Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Colorado Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Colorado Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: RIKIL

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-27-2009, 12:00 AM
Elder User

Oversize is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Events at Bandimere in Denver

In case anybody is interested there are a couple of events coming up here in Denver at Bandimere speedway.

Sunday 6/28 Ford Fest - Ford only racing
$30 to race $25 to show $14 for spectators

Sunday 8/02 Truck fest - Any truck you can imagine 2x4, 4x4, classics, gas, diesel, semis - racing the 1/4 mile
-awesome event Im there every year I can usually a portable dyno to test your trucks, and there is supposed to be sled pulls and a rock crawling event this year too
$30 to race/ show $14 for spectators

Some cool events if you want to show, shop, or see what you rig can do.

Earl. Former U.S. Marine, Professional driver, CAT diesel and Industrial Mech, P/T race engineer
'96 F-250 HD, SC, LB, 7.3L PSD, 5 spd, 6" lift, 35" BFG's, 3" DP, cat gut, 4"-5" stacks, 4.10's w/ LS, FPR mod, CAI, Hot pdl, HPX, DP-Tuner, Stg 1's, IDM 120, AIC, never done,...
Old 06-29-2009, 01:14 PM
Elder User

Colo79Ford is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ford Fest was a blast, Truck Fest should be even better. What do you race, and how often do you go out to the track? I am there pretty much every friday , sat, or sunday there is a race i can run in.... We have a little 2 week brake now, which is good, i can finally get some rest and give the truck some attention, its in need of a new power steering pump, alternator, and alternator bracket!!
Old 07-27-2009, 07:58 PM
Postmaster

Hypoid has a good reputation on FTE.Hypoid has a good reputation on FTE.
Bump!!!!!!

'96 Ranger XLT, 2.3L, 5-speed, 2 wheel drive.

Email me at Hypoids.haus at yahoo, visit me at RMFTC.com/forums
Old 08-04-2009, 03:37 PM
Elder User

I was pretty disappointed in myself at truckfest i wanted to go to the finals but only made it to the semi finals (last 3 of us) in Street class, and quarter finals (last 5 of us) in the Pro class.

I made 14 passes during the event, and my first pass and last pass were 11 hours apart!!!
Old 08-05-2009, 02:20 AM
Posting Guru

MustangMatt96GT has a good reputation on FTE.MustangMatt96GT has a good reputation on FTE.
Yeah, John... i heard you had a long day of racing....

i was thinking of coming up for the truck pulls in my truck but decided not to.

Infact I wont even be there on Saturday with my race car either.... more problems with it... Maybe ill bring my other stang thats in the garage right now with no engine, it will at least be fun to take another street car down the track.

1997 F350 CCLB 4x4
Never Lift Racecars
Dodge Towing Mirror Conversion
Old 08-05-2009, 02:32 PM
Elder User

Whats going on with the stang now? I know you have had problem after problem with it this year.
Old 08-05-2009, 02:46 PM
Posting Guru

MustangMatt96GT has a good reputation on FTE.MustangMatt96GT has a good reputation on FTE.
What hasnt gone wrong?

Well Chris wants to tear the tranny down again. I am not getting any cooler flow out of it. So I got to take the tranny out of it again, but honestly its easier to take the engine out too... Just got to find room in the garage first...

1997 F350 CCLB 4x4
Never Lift Racecars
Old 08-06-2009, 03:58 PM
Elder User

Hopefully Chris is being "nice" to you on the labor with all the transmission work he has been doing. If all else fails, and you still want to go down the track, you could always take your truck out for a club or street ET night.

I have had cars that were like your mustang is this year, anything and everything that could break did. 2 years ago i went thru 3 engines in my old chevelle!

Hopefully you will get it all figured out and working properly in time for fall series.
Old 08-07-2009, 02:53 AM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colo79Ford View Post
Hopefully Chris is being "nice" to you on the labor with all the transmission work he has been doing. If all else fails, and you still want to go down the track, you could always take your truck out for a club or street ET night.

I have had cars that were like your mustang is this year, anything and everything that could break did. 2 years ago i went thru 3 engines in my old chevelle!

Hopefully you will get it all figured out and working properly in time for fall series.
Chris is being more than nice about hthe labor prices.... he just needs to get me the stickers to put on the side of the car now.... if you know what i mean...

but yea, the truck will be seeing some club clash nights now that my race car cant even compete(muffler issue)

so its either fix the old 64s breaks, which is slowly happening, or the truck, and since the truck is slowly getting mods, it will probably be the one i will race...

dont know if I will even be able to play in the fall series.... maybe depends on the school schedule.

1997 F350 CCLB 4x4
Never Lift Racecars
Old 08-07-2009, 11:51 PM
Elder User

Oversize is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I was supposed to go to truckfest and got screwed into working from 6am to 6pm so I missed the whole thing this year. Usually Ill bring either one of my trucks, or one of my show grade semi tractors. It really sucks this year though because the last tractor I brought up there was one of the winners of best fleet, a few years ago and on the pictures for the event this year.

Earl. Former U.S. Marine, Professional driver, CAT diesel and Industrial Mech, P/T race engineer
'96 F-250 HD, SC, LB, 7.3L PSD, 5 spd, 6" lift, 35" BFG's, 3" DP, cat gut, 4"-5" stacks, 4.10's w/ LS, FPR mod, CAI, Hot pdl, HPX, DP-Tuner, Stg 1's, IDM 120, AIC, never done,...
Old 08-07-2009, 11:51 PM