Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2007+ Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

View Poll Results: What color
Gray 3 18.75%
Black 6 37.50%
Camel 5 31.25%
I don't get the question 2 12.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-02-2009, 06:16 AM
Senior User

eddiemoney is starting off with a positive reputation.
Stone Interior, Floor Mat Color??

Ordered a 2010 EL Ingot Silver with strong interior. Want to get some heavy duty rubber floor mats so they are ready to go when I take delivery. Need help choosing what color of floor mats to get (as I haven't seen any good pictures of stone and haven't seen it in person).
Old 07-03-2009, 03:25 AM
Temporarily Deactivated

StephonGarnett is starting off with a positive reputation.
That's easy. All you need to do is to choose the right color, to check if its durable, and lastly if it is cheap.

Old 07-03-2009, 03:40 AM
MMC (SS) Bubblehead!

Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.
black is a universal color. it goes with almost everything.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:08 AM
Postmaster

berry1234 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I have the camel interior and I put black in there to see how I liked it. I didn't. Too much of a contrast. I put tan that is little bit darker than camel, but it matches well. Weathertech liner for the back and third row. Covers 95% of the carpet. I got the Kraco universal rubber all weather mats for the front. Works for me.

Old 07-03-2009, 12:11 PM
Posting Guru

YoGeorge is a splendid one to beholdYoGeorge is a splendid one to beholdYoGeorge is a splendid one to beholdYoGeorge is a splendid one to beholdYoGeorge is a splendid one to beholdYoGeorge is a splendid one to beholdYoGeorge is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylus View Post
black is a universal color. it goes with almost everything.
Black would be fine, but I have black rubber mats in one of my cars, and if you get in with muddy feet, the light colored mud looks pretty bad. I vote camel, or whatever other color matches the interior but maybe goes a shade or two darker.

In the long haul, it really doesn't matter. I usually think too hard about stuff like this, only to ignore it for the next 5 years if the mats do their basic job of protecting the carpet.

George
Old 07-03-2009, 12:25 PM
Postmaster

berry1234 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoGeorge View Post
Black would be fine, but I have black rubber mats in one of my cars, and if you get in with muddy feet, the light colored mud looks pretty bad. I vote camel, or whatever other color matches the interior but maybe goes a shade or two darker.

In the long haul, it really doesn't matter. I usually think too hard about stuff like this, only to ignore it for the next 5 years if the mats do their basic job of protecting the carpet.

George
I agree. Take a black towel and put it in there and see if you like it. In the end, black is easier to hide stains. My 07 Expy had all black interior. I thought man, its hard to keep lint, etc off the carpet- I wish I had a diff. color. I then got an 08 with Camel and I thought man, every speck of dirt shows up on this carpet, I wish I had black back!

Old 07-03-2009, 05:40 PM
MMC (SS) Bubblehead!

Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.
good point about the mud. Hadn't thought about that aspect.

Gotta say I agree with the Camel/Tan color based on that alone
Quote:
Originally Posted by berry1234 View Post
IMy 07 Expy had all black interior. I thought man, its hard to keep lint, etc off the carpet
too true. I can vacuum it, turn around to get something and the carpet is dirty again
Old 07-04-2009, 06:28 AM
Senior User

As a related note, does anyone have any good pictures of a stone interior? It sounds like a gray carpet with a tan/grey leather. I chose it after having black because the light colors show less wear on the leather. I saw a couple used with black interior on the lot and the leather looked 10 years old, even though it was just 1 or 2.
Old 07-06-2009, 06:30 AM
Elder User

chuck s is starting off with a positive reputation.
Click the image to open in full size.

-- Chuck
Old 07-06-2009, 07:49 AM
Senior User

Chuck, what color is your interior? Stone or Camel?
Old 07-06-2009, 12:14 PM
Freshman User

bamp is starting off with a positive reputation.
I vote for ANY color than black, shows dirt to bad, and as eddiemoney said shows wear worse than the lighter colors. FWIW.
Old 07-07-2009, 07:14 PM
Elder User

chuck s is starting off with a positive reputation.
My interior is "stone," which is Tan. Not heard of camel color. I think the options were stone and black on the XLT in '97.

These are HD mats I use to keep the mud and dirt out of the vehicle. The rear compartment cover is invaluable when we're camping.

-- Chuck
Old 07-08-2009, 08:28 AM
Senior User

Definately looks kind of light tan in those pictures. Any one have some good pictures with a stone interior of the variety of textures in the vehicle and different colors, floor, inner seats, outer seats, dash, sills, etcetera?
Old 07-08-2009, 01:56 PM
MMC (SS) Bubblehead!

have you tried going to Ford.com

build a 2009 Expy. it should give a few pictures of the different interior colors as you select them
MMC (SS) Bubblehead!

have you tried going to Ford.com

build a 2009 Expy. it should give a few pictures of the different interior colors as you select them

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator

Tags
2008, 2009, 2010, camel, carpet, code, color, colors, expedition, f150, flooring, ford, interior, leather, number, stone, truck, trucks