Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Ranger & B-Series
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series modelsSPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-24-2009, 10:29 PM
Senior User

Eaglefixer is starting off with a positive reputation.
96 Ranger Clutch line disconnect

I'm trying to disconnect it from the transmission but can't get it to come off. The plastic ring inside seems to be torn to hell and back. Can i buy just the plastic ring and can it be replaced while its connected so i can disconnect it. This is on my 96 Ranger 4.0
Old 07-25-2009, 11:36 AM
Senior User

seagull369 is starting off with a positive reputation.
There's a little tool that's sold to get that line disconnected. I think Haynes makes mention of this in their manual. I made a homemade one by wrapping a strip of flexible plastic around the line, slid it inside the back-end of the connector, then (gently) wiggled the connector off the transmission.

On my truck, I seem to remember the retainer that actually holds the connector in place was made of metal instead of plastic as you said.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:21 PM
Senior User

Eaglefixer is starting off with a positive reputation.
well i've changed my line from the master cylinder to the tranmission but i had to take the old plastic sleeve off the old line and install the new sleeve from the new line to to old and it popped right off. I have now bench bled the master cylinder and reconnected the line to the transmission and bled the slave cylinder but still having trouble getting this thing into 1st and 2nd and reverse without grinding. I guess i'll have to keep trying to bled this clutch system
Old 07-27-2009, 06:21 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Ranger & B-Series

Tags
92, 96, clutch, connector, cylinder, disconnect, ford, homemade, line, ranger, release, slave, tool, transmission, truck