Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Paint & Bodywork
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Paint & Bodywork SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-18-2009, 03:36 PM
Posting Guru

phoneman91 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.phoneman91 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Interior plastic paint to match factory plastic??

Does anyone know of a source to get paint for the dash that will match the original paint that Ford painted the dash at the factory??

I don't want to use a generic paint-I dont want to have to repaint all of the interior plastic parts of my truck-I just want to do some touch up of the original factory paint on the dash. I need a perfect match.

My truck is a 1992 F150 with the factory "Granite" interior color-Ford calls it code "J" on the VIN sticker.
92 F150 XLT 4x4, SWB, 5.0 V8, 5sp ,123k on M1/Amsoil synthetic oil. Power everything. Trailering/Handling option(stabilizer bars front /rear and quad shocks).Factory skid plates,manual hubs, manual Tcase, Super Cooling. 4.09/4.10LS axles. 31'' BFG KO tires. 20.3 MPG @ 60 MPH.4350 lbs with full tank of gas!! 2150RPM@60MPH All options but 4!
Old 07-18-2009, 04:51 PM

lsrx101 has a very good reputation on FTE.lsrx101 has a very good reputation on FTE.lsrx101 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Dupli-Color makes vinyl/plastic paint that is available almost anywhere. In my experience it rarely matches, though.
I've had the best luck with SEM brand paints for interior parts. Check with a local automotive paint store. It's about $13 per can.
I replaced some interior parts recently with aftermarket pieces and used the SEM product on everything else. (Interior color change, Light blue to dark blue). The match was perfect. On your original parts, you may not get a perfect match due to fading of the original pieces.
The SEM product sprayed and laid out great too. You could almost just throw the can at the parts and it would look good.
Don't forget to use the recommended adhesion promoter.
Old 07-19-2009, 09:29 AM
Postmaster

uncle.stosh has a good reputation on FTE.uncle.stosh has a good reputation on FTE.
I'll second SEM products.

My local supplier can mix up any color of SEM that you need. Take a piece of your interior with you and they should be able to color match it with their computerized system (if they have one).
Old 07-21-2009, 01:34 PM
Senior User

girlwithatruck is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.girlwithatruck is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
One more vote for teh SEM products. I've been using them (and their prep system) on the interior plastic and vinyl finishes on my f100 and they look fantastic.

RIP:1980 F100 Custom Flareside; 2wd; Manual; 300 I6; SROD Man 4 on the floor with OD

Old 07-21-2009, 02:24 PM
Postmaster

ghunt is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
FWIW, I used the blue duplicolor vinyl/plastic paint on my pillar pod when I installed it. It matches the other blue plastic in my interior almost exactly. I was pretty happy with it.

Old 07-21-2009, 02:46 PM
Posting Guru

phoneman91 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.phoneman91 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I found out that the Granite J code that matches the 92 and 93 F150 interior dark grey has PPG code of 34611 (semi gloss) or 34685 (Low gloss) UCV2-1357. See this webpage:http://www.tcpglobal.com/aclchip.asp...truck-pg03.jpg

SEM will also make this interior paint-but only at a quart minimum-or in a spray can as special order.http://semproducts.com/?home=1

www.paintscratch.com will be willing to make touch up bottle of it or spray can or larger amount. I have done business with this company before and the paint is always a perfect match.
92 F150 XLT 4x4, SWB, 5.0 V8, 5sp ,123k on M1/Amsoil synthetic oil. Power everything. Trailering/Handling option(stabilizer bars front /rear and quad shocks).Factory skid plates,manual hubs, manual Tcase, Super Cooling. 4.09/4.10LS axles. 31'' BFG KO tires. 20.3 MPG @ 60 MPH.4350 lbs with full tank of gas!! 2150RPM@60MPH All options but 4!
Old 07-21-2009, 02:46 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Paint & Bodywork

Tags
1986, 1994, 2001, color, colors, f150, factory, ford, interior, match, matched, paint, plastic, touch, truck, vinyl