How To Get an X-Plan PIN - For about $20

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 06:12 AM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
Talking How To Get an X-Plan PIN - For about $20

I just recently found out about this...and it is legitimate. Hopefully this will help get some folks into a new F-150....or any Ford/Lincoln/Mercury vehicle

1. How It Works:
a. You have to own Ford stock
Go buy 1 or 1,000 Ford shares

apparently any quantity works...but hey, buy a few. Ford is a great Company with awesome vehicles
b. Print off proof of the Ford stock ownership
c. Using the Form provided below, fax off your proof of ownership
d. Within a few hours to a few days, you will be sent your very own Ford X-Plan PIN #.
2. How You Use It:
a. Get your X-Plan Pin
b. Visit your local Dealership
c. IDENTIFY YOURSELF AS A X-PLAN BUYER
d. Pick your vehicle
e. Ask to see the Invoice
The Invoice will have the X-Plan price at the lower right.

Dealer is required to show you the real Invoice...if they don't, LEAVE...Something shady going on.
f. Make Your Deal
X-Plan Price is non-negotiable.

But, the Dealership is not required to accept X-Plan...it is their perogative.

All Applicable Rebates are still valid...only rebate that I know is specifically void is the $500 Military rebate...so you should recieve all other Incentives
g. You will get a X-Plan worksheet
READ IT...AND MAKE SURE THE #'S MATCH. DON'T SIGN UNLESS YOU ARE 100% SURE WHAT IT MEANS
h. Do the financing
i. Drive home Happy you saved Thousands of $$$$

I first found out about this deal via BradBarnett.Net.

I highly suggest that people jump on this deal while they can. Not sure how long Ford will continue this process once the Bandwagon gets rolling

@ Mods: I'm pretty sure this doesn't violate any rules. I hope not at least. This is a Ford promotion that just isn't very well publicised.

Old 07-08-2009, 06:18 AM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

alternatively, you can ask around and hopefully a Ford Employee can give you a X-Plan pin. That is how I got mine. I had already bought my stock when 2 outstanding people offered me a PIN.

Thank you guys very much if you read this.

For reference, here is how the X-Plan Pin helped me out on the 2009 Bullitt I just bought.

Dealer Price - $37,999
MSRP - $34,500
X-Plan - $31,741

So I instantly saved $2759.00 off MSRP with zero negotiating, and about $6,000 from the B.S. Dealership pricing...you are going to be hard pressed to negotiate anything even remotely close.

Then I got $4,000 in rebates.

X-Plan: $31,741
Rebates: $4,000
Final Price: $27,741.00 + TT&L...down from $34,500

X-plan also caps the Doc Fee Dealers can charge to $75...period

Old 07-08-2009, 06:33 AM
3bands
Junior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can give those out for free. 4 in a year.

Old 07-08-2009, 07:46 AM
broncobran68
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No man you were supposed to get an F150 not a stang. Congrats though I really want a mustang too. Green or black?

Old 07-08-2009, 01:41 PM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

Green...F-150 I was after was just outside my budget even with X-Plan. Could have done a XLT I guess, but I wanted a FX4 or nothing...so I did the more sensible thing and saved a few thousand more $$$ and did the Mustang.
Originally Posted by 3bands
I can give those out for free. 4 in a year.
that is great...but it is quite hard to get guys like you paired up with guys looking to buy. Took me 3 weeks and 3 different Ford forums before a gentleman helped me out.
vice the stock method that takes about 2-3 days roughly and you own the PIN...$20 (roughly) to save $2-3,000 is a very good deal IMO

appreciate it though...but if you could stop by this thread and occasionally help a fellow Ford buyer out, that woud be awesome.
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/6...st-thread.html

Old 07-08-2009, 02:30 PM
Aztrainer
Posting Guru
I work with a woman that husband is a salesman. She stated that he would get me any truck for the Friends and Family price. Is that better than the X-plan?

Old 07-08-2009, 08:27 PM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

that is X-Plan most likely...or could be A or D plan. You'd have to ask him specifically

My PIN had the Friend and Family stuff along with it as well. Like the guy above said, Ford Employee's can hand out 4 pins to Friends & Family per year.

Old 07-09-2009, 12:34 AM
HankMurphy
Tuned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
I purchased two vehicles with X-plan PINs last year. Let me elaborate on a couple of points.

First, if you buy through a brokerage account, it will be mmore than a few days, and certainly more than $20 with commissions. (Depends upon your brokerage and account terms, of course.

If you buy through the Computershare direct purchase program, link here:

https://www-us.computershare.com/inv...layPlanSummary

The minimum purchase is $500 at present. IIRC it was less in the past. This will be a dividend reinvestment plan (DRIP) whenever Ford starts paying a dividend again.

Bear in mind that these are investments -- not costs. You could sell your Ford stock after buying the truck and basically only be out the commissions. Commissions are very low in the direct purchase plan.

As far as the lowest price, I think that the Employee pricing program wound up being very slightly below the X-plan price. Except for that aberration, X-plan gives the best generally available discount. You can save your haggling skills for the trade in.

Finally, the car buying advice forum elsewhere in FTE is a good place to link up with someone who can provide you an X-plan PIN if you don't or can't make an investment in Ford stock at this time. (I bought several hundred shares in February, and it's been a stellar performer. As always, you should ask for and read the prospectus before investing in any company.)

Good luck and happy shopping,

Old 07-10-2009, 03:06 AM
78bigbronco
Fleet Mechanic
I just used the X-Plan for the first time (got it through work)... I custom ordered an 09 from the factory and it was painless. Didnt save a boat load though, depending on the model the savings vary... I'd have to double check my paperwork but it only took about $1500 off the MSRP. Of course it did cap the document fees too so perhaps a little there, not sure what the dealer would have charged otherwise. I think the most base model 2wd regular cab the savings would be under $1k.

But I am pretty happy, no hassle or haggle, I upgraded to the Super Duty for free basically, and got the options I wanted that I couldnt get in a half ton. I am gonna really miss my '150 and the new 150s seem pretty nice but just couldnt pass up the oppurtunity to upsize and get what I wanted even if its technically a 'downgrade' by most standards lol.

Old 07-10-2009, 05:15 AM
svt2205
Posting Guru
A little more to consider here. I too am a Ford stock holder and X Plan purchaser. I would suggest that you do not follow their instructions and identify yourself as an X plan purchaser. There are dealers out there who's regular selling price can actually be less. Do some up front homework, namely call the sales manager and inquire about their pricing policy, do they run at or below invoice. Some will answer this sort of question, if they dance. Go elsewhere.

Additionally, plan participants are sometimes eligible for additional rebates on top of the publically available incentives. Be sure to ask your sales person to look. When I bought my 07, there was an extra 750 available. The dealer didn't know Ford even did this.

I've been buying Fords thru with X plan since the late 90's so I've learned a few more tricks.

Hey Tylus, congrats on the new toy. I'm sure Paul Newitt would like to add your Bullitt to his registry. You can find him thru either his site http://www.pmndesigns.com/GTCS.htm or the SAAC site. http://saacforum.com/index.php?topic=4419.0 http://saacforum.com/index.php?board=52.0

Old 07-10-2009, 07:23 AM
3bands
Junior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here is my email if you need a pin jbpomante@yahoo.com it is not that hard to do a couple of phone calls and that is it, Ford wants us to use them to sell there products.Sometimes they give us 6 which I might have this year, so start buying folks.

The following users liked this post:
Old 07-10-2009, 08:21 AM
YoGeorge
Logistics Pro
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
The dealers around here can get a number, or use Costco...

In Detroit, the large dealers usually have enough connections with Ford employees that they can get you a number, at least the larger, more aggressive dealers. My '02 E150, purchased in March 2003, was X Plan.

Also, Costco has a car purchasing program as part of their membership, and the participating Ford dealers (one of them being the dealer where I bought my van) set their Costco prices right at X Plan level.

Not sure if this is going to be the case in other geographic areas.

George

Old 07-11-2009, 04:31 AM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

it's funny, but I thought for sure that more people would be interested in a cheap effective way to get a Ford vehicle for litterally what can be THOUSANDS OF $$$ LESS (depending on the model of course) than if you just went and negotiated.

I know the economy is in the ****hole, but people are still buying new cars

oh well
Originally Posted by YoGeorge
Also, Costco has a car purchasing program as part of their membership, and the participating Ford dealers (one of them being the dealer where I bought my van) set their Costco prices right at X Plan level.
that is how I bought my 2006 F-150

MSRP of $44,000

told them I wanted the Costco Plan price and it was instantly $36,500 - $5,500 in rebates. of course I had to go spend $45 to get a membership real quick...but that was no biggie

another great purchase plan if you have a participating dealer...they don't play that game out here in Hawaii though.
Originally Posted by svt2205
Hey Tylus, congrats on the new toy. I'm sure Paul Newitt would like to add your Bullitt to his registry. You can find him thru either his site http://www.pmndesigns.com/GTCS.htm or the SAAC site. http://saacforum.com/index.php?topic=4419.0 http://saacforum.com/index.php?board=52.0
I think he is only after the GT/CS and Shelby cars.

Either way, Ford is supposedly working on a Official Certificate like the Cobra got...hoping it will be out this fall. I'm going to pick that up and get it framed...otherwise, this car will probably be hanging out in my driveway for awhile

Old 07-25-2009, 11:23 PM
deucesteward
New User
3bands,

you got mail...I'll take u up on that offer.

Old 07-26-2009, 07:17 AM
shorebird
Hotshot
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I did the X-plan last August. I got the PIN by asking Ford Customer Service for one. I explained that I was a dedicated Ford buyer and they verified the past and current ownership of several vehicles. I had my # the next day. Between the X-plan and rebates I saved just under $10k off MSRP for my '08 FX2 Sport.

Quick Reply: How To Get an X-Plan PIN - For about $20