that price!

Oh ya, I take my 2wd off road all the time, while mine not lifted It does have wider tires and I simple take my time, a winch is a must, A farm jack helps also. This inst saying a 2wd gets stuck easy, this is simple planning ahead. And having a limited slip or locker rear end is a MUST! With a lift, you in a 2wd have better ground clearance, lighter truck and more power. Many Baja truck are also only 2wd to give you a idea what a 2wd can do.

But also, "Tread Lightly" So there will always be places to off road later
Definitely will be building a rear end. Looking at a Detroit locker with a new precision gear. Also new Moser Engineering axles. As far as a winch do they make whole bumpers with a winch mount? I was also looking into a high-lift jack like you see on Jeeps and may take a jeep mount and modify it to work in the bed of the truck.

I would like to make it to some of the runs with the local 4 Wheel parts store when they have events so we shall see how the truck holds up once it's finished!

Tyler

Old 07-31-2009, 10:13 PM
Madathlon
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Ford06White

Definitely will be building a rear end. Looking at a Detroit locker with a new precision gear. Also new Moser Engineering axles. As far as a winch do they make whole bumpers with a winch mount? I was also looking into a high-lift jack like you see on Jeeps and may take a jeep mount and modify it to work in the bed of the truck.

I would like to make it to some of the runs with the local 4 Wheel parts store when they have events so we shall see how the truck holds up once it's finished!

Tyler
A High Lift and a farm Jack as basically the same thing. I never seen a full Bumper mount winch base for our trucks, But I use a Hitch mount front and rear, So with one Winch I can pull from Either end, You also want ground straps so you can grab a tree and a snitch block so you can double your pull strength.

Old 08-01-2009, 01:44 AM
BradyCouchman
Post Fiend
the fact that your doors are black and the rest of the inside is red i would say some put newer doors on a 67. the frames are very close to the same side and wideness up to the 90s trucks. so i bet you could find one that can be made to fit simply....

Old 08-01-2009, 08:42 AM
MidMich67
Junior User
The body says 67 but the dash does not unless there was different styles available

Mine is the same truck, 67 F-100 swb two wheel drive but I did however notice the "Ranger" badge on the bed and I'm not sure if mine is a Ranger.

Old 08-01-2009, 09:02 AM
19704X4F250
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MidMich67
The body says 67 but the dash does not unless there was different styles available

Mine is the same truck, 67 F-100 swb two wheel drive but I did however notice the "Ranger" badge on the bed and I'm not sure if mine is a Ranger.
Yep it is a 67 dash. 67 had pull type heater controls. I think 68 -72 had slider type.
Radio mount for 68 - 72 was recessed. Someone switched instrument cluster from 69-70 maybe. Ashtray pull is narrow for 67, wide for 68-72.

Old 08-02-2009, 01:48 AM
simonzelotes
Junior User
Isn't that white dash guage panel from a larger F-series truck?...

Old 08-02-2009, 05:21 AM
Redcat Diesel
Posting Guru
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by simonzelotes
Isn't that white dash guage panel from a larger F-series truck?...
The gauge panel is from a no frills base model. It has warning lights for oil pressure and charging circuits in place of gauges. The bigger trucks used round gauges.

Quick Reply: Just Bought A....