1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

CPP and TCI Frustraition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 03:41 PM
superman64011
Tuned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CPP and TCI Frustraition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone,

Im just venting my troubles to people who would understand my mis-fortune. I have a 1955 Ford F100 with a 460 in it. Had a TCI Mustang II installed a while back. Dont trust myself to weld something so crucial. Anyway. It had the Dropped Spindles 2 " in it. After years of banging stuff and had a spring sag on the pass side after it being jacked up for 1 month while working on the brakes. I decided to change some stuff.

I had to order some stuff from CPP so I asked them if their Mustang Spindles (Regular Ride Height) and Ball joints would work with at TCI, They informed me it would. Didnt order it all together. Ordered the Spindles over a year ago and the ball joints recently.

So I installed CPP ball joints, they didnt work, never tightened up and were lose in the threads. Called CPP and they dont know what the crap is going on. So I ordered the Ball Joints from TCI, $33 bucks a piece, those fit. Yikes. So I had my reservations about the CPP Spindles, yep those dont work either. The Spindle connecting to the Steering Rack Joint is too small, not enough thread showing.

So now I have to figure out what to do with the CPP spindles I ordered over a year ago. Sell them on Ebay or something. Anybody want to buy these?

So the moral of this story is always go back to the Manufacture that you ordered from and dont trust a company that tells you their parts will work with another application.