Originally Posted by jr32560
i knew Charlie could figure out something to tell ya
yeah, he's a good bull shi.er

Old 07-08-2009, 06:29 AM
axisprop
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dustybumpers
the people with the nice pool. I live about .2 mile down on the right.no, not the one that looks like a junk yard, 2 more drive ways down from him.ok, how does the fill hook up, straight in, or is there a hose? how much dirt is on top of the tank?.reason I am asking this, you have no check engine light [cel], or water in fuel []wif]. truck runs great then " gets a head ache". if high pressure pump were bad, it would just quit. I am concerned that your fuel tank may have sand, or dirt, or bark mulch in it. possible, when filling, to get some in it, just by accedent. you had no problem last winter, until warm weather, so has to be something like that. I did get a bad tank of fuel from doors, earlier in the spring, had to change the filter on my skid loader 2 times, finnally ok now. clean the top of the tank real well, and look at where the fuel lines hook up, see if the gasket there may be leaking a little. I may have you pull the assembly out, and instal a new sock on the bottom of the pick up. that would help, but if the fuel is contaminated with dirt, the tank will have to be cleaned. the reason I ask if straight in fill, or hose, I would like you to get a sample from the bottom of the tank, if straight in, no problem, if hose, clean the area well, and remove the hose, stick a turkey baster in as far as you can, and get a sample, put it in a clear contained, and shake it up, let it settle, and let me know what you find. you may want to drive, and bounce the truck around to get it stirred up. take 2, or 3 samples.

You know I think you are right on, I will do everything you said, there is dirt / sand at the filler of gas tank, and now that I think of it, this issue only really happens when it is under a quarter tank, and on most days the reason why it happens in afternoon, or hotter part of day would be because we are under a quarter tank.

It has a straight filler, I will take a fuel sample soon, replace the sock and replace the fuel a filter again. I am hoping I do not have to drop the tank and do you think I would be able to just try and run it empty in driveway one day then replace all the filters again? This makes so much sense.

The house we maintain is the one with the nice pool, they are some of the nicest people, I am really greatfull to have clients like them.

Old 07-08-2009, 05:22 PM
dustybumpers
FTE Legend
cool deal. get your parts together then let it go below 1/4, siphon out the rest when you pull the pick up. make sure to get a new o ring for the pick up . once pick up is out, you should have enough room to sneek a rag in and try to get most of the dirt out. when you put it back together, try putting a little atf on the o ring, helps when it slides back together. good luck, and I hope this cures the problem!!!

Old 07-08-2009, 05:26 PM
dustybumpers
FTE Legend
never run that truck dry. the high pressure fuel pump depends on the fuel to cool it. if dry will burn up quickly $440 to replace it. plus, a diesel is not very friendly to start back up when it has run out of fuel...