Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Canadian National Chapter > British Columbia
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

British Columbia British Columbia
Join Chapter, Leader: Zip

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-02-2009, 03:57 PM
Post Fiend

BigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputation
adrian.erks.harris adrianerksharris
Good place to stay in Vancouver?

Ok - a friend from Australia that is flying over and myself are planning a "roadtrip" to Vancouver up from LA for the paralympics (we would like to go to the Olympics, but we don't want the crowds).
We would like to stay in Vancouver for a few days or so.
What area do you recommend, and any particular place?
Would be looking for something that is reasonable - any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Adrian
Old 07-02-2009, 08:31 PM
Postmaster

Fordfanatic4life has a very good reputation on FTE.Fordfanatic4life has a very good reputation on FTE.Fordfanatic4life has a very good reputation on FTE.Fordfanatic4life has a very good reputation on FTE.
depending on when ur local, u could give me a call, i'd gladly take u round teh local area for a tour..

in the comfort of my crewcab no less..

hahah...

i live in Richmond which is rite by the YVR airport..

as far as hotels theres SOOO many, its hard to know what to recommend depending on what u want.. such as price/location or any other factor...

just PM me if ur at all interested..

"list of previous owned Fords much to long to list here.."
Old 07-03-2009, 11:25 AM
Senior User

Mr. Fixit is starting off with a positive reputation.
Adrian: it's difficult to say what the situation will be after the main Olympics are over and during the ParaOlympics. The locals are all hoping people will stay on for some time to look Vancouver over. I suspect you will have a fair amount of accommodation available to pick from (after all, it will be winter!) As to cost... heaven only knows as there is no logic in these situations. Understand that making 'good/easy' money in Canada is very difficult, so anyone in business sees the Olympics as a once-in-a-generation chance to pocket some good returns.
Try finding (on line?) a Bed & Breakfast just outside Vancouver - perhaps in Horseshoe Bay. This little village is on the way to Whistler (where many events will be held) but 30-45 minutes by car or boat from downtown Vancouver if you want to absorb some "nightlife". If you're savy, you'd take the bus downtown to avoid the parking nighmares. There might even be some water taxi services available which would be infinitely better than driving.
Expect some pretty bad traffic congestion during rush hours and at lunch time. Car break-ins (especially cars with American licence plates) are very common I'm sorry to say.
Contact Tourism BC or some other agencies to trackdown other places to stay. Many people will be opening up their homes to visitors.

All the best
Pavel up north
Old 07-06-2009, 11:53 AM
Post Fiend

BigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputation
adrian.erks.harris adrianerksharris
Thanks for the tips guys - I think the bed and breakfast in Horseshoe bay sounds good!

Maybe I should replace my California plates with Australian ones
Old 07-06-2009, 03:40 PM
Senior User

Mr. Fixit is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ya, that might help until the crocks notice the steering wheel is on the wrong side...
I don't want to overstate the possibility of a breakin but it is always wise to try avoiding trouble. Any tourist/traveller seems to be a bit of a target - I certainly was in Europe!

Cheers

Pavel up north
Old 07-06-2009, 06:21 PM
The Pacifier

bigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputation
Horseshoe Bay would be a good mid point between downtown and Whistler. Hotels should be cheaper in Whistler by the time the regular Olympics are done, as should the hotels in downtown.

I don't get in to town as often as I used to, and when I do, it's usually just for visiting family for a couple hours.

I'd actually suggest staying right in the downtown core at one of the hotels for a couple days, then in Whistler for a couple days, and then, on your way home check out White Rock for a night, or afternoon.

Keep us posted.
Old 07-06-2009, 06:21 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Canadian National Chapter > British Columbia

Tags
good, place, stay, vancouver