2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting a Tonneau Cover

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 08:49 AM
Sldrvr_1
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okayfrom another owner of Pparagon owner. First let me say that when you go on to paragons website it clearly states that it is not water proof nor are many others. Does it have issues... yes but so do all the rest. Here is what I have experianced so far. I have only had it two months so a long term durability assessments will have to wait.

1) It is tricky to retract at first due to the stifnesss in the shocks.
2) The ramp system that allows it to fold like an according does hamper things when trying to open the cover with large boxes.
3) It does have some leakage due to the seals in between the panels.
4) Customer service people were real helpful when I called with an installation issue.
5) Made in the USA
6) Cost $300 to $900 less than other locable retractable metal tonneau's

After conducting my research I chose this cover because it met my needs and fit within my budget. I fully understand the limitations of the product and I plan accordingly. Would I buy the product again for the reasons I explained yes...if compelte water tight is what your looking for no. I hope this has been helpful.

Old 08-06-2009, 10:24 AM
TruckDaddy
Elder User
If you're happy with it and you are willing to put up with its limitations, then OK. But, you've had it two months and it leaks between the panels. I'm guessing that most people would not put up with that.

Old 08-06-2009, 11:57 AM
pvstansel
Freshman User
Since I started this topic, I thot I'd close with what I decided.

Clearly, there are tons of choices with Tonneau covers. There is enough FUD (Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt) on the Peregan product to make me reconsider/rethink which product, and which type of Tonneau cover would fit my needs best.

I ended up going with an Armor Lid (next Generation Armor Lid). I needed to get a cap quickly, it was in-stock at local shop (I like to support my local shops as much as possible), and the price was good.

In comparing it to an UnderCover, the caps are almost identical. If my local shop stocked the UnderCover, it would have been a coin-toss.

What I like about the ArmorLid:
Cost, low-maint, seems to reduce interior truck noise (insulated/quieter), warranty, very easy to remove, rugged.

What I don't like:
Kinda shiny (extra UV protection?). Maybe it will dull abit over time.

Thanks for all the responses. This is a great forum.