Lance camper truck bed wiring

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 04:11 PM
surveyguy
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oh, ok. What boat do you have? i do have a hitch extension, but when i've used my jetskiis this year (double trailer) i didn't use the extension (because i need to extend my wiring) i got by just fine, just no "radical" turning while backing.

Old 07-11-2009, 04:35 PM
Jetmx
Freshman User
Actually I have 2 boats & a kayak. The heavy one is a Lund Pro Sport 1700 (around 3000#'s) I use only in fresh water lakes, rivers & delta. The other one is a 13' Achilles inflatable I use for Abalone diving & inshore rockfishing. When I fish non gas powered waters I put on an electric motor or use my kayak. I'd include a pic, but I don't know how.

Old 09-18-2010, 05:18 PM
jonsk
Senior User
I thought that plugging into the 7 pin at the rear of the truck would cause charging problems because of the 12 awg wire instead of the 8 awg. I was going to go that route but im afraid of any electrical issues, so i will do the lance plug in my bed when i get my camper next week..

Old 06-13-2011, 02:00 PM
kapena nemo
New User
Unhappy Killing my battery slowly with it drain

I have a 1999 Lance 1130 on the back of a 2000 F-350 4x4 V-10 Lariat extended cab.

The 350 I bought new with camper and trailer packages.

My problem.

Last summer on vacation I realized I wasn't getting a charge off of the truck to the camper battery. It was going dead while I was on the road during the day.
The camper generator does charge the system.
So, I could cope, by running the generator when the truck should be carrying the load.

The Lance people tell me there is a dedicated fuse under the hood for the camper. All I have to do is find it.

But, there is nothing in the owner's manual, or the shop manual which details which fuse I should be looking at.

I've checked the box in front of the driver. All the 50 amp and 30 amp fuses look good.
Even so, there is nothing in the literature which would indicate that one of them is the culprit.

The connector is a six pin half moon configuration.

I gather that the black wire should be hot for house power to the camper.

I did try to get the Lance people to look at it, but they say that the earliest they can see it after I drive the 100 miles to their shop is three weeks from now.

My wife is outside right now cleaning the camper inside and out.
She is ready to go on vacation today.
My job is to correct the wiring problem with the camper battery not recharging!

I'm toying with the idea of just running a hot line from the truck battery, through a 30 amp fuse and a isolator switch to the house battery, ala my boat.
I did this on a previous camper, and it worked like a charm until the day I traded up to the Lance and 350.
But it seems a little lazy and "too easy," and I would be apologizing every time someone who knew what should be looked at what would be.

Mostly I would like to know where the camper wiring system fuse is located on the truck.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Nemo:

Old 05-30-2017, 08:26 AM
Snowdaddy
New User
Can anybody tell me what year or model this Lance truck camper is? I know it's old, but it is in extremely nice condition and every thing works as it should. I would like to get some specs on it as well, and I haven't been to successful with the limited information I have on it.

BTW, the suspension on the truck has since been beefed up considerably since these pictures were taken, Timbren, Loadleveler Rear Shocks, E-rated Tires, and heavy duty shocks up front, rides like a charm now.

Attached Images