Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-30-2009, 03:21 PM
Senior User

Tom D is starting off with a positive reputation.
Diaphram Pump

I recently purchased a Jabsco Model 31801-1305 diapram pump. It worked great for moving my bio around. Lately it is almost impossible to prime and pumps slow. I suspect it has nitrile diaphram and valves in it. The parts breakdown shows there is vitron parts available for it but I have been unable to contact any suppliers for it.
Any suggestions?
Tom
Old 06-30-2009, 06:17 PM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom D View Post
I recently purchased a Jabsco Model 31801-1305 diapram pump. It worked great for moving my bio around. Lately it is almost impossible to prime and pumps slow. I suspect it has nitrile diaphram and valves in it. The parts breakdown shows there is vitron parts available for it but I have been unable to contact any suppliers for it.
Any suggestions?
Tom
Try here Tom: http://www.jabsco.com/distributor_lo...a-state-FL.htm

RIP Steve Price. A true friend and a tireless supporter of FTE
Old 06-30-2009, 09:30 PM
Senior User

Thanks Don
I got into their catalog but didn't have any luck with viton so I'll call and see if they're available.
Old 07-22-2009, 03:01 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabmandelux View Post
Well..so much for that plan. I can't replace the diaphram and valves on that pump (Jabsco 31801-1305) with oil resistant. Hell, I can't even replace them with OEM. I guess Jabsco doesn't manufacture that model any more. What a waste of money that was.
Old 07-22-2009, 07:28 PM
Postmaster

Rushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom D View Post
Well..so much for that plan. I can't replace the diaphram and valves on that pump (Jabsco 31801-1305) with oil resistant. Hell, I can't even replace them with OEM. I guess Jabsco doesn't manufacture that model any more. What a waste of money that was.

Hate it when that happens, go to get replacement parts and they are no longer made. Had a motor-tool that broke a $3.00 spring and ended up having to replace the whole tool because the spring is no longer made...
Trent - 2003 Excursion (Eddie Bauer) 4X4, 7.3, Hellvig antisway bar, 6637 intake mod, 4" MBRP w/ 5" tip, DP tuner, IH up-pipes, redhead steering box, 6.0 trans cooler, ISSPRO & Aeroforce gauges in A-pillar, Wicked Wheel, "Bullet Proof" Transmission rebuilt by Rapid Diesel, extra leaf spring added all around, more to follow! Gone BIO!!!
2002 TDI New Beetle - also likes Bio.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:33 AM
Elder User

DeepRoots is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I deal with these pumps.
Go look at Graingers and or McMaster Carr.
They'll find something for ya.
Old 08-03-2009, 06:33 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepRoots View Post
I deal with these pumps.
Go look at Graingers and or McMaster Carr.
They'll find something for ya.
Tks, I'll check it out.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:32 PM
Elder User

DeepRoots is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I'm not 100% on your type of pump, but with any pump of this type, don't deadhead it if you can help it, and if it has check ***** on the suction side, make sure they are seating well.
Most times these pumps are condemned it is just inability to make suction, or forcing pressure through the suction side.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:32 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels

Tags
1305, 1999, 31801, 318011305, breakdown, e40d, jabsco, parts, pump