Sponsored by:

Front door glass replacement

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 09:09 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by EXv10
I guess some write-ups rate and some don't.
I've shown appreciation and added every how-to thread you've made, Brent. So I'm not sure what you mean.

Stewart

Old 12-04-2013, 09:34 PM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
I have no need for this (at the moment) but this is really good!

Old 12-04-2013, 09:47 PM
EXv10
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Stewart_H
I've shown appreciation and added every how-to thread you've made, Brent. So I'm not sure what you mean.

Stewart
Sorry, didn't see the early Ex lock actuator thread in the Tech folder because you re-worded it (which is fine) so I thought you left it out but I found it and thanks for putting it in there I will continue to make write-ups as time goes by and of course you are the keeper of the folder

Old 12-04-2013, 10:09 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Ah, yeah, I can see how that would make you miss it.

When I add threads to the tech folder, I try to word the titles to make it easier to spot for someone looking for specific help.

For example, just last night (or was it the other day? I've lost track of time the past few days) when I added this thread, I was looking at the gear shift selector help threads. I decided to change two of the link titles for those help threads by removing the words "Transmission" because I figured anyone looking for help with their gear shift selector probably won't be looking for a thread title with the word "transmission" as the first word.

Stewart

Old 12-04-2013, 11:29 PM
EXv10
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Ah, yeah, I can see how that would make you miss it.

When I add threads to the tech folder, I try to word the titles to make it easier to spot for someone looking for specific help.

For example, just last night (or was it the other day? I've lost track of time the past few days) when I added this thread, I was looking at the gear shift selector help threads. I decided to change two of the link titles for those help threads by removing the words "Transmission" because I figured anyone looking for help with their gear shift selector probably won't be looking for a thread title with the word "transmission" as the first word.

Stewart
Kinda like looking for stuff on Ebay.

Old 12-05-2013, 12:17 AM
wallz
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Created in '09, yet this is the first time I've seen the thread (contrary to popular belief, I don't read every single thread posted in the Ex forum ). And since it was posted in '09, this begs the question: Why didn't you lemme know about this great pictorial how-to thread back when I asked peeps to let know know about threads to be included in the tech folder, when I reformatted it?

Well done!

Stewart

There were times that I wasn't always on and I might have missed that thread about you asking.
I don't seem to always get notifications that the threads I'm in get posted to also.

Makes me think next time I replace my windshield I'll have to do a write up on that also for those that want to attempt that on their own. More office work now than grunt work or i would have one up sooner for w/s.

Old 12-05-2013, 12:25 AM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by wallz
There were times that I wasn't always on and I might have missed that thread about you asking.
Oh I meant that all in good fun, brother.

But while we're on the subject, if you know of any good how-to threads that you have bookmarked and they aren't in the tech folder, feel free to let me know about them.

Stewart

Old 12-05-2013, 12:43 AM
wallz
Postmaster
Old 12-05-2013, 01:04 AM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
I do now!

Stewart

Old 12-06-2013, 10:43 AM
LMarble
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Also,
This thread was the only one I found while searching that mentioned the new thicker glass in the 99-07's. Since I'm adding Dynamat like stuff and 1lb Mass loaded vinyl, I thought thicker glass would also help.

I went out to walk the dog Thanksgiving morning and my passenger window was shattered. I thought..... well my next thought was, Maybe my 6th thought was search for f250 door glass replacement. That's when I found this and there was thicker quiet glass in Super duty's starting in 08.

The tint was holding it in place. 100 miles from home, plastic bag? No, I aluminum taped in 1/2" ridged house foam. It made a quiet ride home. Cross braced and taped the inside. That kept the glass from falling in.

I called Safelite and they would only quote same year. fyi 159.00 replaced. They also said it wouldn't be PPG or Carlite. My service manager friend referred me to their place. Called him, he told me his book said it would fit and it was the same price 215 installed.

Thanks to all here
LM

Old 03-05-2015, 01:14 PM
gypsy55
New User
Looking for replacement right side passenger window

So, I'm trying to find a replacement window for my 2000 Ford excursion xlt Triton V10, some idiot at a bar I was at shattered my window a few months ago. Having a hard time finding my exact vehicle at the used auto parts lots. Are there other Ford trucks that have the same size glass window that I can get it off of, that will fit my truck? I would greatly appreciate the help. Thank you

Old 03-05-2015, 02:33 PM
wallz
Postmaster
Originally Posted by gypsy55
So, I'm trying to find a replacement window for my 2000 Ford excursion xlt Triton V10, some idiot at a bar I was at shattered my window a few months ago. Having a hard time finding my exact vehicle at the used auto parts lots. Are there other Ford trucks that have the same size glass window that I can get it off of, that will fit my truck? I would greatly appreciate the help. Thank you

Any F250, 350, 450 truck glass from year 99-07 will fit. Not for sure on the 08, but apparently the front doors are the same as the X

Old 03-05-2015, 02:46 PM
gypsy55
New User
Originally Posted by wallz
Any F250, 350, 450 truck glass from year 99-07 will fit. Not for sure on the 08, but apparently the front doors are the same as the X
THANK YOU! That helps alot

Old 06-25-2015, 06:28 PM
jeffvan
New User
It worked perfectly

Thanks for the info, followed your steps and it all finished perfectly! Again thanks for the post!

Old 02-14-2022, 08:28 PM
05dsg250
Trailering
Originally Posted by 71-4R3SONS
Excellent write up... rep points sent your way.

I'm going to have to replace my front glass someday... there was a TSB issued regarding the exterior door window "rubber swiper". My X was never fixed... therefore scratches.

What is this TSB you speak of, I’ll be honest I did a quick search and couldn’t find anything but haven’t spent a ton of time. My windows were all scratched up in my ‘05 250 I had and now the ‘05 Excursion I bought is even worse. I’d love to get new glass and have the cause of that resolved as well. Any help with correcting this would be great, thanks.

Quick Reply: Front door glass replacement