Kansas Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Flip4ford

Made it to Ohio.. almost didn't

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 05:53 AM
Garden Spyder
Hotshot
Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts
Made it to Ohio.. almost didn't

My flight was great from KC, to Atlanta... Till we taxied in the runway and was met by a bunch of fire trucks..

Apparently our plane was on fire..

They didn't announce it, they just started spraying down the areas that were smoking...

They wouldn't let us off the plane till the fire was out. I guess once it spread to the cockpit, then we could march out in an orderly fashion...

My next flight was delayed an hour, because they couldn't find a crew to fly it.

When they finally did, the boarded us, then after 45 minutes of sitting there waiting to take off, they unloaded us, it seams one of the doors had fallen off its hinges, and they weren't going to let us fly out without a door.

So its back off the plane.

They made an announcement... This flight has been cancelled, you are now to go to the ticket counter and find a new flight... YEAH... Like that is my responsibility......

I get to the ticket counter, the ignorant woman takes my ticket, scans it, and hands me back a motel voucher, meal voucher, and a new flight ticket, for Tuesday at 8:45pm. "I am sorry sir.. this is the earliest flight we have available."" I later found out the ticket would have flown me to Cleveland, then I would have to find another way to Canton from there.. Fools...

I went to the phone and contacted Delta.. again... same phrase.. must be something they teach them in training... I explained that I must be here by 8:00 am and she said...well, you can try to go standby...

so I waited till 8:45 in the airport for standby, which paid off, and got me to Ohio, but it was about 7 hours late compared to the tickets I agreed to..

I hate flying...

To add insult to injury, I started out with a brand new suitcase yesterday... when I arrived, it was shredded, broken, disabled, and demolished...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!! !!

Old 07-07-2009, 06:49 AM
Flip4ford
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 105 Likes on 99 Posts
The suitcase was damaged from the firebomb you placed in it -- killing the other flight crew --- You terrorists need to be more careful.

Old 07-07-2009, 07:12 AM
HappyJack
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I don't like Alanta. Seems they are just way over booked and the place is (or was the last time I flew) like a run down bus station. My brother won't fly through there. Other airports are like that I have been told. But that is were you go if you get the cheap tickets. Or if someone else who is trying to save money is buying the tickets that's what you'll get.

Old 07-07-2009, 07:15 AM
82'Stepside
Cargo Master
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Sounds like a major pain in the azz, but at least ya arrived (non-bbq'd) right?

Good luck with the rest of your trip!

Old 07-07-2009, 07:15 AM
Flip4ford
FTE Chapter Leader
SO I make fun of your situation and the gods of fate get me--- waterpipe in basement burst--- drowning my stereo equipment... to top it off wifey says "well I heard something last night but didn't think much of it" I need to replacce the main water shutt off valve :-(

Old 07-07-2009, 07:25 AM
HappyJack
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Man. Thats tough for sure. My insurance covers that I think. Might give them a call and see.

Old 07-07-2009, 08:09 AM
Garden Spyder
Hotshot
dude.. that sucks..

Old 07-07-2009, 08:20 AM
74 bronco
Fleet Mechanic
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
KC to Ohio not that far you could of got their faster driving. I know about being in Alanta airport for 8 hour one day it suck.

Old 07-07-2009, 10:45 AM
husker
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts
Daughter had a similar experience coming back to KS from Michigan. Flight delayed in Grand Rapids, on the plane, off the plane, different airline to Chicago instead of Milwaulkee, etc. and she was traveling with two toddlers. She was to get into KCI at 3:00, and was lucky and got there at 6:00.

Flip, remember the my "Do they come in Threes?" thread.

Old 07-07-2009, 02:50 PM
mikebon08
Posting Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Five years ago, wife and I got to spend a night on the floor in DFW....supposed to get in with time to catch the last flight to Wichita, but had to make laps because of a thunderstorm, landed in OKC to refuel, got to DFW about three hours late. The only thing the airline did was get a bigger plane for the first flight the next morning so they could carry a few more of us, otherwise we would have been stuck half the next day too.

The fun thing was, I was supposed to start a new job that morning. So I got to start off by coming in at noon, half-asleep and stiff as a board.

Old 07-07-2009, 10:24 PM
fordboy_52
Lead Driver
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
sooooooo, are u telling me that flying on 4 planes on one day isnt a good idea?

in aug i go from champagne ill to Chicago, Chicago to omaha, omaha to dallas, dallas to las vegas, all in ONE DAY

Old 07-08-2009, 05:47 AM
Garden Spyder
Hotshot
Yep, just drop down to I-70 and cruize on in to Colorado and hang with us instead.. it will probably cost you less in the long run.

Old 07-08-2009, 05:58 AM
Flip4ford
FTE Chapter Leader
Well pipe is fixed-- plumber was here within the hour, and gone within the hour... new ball valve. Drying out the 2 amps-- hoping they are ok.

Old 07-08-2009, 06:55 AM
Garden Spyder
Hotshot
MSN reccommended soaking electronics in rubbing alchohal if you get them wet, such as cell phones, pagers, mp3 players.. dunno if it works, but it kind of makes sense.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:28 AM
Flip4ford
FTE Chapter Leader
Trried that put them in a larg bucket of vadka but it arched and sparked--- where they supposed to be unplugged? :-) ha ha ha I sprayed them down with some older moisture remover that will give anyone in a 10 mile radius cancer - so they quit making it. I hope it does the trick.

Quick Reply: Made it to Ohio.. almost didn't