Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Nebraska Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Nebraska Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: 97nukeford

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-06-2009, 11:40 PM
Posting Guru

Holiver31 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Holiver31 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Build Update

For some reason or another Firefox wouldn't let me copy the IMG code.

http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/t...1/DSC02800.jpg

http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/t...1/DSC02801.jpg

http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/t...1/DSC02802.jpg

http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/t...1/DSC02803.jpg

http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/t...1/DSC02804.jpg

http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/t...1/DSC02805.jpg

http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/t...1/DSC02807.jpg

http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/t...1/DSC02808.jpg

http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/t...1/DSC02809.jpg

http://s613.photobucket.com/albums/t...01_1_mpeg4.flv

well here you guys go! still workin on my screw up,,you can see the first coat over it on i think the 3rd pic. Threw in a video of my exhaust as well.

here is the link to the page on the 73-79 forum

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/81...tore-it-3.html
It's an internet forum, get used to it. It's like having a drunk conversation with every single person in the bar minus the "I love you man". "I've seen far more abnormal and unexplainable things at Wal-Mart than I have out in the deep woods." "My drinking crew has a racing problem, or vice versa..."
Old 07-07-2009, 09:33 PM
Posting Guru

jseim44 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.jseim44 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
The exhaust sounds good in that thing. What are you running? What engine? Sounds like it might have a bit of a hot cam in it!!

-Jake

69 F-250 "Mild" 390/C6 3.54 LS 3rd Generation Family Owner
74 F-250 4x4 390/C6 4.10 LS 3rd Generation Family Owner
05 F-250 FX4 Off Road 6.0/Auto
Old 07-08-2009, 12:10 AM
Posting Guru

Holiver31 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Holiver31 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jseim44 View Post
The exhaust sounds good in that thing. What are you running? What engine? Sounds like it might have a bit of a hot cam in it!!

-Jake
I wish i knew! haha It's a 400, and to my knowledge it's stock, but it's 30 some years old so anything is possible I guess. I'll check with the previous owner and see what he says about it. It's running 2 1/4 tubes, manifolds, glasspacks, no cats.
It's an internet forum, get used to it. It's like having a drunk conversation with every single person in the bar minus the "I love you man". "I've seen far more abnormal and unexplainable things at Wal-Mart than I have out in the deep woods." "My drinking crew has a racing problem, or vice versa..."
Old 07-08-2009, 12:21 AM
Posting Guru

What does anyone else think? Sound like it's got a beefier cam in it? I've never heard another 400 with this exhaust setup so I wouldn't be able to tell.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:03 AM
Post when I get chance

bucks77ford has a very good reputation on FTE.bucks77ford has a very good reputation on FTE.bucks77ford has a very good reputation on FTE.bucks77ford has a very good reputation on FTE.
Truck sounds good. I like the color. It really changes the truck don't it. I see you didn't bother removing the trim ring like you asked how in the other forum.

77 F250 4x4 Highboy 521 stroker
75 F250 2wd Supercab 460
Old 07-10-2009, 01:08 AM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucks77ford View Post
Truck sounds good. I like the color. It really changes the truck don't it. I see you didn't bother removing the trim ring like you asked how in the other forum.
Got to lookin at it, and it's just plain out a pain in the ***. What I think I'll do is just sand the chrome strip around the inside back then coat the rest in clear to keep it from chipping to bad. And I'm still workin on my screw up on the passenger door! Christ this is takin forever! What color should I go with for the exterior? Here are the 2 I'm lookin at- http://www.paintforcars.com/kits_gunmetal.html
http://www.paintforcars.com/kits_silvermetallic.html
Old 07-11-2009, 02:03 AM
Post when I get chance

bucks77ford has a very good reputation on FTE.bucks77ford has a very good reputation on FTE.bucks77ford has a very good reputation on FTE.bucks77ford has a very good reputation on FTE.
I'd go with the first color. I think that would look awesome on an exterior.

77 F250 4x4 Highboy 521 stroker
75 F250 2wd Supercab 460
Old 07-11-2009, 04:46 PM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucks77ford View Post
I'd go with the first color. I think that would look awesome on an exterior.
I was thinking the same thing,,I'm afraid that the second one would be to "loud"
Old 07-11-2009, 05:06 PM
South Dakota Chapter Ldr

cowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputation
Sounds good! My truck has a rebuilt 400 in it, with headers and dual flowmasters on it. It's a tad quieter than yours sounds.

I like the first color you listed above too. If I had found my truck before the guy restoring had already painted it, I would have went with either a silver/gray or dark blue. I get lots of compliments on the bright red, however.

Official #10 Slackmaster/#13 Big BS'er
Winter Enthusiast!
Click Here to Join the South Dakota Chapter
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOESTNER View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Rob is insane and should be institutionalized.
Old 07-11-2009, 06:59 PM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboywanabe View Post
Sounds good! My truck has a rebuilt 400 in it, with headers and dual flowmasters on it. It's a tad quieter than yours sounds.

I like the first color you listed above too. If I had found my truck before the guy restoring had already painted it, I would have went with either a silver/gray or dark blue. I get lots of compliments on the bright red, however.
Are you running any cats? What series flowmasters are you using and how do they sound? I was afraid of spending the extra dough on flowmasters then get stuck with the annoying *** droning that they can make.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:55 PM
Posting Guru

Painting done. Few touch ups left but other than that the interior is pretty close to being done.

Click the image to open in full size.
Meet Chaz, designated Co-Pilot.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:51 PM
South Dakota Chapter Ldr

cowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holiver31 View Post
Are you running any cats? What series flowmasters are you using and how do they sound? I was afraid of spending the extra dough on flowmasters then get stuck with the annoying *** droning that they can make.

Hey man, sorry I never came back and answered your questions.... I actually don't know what series the flow masters are. The guy that did the truck put them on about 3 years ago, right before he started the resto.

No cats on it. If I can figure out how to do it, I'll try and get a recording made and posted.

By the way, the seats look great! What year truck did you get those from?

Official #10 Slackmaster/#13 Big BS'er
Winter Enthusiast!
Click Here to Join the South Dakota Chapter
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOESTNER View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Rob is insane and should be institutionalized.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:11 PM
Posting Guru

Got them out of an 03 f150. Only $100.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:50 PM
Posting Guru

jseim44 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.jseim44 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
The seats caught my eye as well. Was that a hard install?

-Jake

69 F-250 "Mild" 390/C6 3.54 LS 3rd Generation Family Owner
74 F-250 4x4 390/C6 4.10 LS 3rd Generation Family Owner
05 F-250 FX4 Off Road 6.0/Auto
Old 07-30-2009, 09:45 PM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jseim44 View Post
The seats caught my eye as well. Was that a hard install?

-Jake
Nope, bought brackets from a member here on FTE that bolted them right in.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:45 PM